Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.7M  (Read 78909 times)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.6I
« Reply #195 on: August 03, 2018, 02:46:46 pm »

I have fixed a basic problem with the grammer of my new dictionary where  [OF_NOUN_SING]  was being used instead of       [OF_NOUN_PLUR], resulting in silly grammer like the the House of Rabbit as oppossed to the House of Rabbits which is now how it will work.  Having fixed all the pressing concerns with the grammer, I can now strip the dictionary down into a vanilla form and release it as a separate mod.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.6J
« Reply #196 on: August 04, 2018, 10:51:57 am »

Readed was apparently a word in my mod's expanded dictionary.  Also Foul Blendecs were being instructed to use Negative words and at the same time prohibited.  I ran across a dark fortress called Bottle which alerted me to this problem, bottle is only a single word but all towns in the game should have a name consisting of two words strings. 

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.6K
« Reply #197 on: August 04, 2018, 11:16:39 am »

Just fixing a type by which engraving was being spelt engraveing.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.6L
« Reply #198 on: August 04, 2018, 03:34:03 pm »

Helixs is now properly spelt Helixes.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 08, 2018, 02:27:33 pm »

I've finished my vanilla expanded dictionary, See here.  During the process of making it I spotted flaws in the code and a few missing words in my dictionary, which means elves are delayed once again as I go through the dictionary to debug and polish the thing.  Then I will release 2.7 which will have elves in it, lots of elves, naturally including drow elves.

Poprock360

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 15, 2018, 04:40:03 pm »

Hey, i'm having some trouble using FR Direforged, i seemingly can't generate a world for any older than ~125 years. It acts normally until i'm prompted to press 'enter' to finish the generation. Once i do, it instantly crashes. I have properly installed the mod on multiple completely fresh dwarf fortress installs.

Another thing I've noticed is that if try to open a legends_plus.xml with Legends Viewer from a world that was successfully generated using the mod (younger that ~125 years old) it either fails to open the file or gives me an unhandled exception.

(By the way, my computer is completely capable of generating extremely old worlds, this issue seems to pop up only if i try to generate an old world using the mod)

Thanks for your time.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 16, 2018, 06:54:01 am »

Hey, i'm having some trouble using FR Direforged, i seemingly can't generate a world for any older than ~125 years. It acts normally until i'm prompted to press 'enter' to finish the generation. Once i do, it instantly crashes. I have properly installed the mod on multiple completely fresh dwarf fortress installs.

Is it a large world?

Poprock360

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 17, 2018, 11:41:10 am »

Is it a large world?

It is. I generated the worlds with all setting maxed out, except for Minerals, which are set to frequent.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 17, 2018, 12:29:59 pm »

It is. I generated the worlds with all setting maxed out, except for Minerals, which are set to frequent.

That is as expected, I have not been able to generate a large world either.  You can generate worlds of 125 years or less, which makes things even more complicated because it is not a problem related to the number of civs/sites/hist.characters in my experience.  I guess I will have to strip the mod down piece by piece in order to figure out what is causing the problem, that smaller histories work implies it is something to do with memory, while the size of the world implies it is something to do with geography. 

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 17, 2018, 01:52:10 pm »

That is as expected, I have not been able to generate a large world either.  You can generate worlds of 125 years or less, which makes things even more complicated because it is not a problem related to the number of civs/sites/hist.characters in my experience.  I guess I will have to strip the mod down piece by piece in order to figure out what is causing the problem, that smaller histories work implies it is something to do with memory, while the size of the world implies it is something to do with geography.
when creating any world bigger than small in vanilla, i get a crash from lack of RAM. so this is a Memory problem when soelcting a bigger world. i could however chose to create longer (than 125 years) history, though the process slows down significantly after 250 years. haven't tried with this mod yet.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.6M
« Reply #205 on: November 11, 2018, 09:39:23 am »

I have been spending the last month going through the dictionary to make fixes.  Along the way I discovered that certain words were actually missing because of the way that certain file names could not be read by the language generator.  I also reduced the number of entities for cloud giants and storm giants to 1 because they were quite the menace thanks to the game not understanding just how much creatures that big should eat but still understanding how deadly they are. 

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 11, 2018, 05:37:33 pm »

Very sorry but it seems I forgot to actually move the new words into the game folder from the language-creator folder before uploading.  If there is one thing I hate, it's my bad memory. :-[ :-[

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 11, 2018, 05:46:56 pm »

Had to fix it again, I don't think I even downloaded it properly from my memory stick in the first place.   :(

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 12, 2018, 10:09:50 am »

Had to fix it again, I don't think I even downloaded it properly from my memory stick in the first place.   :(
*hugs GoblinCookie and pats him on the back* everything's alright, you're with friends here :)
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 12, 2018, 02:34:56 pm »

*hugs GoblinCookie and pats him on the back* everything's alright, you're with friends here :)

:D ;D Last night I went to bed at 4 am because I was so unnerved by managing to not upload the mod properly.

The problem with new releases is it results in playing the game, which results in more bugs being detected and more releases made in a truly world-destroying cycle.  It seems redcaps actually did not even exist because I forgot to replace the creature tag when I originally cloned the Carmine Fey.  I also forgot to tell everyone I added in 10 more words last release as well, most of them anatomical and particularly related to arthropods, stuff like chitin and spiracles (the means by which arthropods breathe). 

I wonder if the redcaps existance will totally alter how my world, The Ancient Reality develops from it's seed?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17