Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.7M  (Read 78917 times)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 1.5
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2015, 06:44:13 am »

Sounds really cool. I'm definitely going to try this. So I take it elves can't dig or build constructions then? Are the statues just because they create inside space beneath them?

What kind of weapons should I be looking at? I see a lot of blowguns, heh. And Silver Wood?

They can build constructions out of wood to live in off the side of the trees, or just live on the ground in wood cabins; that however is not a very elfy way to live, they are supposed to live *in* the trees afterall.  Yes I modded in the ability to grow wooden statues at the wood grower because I became aware of the problem of the lack of inside spaces on the trees to start off with and that seemed the most artistic/elfy solution to the problem.  One issue I forget to mention is training, make sure your designated barracks area is very small or else elves will end up falling off the trees and getting hurt. 

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 1.6
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2015, 08:40:56 am »

1.6 is now out.  I encountered a number of bugs during playthrough and they had to be fixed, not much more to say really other than said bugs are no more.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 1.7
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2015, 12:02:56 pm »

In 1.7 I have fixed a bug with the mode in which genderless, nameless cyclops were being created.  I was able to catch the bug because somebody's relative was abducted by a nothing called Theratu, I then went through the name files searching for Theratu and found out it was the sylvan word for juice.  Since the regular fey do not abduct children, I was able to thus narrow down the search to creature_fomorian and thus track down the problem as a caste left over from when cyclops were different sizes; they were standardised at 12 feet as a result of the resizing process for items. 

tiff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2015, 01:56:25 pm »

I'm not able to assign nobles in fortress mode as dwarves. All I get to change is expedition leader! Only discovered this after playing for a bit- sad!

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2015, 06:08:05 pm »

I've been trying to figure out what Silver Tree wood is? Do elves have any metal grade woods for weapons and armor?

Do you have any plans for additional playable races in the future? Drow, or something ice themed, maybe.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2015, 03:40:32 pm »

I'm not able to assign nobles in fortress mode as dwarves. All I get to change is expedition leader! Only discovered this after playing for a bit- sad!

You do not need to assign any nobles, the expedition leader automatically does all the noble functions until the mayor arrives.  When the mayor arrives, you will be able to appoint all the normal positions so no reason to be sad tiff  :).

I've been trying to figure out what Silver Tree wood is? Do elves have any metal grade woods for weapons and armor?

Do you have any plans for additional playable races in the future? Drow, or something ice themed, maybe.

It is the wood of a particular tree that exists in vanilla, I think it grows only in good biomes.  It is also the only metal-grade wood that there is, so you should could your blessings that you have it basically and take loads of it with you, though I do not think you will be able to trade it to your homeland (but I am not sure because it's material is silver).   

I have loads and loads of plans for additional races; but I am just working on perfecting the Status Quo until the next release comes out.  I have also got myself the unintended extra problem of finishing the shoddy work of Deboche's D&D mod, that is debugging/balancing/developing the legion of buggy undeveloped creatures I have added in.  In seems like he mass-produced creatures by the bucketload, while failing to balance them, test them or make sure their abilities actually worked as intended.  For instance in present release the ghast miasma has an unintended effect of melting anything that comes into contact with it, including the ghasts themselves.

The reason is that he did not define a custom boiling point for the material he was using as the gas, the gas then was being emmited at the default temperature a gas is produced at which is above the boiling point for the material.  The gas thus appeared on the scene above the boiling point of the default creature template material, which means hot enough to vapourise flesh and blood.  While not an obvious bug, a short while in the object testing dungeon would reveal the problem which I found out when by adventurer got melted while making her way through the undead infested underground. 

The creature adding plans are to add Gnomes, Dwarves, Elves and Humans in that order.  These will be released in bundles, the 'non-evil' creatures form a group of entities opposed to the evil versions of those things and a collection of other creatures, mostly evil as well; the situation is to end up with equal numbers of these non-core races to match up against the core races.  Creatures from Direforged or D&D do not count in this scheme, so the present pack works out as 4-4 with Lightfoot/Strongheart/Ghostwise/Fey VS Fomorian/Goblinoid/Xvart/Tasloi; future race expansion packs are supposed to work on the same basis.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 1.8
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2015, 08:17:48 am »

I have now released 1.8.  The situation with the gases has been fixed and undead have been made rarer because in the previous version the underground was completely overrun with them and it was making the caverns overly dangerous. 

Musaab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 1.8
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2015, 01:56:57 am »

Thanks for the great work!

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 1.9
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2015, 11:52:45 am »

Here it is, the updated version for 0.42.02.  I took advantage of the variable values mechanics to make all the entities, save a few have variable values overall, with a range based upon their original fixed value.  My impression however is that it is best not to player Adventure Mode at the moment because the sites are presently infested with mounts, causing CPU to be totally crushed by the sheer weight of animal flesh; best to wait till the next release when that issue is finished and start a new world.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 1.9B
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2015, 01:29:49 pm »

I discovered a problem with the ghostwise halfling entity and the tasloi one.  No idea what it actually was, fixed it by making a new text files for the ghostwise entity specifically and making a new tasloi entity modelled on the last one.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 1.9B
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2015, 02:59:13 pm »

Started out being able to take earth elementals at a cost of 1, so I got a bunch of those because I'm a cheap bastard - they're doing my hauling, animal handling, furniture construction, etc. and I can assign them to squads, which is pretty awesome, and one of them pulped a wolverine on embark, so their value should definitely be increased.

But they also started to get (!)distracted, which says they've got some personalities :V Sure as shit, I built a tavern, and they started having dance parties
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not sure if it's intentional, but it is adorable somehow. I wonder if they'd have started fights if I hadn't gotten the dance floor up and running.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 03:45:22 pm by Eagleon »
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 1.9C
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2015, 08:51:03 am »

I have finished another subrelease, it should be the last subrelease before I bring out 2.0 and gnomes of the D&D variety.  The elemental issue that Eagleon brough up has been solved, elementals now have a price of 200 each rather than 1 each.  I made some changes to birds as part of an abandoned attempt to improve the quality of the creature raws, by adding in more prefs and gender caste names for the many creatures.  I will likely continue that after Toady One brings out the next release which adds new giant/animal person varieties but it is quite a mammoth task.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.0A
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2016, 09:41:21 am »

The mammoth project that is Release 2.0 turned out to be take even longer than I had expected; basically it took over 2 months to trawl through the creature raw files in order to make changes/revisions/improvements to them all.  Aside from releasing fixes to whatever bugs I or somebody else manages to spot the next step will be to finally add new creatures; the new creatures will be rock gnomes, Lanten gnomes and svirfneblin vs kobolds, orcs and gnolls.  However I have had to say bye-bye to a number of entities  :'( because with the upcoming new entities, most notably several trolls and leaf sprites demoting their creatures to joinable uncivs as they would compete with upcoming new arrivals and they are not really so interesting/unique as to justify such competition.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.0B
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2016, 07:09:02 pm »

While looking for stories to tell I noticed a mysterious nothing that my entity had become enemies of in the past.  I could not track down this nothing, until I discovered that it is possible to place nothings in the object testing dungeon.  Apparently there were 28 nothings (this is just the creature types afflicted not the castes) in total and I had to postpone bedtime in order to sort them all out but thankfully it was Friday  ;), it seems however that merely replacing the save game raws does not get of them and a new game is needed  :(.  At the same time I also made giant hares milkable because they are grazing animal that is of a reasonable size (the criteria).  So here goes version 2.0B I suppose.

Purdurabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.0B
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2016, 05:35:26 am »

Does this coexist with LNP and any graphics pack?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17