Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.7M  (Read 78914 times)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.7M
« on: January 24, 2015, 01:44:58 pm »

Forgotten Realms Direforged

What this mod does at core is take certain creatures from Forgotten Realms/D&D Universe and transplants them into the Dwarf Fortress Universe as modded by Knight Otu's Direforged.  Those already transplanted so to speak have been renamed with a suitable name, for instance the original goblins of dwarf fortress are now called dire goblins and Knight Otu's sprites are now called Leaf Sprites.

The number of intelligent creatures wandering around the world without clothing, weapons or armour have been reduced somewhat and new entities have been created for the likes of say DF gremlins.  All sentient beings also have basic level swimming so creatures should actually be able to live long enough to actually learn how to swim better. 

Direforged creatures have been given the same treatment as based Dwarf Fortress creatures and some direforged items have been added to the Forgotten Realms Mod.  This mod is not just a merger of Direforged and Forgotten Realms, it is more a splicing of the content of the two mods. 

Installation.
Just unzip the archive into your main Dwarf Fortress folder, there must be no other mod installed that alters core game . 

In order to get the most of this mod you want to play a large world with the maximum number of civilizations.  Also be aware that mountain gnomes are now playable but use the exact same entity as dwarves do, so export your legends and check who is who before embarking if you care about that.

Log
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Version: 2.7A
*Added D&D elves.
*Added some missing plurals to certain words.

Version: 2.7B
*The new elves now only have biome support for rivers, lakes and oceans like the regular elves and most civs.
*Harpies now are not [KILL_NEUTRAL:REQUIRED] like other forest retreat civs and do not have cave creatures+crops+wood.

Version: 2.7C
*Drow can no longer use [GOOD] names.

Version: 2.7D
*Added missing [SITE] tokens to Duergar entity.

Version: 2.7E
*Added layer-linked drow entity.
*Added layer-linked orog entity.
*Added cave-based orog entity.
*Added the missing [SITE] token to sisters of Synnoria.

Version: 2.7F
*Removed duplicate [ASSERTIVE] language tokens in Drow.
*Made the new orog and drow layer-linked entities from the previous release actually work and not crash the game.

Version: 2.7G
*Fixed missing layer-linked entity creatures by adding missing required creature info.

Version: 2.7H
*Fixed troll entity.

Version: 2.7I
*ACTUALLY fixed troll entity.

Version: 2.7J
*Finally tracked down and dealt with a bug that was causing large and sometimes medium worlds to crash.
*Fixed incorrectly capitalized GRAY in the language file.

Version: 2.7K
*Implemented population control measures for giants while boosting certain low-performing civs as well.
*Added missing orchards to a number of forest retreat civilizations.
*D&D kobolds are now long [ITEM_THIEF] but a few extra cavern based civs are.

Version: 2.7L
*Renamed resized items to a non-numerical, if arbitrary adjectives.

Version: 2.7M
*Renamed some items that were missed in 2.7L.

Races

Story

Known DF Stories
The Story of The Last Dwarves
(Last updated 5th October 2016, discontinued)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 04:09:17 am by GoblinCookie »

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Mod
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 06:23:54 pm »

Important note.  Testing has revealed that playable Mountain Gnomes seem to be completely bugged. 

Do not play them!  When I have it all sorted out I will release another edition.  Hopefully that is tommorow.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 02:00:07 pm »

I have now fixed gnomes (I hope).   The problem was two-fold.  The first problem was that curious-beast guzzler was causing them to walk off with random items. 

The second problem was more general, weaponry (which includes pick-axes) was set to be unusable to beings that small.  I have now modified the weaponry file so all weaponry can be used by all being over size 500, which means that gnomes, gremlins and the ilk will be able to use all weaponry in the game. 

Plans are to playtest gnomes further for the next few days to see if there are any other problems.  If there are no problems that occur with gnomes, then I will start work on the planned direforged/forgotten realms merger.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 04:08:56 pm »

Apologies to the person who downloaded version 0.2  :-[ :-[ :-[.  I accidentally removed a number of jobs from the mountain entity, such as mechanic.  Those jobs are back in again; on the plus side gnomes seem to working very, very well indeed.   :)

If you have already begun a fortress, you do not have to restart the game world but can simply overwite the entity default.txt within your save game file with the base one.  The gnomes of Gleefulblockade are now equipped with mechanics now.   8) 8)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 04:15:31 pm by GoblinCookie »

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 11:54:46 am »

During playtesting I discovered that the outpost liason equivilants for the halflings was not working.  The basic idea was to give an outpost liason equivilant to each civilization so that you can form trade agreements with multiple civilizations at once, allowing for potential Arbitrage.  This means buying goods cheaply from one civilization in order to sell them on to another at the higher price. 

Also I have renamed chief medical dwarf to the more racially neutral chief medic.

As a result I was forced to release the 0.4 version of the mod.  The problem will not be fixable in save games I think.  I shall stop playtesting now and attend to the planned merger with Knight Otu's Direforged.  I may however still make other releases if people inform me as to bugs in the mod during the meantime.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Mod 0.4
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 06:35:46 pm »

I would just like to say that this is a mod I intend to play at some point, just right now I have a vanilla fort I'm really inspired by so I'm just doing that for now. I thought it might be a bit discouraging to make a mod thread where you're the only person making any posts.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 0.5
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 09:48:51 am »

I have completed the merger of Forgotten Realms Mod and Direforged.  I plan to lie back and playtest for the immediate future until Toady One finishes the next major update and then I will get to work on creating a 0.6 version of the mod to accomadate whatever changes in the files Toady One has added in. 

At this point I will get to work on a number of packs to add the following colonist creatures in the following order.

D&D Gnomes.
D&D Dwarves.
D&D Elves.
D&D Human Cultures. 

Every time I introduce one of these packs I will add in an equal number of entities of monsters to 'oppose' the non-evil entities I have added.  So the next pack which will contain Rock Gnomes and Svirfneblin will also include D&D Kobolds and Orcs as adversaries. 

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 07:51:57 am »

I accidentally duplicated two files because of renaming them and have uploaded the fixed version.  Those who downloaded between now and the last post should delete the non-fr versions of Enitity_Fomorian.txt and Entity_Goblin.txt (that is the one without the _fr at the end), there is no need to redownload as such.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 02:10:34 pm »

Playtesting has brought up some problems to be fixed.

I have fixed two problems.  Gnomes now have CANOPENDOORS meaning that they can actually open doors in adventure mode (or those set to stop pets in fortress mode).  I presumed they would have this tag on account of being humanoid but I suppose that would have prevented a non-violent solution to their original thieving role impossible hence it's absence. 

Also due to a bug that exists in the present system that causes the numbers of trained animals in subterranean settlements to reach ridiculous numbers I have made giant cave swallows and bats untrainable.  This is because having around 15k of trained animals in the fortress I was in was causing horrifying amounts of lag. 

To fix gnomes it is not neccesery to start a new game, all you must do is copy the new large_mountain_new into your old save file.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 0.7
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 11:40:21 am »

I had intended to wait until the next release but Toady One is taking so long to release the next version so I have decided to release early particularly because of some bugs I discovered while playtesting.  So here is version 0.7, if there are raw changes in the next update then I will have to make 0.8 and then gnomes, kobolds and orcs will be 0.9. 

Anyway, please remember to comment about the mod.  Having such a silent bunch of downloaders makes my job a lot harder than it should be.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 08:47:30 pm »

I had intended to wait until the next release but Toady One is taking so long to release the next version so I have decided to release early particularly because of some bugs I discovered while playtesting.  So here is version 0.7, if there are raw changes in the next update then I will have to make 0.8 and then gnomes, kobolds and orcs will be 0.9. 

Anyway, please remember to comment about the mod.  Having such a silent bunch of downloaders makes my job a lot harder than it should be.
You know the next release is going to be quite a while from now? Like over a month? He's gone from bugfixing to feature adding which takes a lot longer so I think it's pretty rude to say that he's taking a long time especially when it's only been a month and a half.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 07:35:00 am »

You know the next release is going to be quite a while from now? Like over a month? He's gone from bugfixing to feature adding which takes a lot longer so I think it's pretty rude to say that he's taking a long time especially when it's only been a month and a half.

Rude?  It is just that I have become used to regular updates making small changes, like every week or so.  If this were Gnomoria for instance, then I would have come to expect a lengthy time period between updates since these are normally months apart. 

http://gnomoria.com/news/

Having a length period of time is in lots of ways and advantage since it gives me time to play-test as well as make minor changes to the mod.  The present plan is to integrate other mods that are popular and then once the next update is out and can then integrate the next version in a similar manner. 

The only reason I released at all now is that through play-testing I came across annoying bugs like the gnomes not being able to swim (my adventurer drowned as a result) and the nothings bug due to missing caste names.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 0.8
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 06:03:20 am »

I have now released version 0.8.  Not only has Expanded Plants been integrated into the mod but the Direforged Plants have been modified to work on a similar basis as Button's plants.

Plans for the future include integrating All Races Playable, so that elves, dwarves and the (dire) goblins will be playable.  I do however intend to modify that mod so that the races are less generic in the way they are organised.  Hopefully Toady One will give me plenty of time to playtest them before I inevitably have to release version 1.0 to intergrate all the major changes Toady is making and this mod is no longer officially speaking be a beta build.   ;D
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 06:08:09 am by GoblinCookie »

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 0.8
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2015, 12:36:20 pm »

I have released 0.9.  It makes elves and humans playable as well making the size of their governments and the dwarves increase as the population of the settlement. 

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 0.9
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2015, 10:03:09 am »

this mod looks very interesting, does it come prepacked, ie the raws are already placed inside the lastest version of dwarf fortress and hopefully come with ironhand or phoebus graphics? ps, will this mode have manual? Oh and well done goblincookie on all your hardwork.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17