Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.7M  (Read 78927 times)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.5F
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2017, 10:46:02 am »

I'm unsure if i installed it properly, so here is what i have done and what i intend to do for a new install:
1. use LNP 0.43.03-r09: configure LNP and start it (at least once to check settings).
2. copy the contents from the data folder from FRDF 2.5F into the data folder from the LNP (overwriting where necessary)
3. start via the LNP launcher.

(until now i did step 2,1,3 in that order, so maybe changing the graphicset might have overwritten some of your raws...)

"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.5F
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2017, 12:48:45 pm »

I'm unsure if i installed it properly, so here is what i have done and what i intend to do for a new install:
1. use LNP 0.43.03-r09: configure LNP and start it (at least once to check settings).
2. copy the contents from the data folder from FRDF 2.5F into the data folder from the LNP (overwriting where necessary)
3. start via the LNP launcher.

(until now i did step 2,1,3 in that order, so maybe changing the graphicset might have overwritten some of your raws...)

LNP (Lazy newb pack) changes lots of things that I also change, largely for the same reasons.  That means that if my mod overwrites something that LNP does, it might not work properly. 

In any case I have released another subrelease.  This is because work has finally begun on 2.6, however xvarts are very much in a bad way owing to how they were never very strong but their neighborhood is now very crowded, what with giants about.  I have responded by giving xvarts the ability to also settle in forest and shrubland AS a [START_BIOME] rather than before merely as a settlement biome so that they will hopefully expand better in the earlier game, making them more likely to survive to the end of world-gen.  Since this is a fix I have decided to make it a subrelease, since it might be a while until I bring out the next version.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.5G
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2017, 01:34:28 pm »

So i should just install LNP, make seetings, install FRDF and then launch without LNP and hope that the necessary changes aren't overwritten?
i'll try that.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.5H
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2017, 04:46:34 pm »

While playing I ran into an old bug that I thought I had fixed but apparently I hadn't. The vassal lord, which is the human conquered site ruler for some reason was defined as an ordinery site figure, causing it to appear in regular human sites but *not* where it was supposed to be appearing.  That is fixed now.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2017, 02:23:25 pm »

I have decided to expand the scope of the next release to include an expansion of the dictionary because the default dictionary has far too many gaps in it for my taste.  I have spent April not actually adding new words but instead recreating the whole system of word-symbols from scratch because basically I don't like the default symbol categories, since they are too imprecise in their actual meanings and the words in them are too arbitrary (plus too many words have no category at all).  If I could I would have got rid of the whole thing but there is too much hardcoding involved in the exact file names (the game crashes if you change them) so I just added a lot more extra symbol categories alongside them, enough so every word in the dictionary is in at least one.  I redid those symbols word contents and gave them a more precise meaning however.

Since no new words have actually been added yet I was able to generate a test world with the new symbol-word list.  I ultimately generated a world called the "Present Land", previous failed worlds that did not make it out of world-gen alive are the "Silent World" and the "Infinite Skies".  One the effects of the new symbol-list is that there is an increased array of words in the hardcoded symbols  for the world generator to use, so we end up with a more interesting array of world-names than vanilla allows.  The next part of the plan is to add in new worlds that are really needed for objects and things that are hardcoded into the base game, copying them from Amostubal's expanded dictionary.  Then I intend to go through the inorganics and body part files to add more words in for everything found there.  Then I will go through the creature files, simultaneously adding words for everything that needs words and making the planned changes to the creatures at the same time.  Lastly I go through the entity files, making changes and adding whatever words I wish to add at the same time.  Then release the resulting monstrosity onto the public 8) :).
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 05:35:40 am by GoblinCookie »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2017, 09:11:18 am »

Is it safe to install this into preinstalled "Meph Tileset V1.4" http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161047.0 ?

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2017, 12:13:26 pm »

Is it safe to install this into preinstalled "Meph Tileset V1.4" http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161047.0 ?

Yes it is quite safe, since this mod does not modify graphics HOWEVER the new content will not have any graphics for it and will appear as default.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2017, 12:41:03 pm »

so the huge diversity of all creatures provided by meph will just be unused?

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 06, 2017, 12:05:39 pm »

so the huge diversity of all creatures provided by meph will just be unused?

The *new* creatures added by the mod will have no graphics for them.  The default creatures even if they are modified by this mod will have graphics; as I said the new content will appear as default ASCII graphics but the old vanilla content will have meph's graphics.   

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 06, 2017, 02:57:28 pm »

okay, that should be good enough :)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.5I
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2017, 07:28:45 am »

Once of my forts struck disaster when a trader brought a training spear made out of Knight Otu's DANGEROUS flarestone.  It was not supposed to appear since it is not defined as stone, but it did resulting in the destruction of a trade depot.  With this subrelease dangerous flarestone no longer exists, though regular flarestone does still exist since it is needed for a number of direforged reactions. 

tiff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2017, 09:24:08 am »

Hey, just so you know, the new buildings and reactions you've added aren't in the entities so they're not usable in fortress mode. I discovered this when merging your mod (a must have for me!!) and a few others. It looks like the magic smelter and the gun workshops. Possibly others I haven't noticed. The Direforged content appears to be integrated fine.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2017, 04:31:50 pm »

I really enjoy this mod a lot, but there are some serious problems:
-Gold Dwarves still can't make clothes for anything but upper body.
-Lantan gnomes can't tan leather, no [PERMITTED_REACTION:TAN_A_HIDE] in their entity raws.
-Trying to create a squad under the minister of defense of Lantan gnomes results in a crash, "c: create squad" instruction doesn't even appear.

I guess less feedback means more missed bugs, and this mod really doesn't get enough recognition.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2017, 06:28:21 am »

Hey, just so you know, the new buildings and reactions you've added aren't in the entities so they're not usable in fortress mode. I discovered this when merging your mod (a must have for me!!) and a few others. It looks like the magic smelter and the gun workshops. Possibly others I haven't noticed. The Direforged content appears to be integrated fine.

They are not supposed to be in the entities necessarily.  Vanilla (fortress) dwarves are not supposed to be able to for instance enchant metals, while D&D dwarves are not allowed to use adamantine weapons.  Gun workshops are only for lantan gnomes, nobody else gets them by design.

I really enjoy this mod a lot, but there are some serious problems:
-Gold Dwarves still can't make clothes for anything but upper body.
-Lantan gnomes can't tan leather, no [PERMITTED_REACTION:TAN_A_HIDE] in their entity raws.
-Trying to create a squad under the minister of defense of Lantan gnomes results in a crash, "c: create squad" instruction doesn't even appear.

I guess less feedback means more missed bugs, and this mod really doesn't get enough recognition.

I have no internet connection at home, so sorry about the delay in responding.  Those bugs you are reporting give me a sense of deja vu, I think they are bugs I noticed before and tried to fix.  In any case I will take timeout from the dictionary grind (83k lines out of 128k so far) in order to check up on the relevant files.

Lantan Gnome ministers of defense are not supposed to have squads though. 

Lack of internet connection at home is a problem, I have an out of date version of 2.5 on my memory stick, I need to go fix it at home and then upload the fixed version tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 06:42:52 am by GoblinCookie »

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.5J
« Reply #119 on: October 11, 2017, 06:12:00 am »

I have fixed various bugs and have uploaded another subrelease at 'work' lunchtime to get around my lack of a internet connection, I should have an internet connection this weekend.  The upcoming version will include an expanded dictionary that comes with an expanded set of word symbols which will be used in the entities, however this much work unfortunately should take some time, I am expecting the next release to be finished sometime November/December, I will see what I can do about the next version of the main game when it comes out which should be before the next version of this mod.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 07:36:01 am by GoblinCookie »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17