Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.7M  (Read 78907 times)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.6O
« Reply #210 on: November 13, 2018, 12:08:43 pm »

Released another subrelease to fix a number of typos in the dictionary. 

Also, I used to have 3 sisters but now I only have 2.   :'( :'( :'( :'(

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.6P
« Reply #211 on: November 18, 2018, 09:08:13 am »

Because I am planning to release the next version of the dictionary I spent about a day's worth of time combing through the dictionary and removed a ton of bugs.  I also found four words, including the words for Tyrannosaurus and Tyrannosaurus People were duplicated.  Instability remains high, something is eating up memory like crazy causing worlds with higher specs to crash but I don't know what it is, any leads would naturally be welcome in this regard.  It could just be the sheer quantity of content, but I have not generally found this to be the case in the past, modern computers can process a near-infinite amount of raw information provided it 'makes sense' to them. 

Also about the spelling, I fixed a lot of spelling mistakes but maybe in the process I have bequeathed a kind of abominable hybrid between American-English and English-English upon the world.   ;) 8)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.6Q
« Reply #212 on: November 23, 2018, 06:28:21 am »

Lacedons used to be referred to as ghasts both in the plural form and in their descriptions.  With subrelease Q this is no longer the case.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 23, 2018, 01:31:48 pm »

More on the topic of naming mistakes, male ethereal slayers are named 'female ethereal slayers'. I was wondering how my five female ethereal slayers managed to make a babby.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 24, 2018, 08:10:05 am »

More on the topic of naming mistakes, male ethereal slayers are named 'female ethereal slayers'. I was wondering how my five female ethereal slayers managed to make a babby.

Unfortunately the file depot seems to be down at the moment, but I do very much love downloaders that report bugs.   :)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.6R
« Reply #215 on: November 24, 2018, 10:55:34 am »

With the File Depot back online I have released subrelease R, which means that male ethereal slayers are now properly labelled as such.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.6S
« Reply #216 on: December 02, 2018, 09:11:57 am »

While working on the vanilla dictionary I discovered that green tree frogs were being referred to as green-tree-frog-kittens.  This needed to be fixed in this mod also, so we now are on letter S. 

There is now nothing at all distracting me from adding in elves!  8) 8)

LtGreeneyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 10, 2018, 12:10:36 am »

Posted to watch. :D

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 21, 2018, 07:37:17 am »

I've returned from my sister's funeral.  Before I went I completed the physical forms (not the entities) of the sun elves and moon elves; Christmas is coming, which means I will probably get many more done.  ;)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 21, 2018, 11:16:15 am »

I've returned from my sister's funeral.  Before I went I completed the physical forms (not the entities) of the sun elves and moon elves; Christmas is coming, which means I will probably get many more done.  ;)
My sympathies.
I hope you find the time for griefing and friends to support you if necessary.
Also sometimes it's important to distract oneself with a more delightful topic and as i read DF is one of those to you.
Take your time to treat yourself well.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 22, 2018, 06:26:02 am »

My sympathies.
I hope you find the time for griefing and friends to support you if necessary.
Also sometimes it's important to distract oneself with a more delightful topic and as i read DF is one of those to you.
Take your time to treat yourself well.

:)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.6T
« Reply #221 on: March 08, 2019, 06:08:30 am »

Great horned owls were not properly benign and were being killed by companions in adventure moment.  I have fixed that.

Another issue I have hopefully fixed is the issue in which dwarf fortresses were being placed in inappropriate climates because they were set to be supported by mountain biomes.  The problem basically meant they never, ever expanded from their starting location.  That is because unlike other sites a dwarf fortress must set up a hillocks nearby before it can create another fortress, other sites do not have that problem and so can thrive with mountain as their biome-support.  Now it should not happen that dwarf fortresses are set up on mountains unless they are in a location suitable for them to set up a nearby hillocks, allowing them to set up another fortress, possibly some distance away (dwarf fortress considers that to be more than a few hours walk!).

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.6U
« Reply #222 on: March 08, 2019, 08:19:01 am »

In the previous subrelease I forgot to fix mountain gnomes.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.6V
« Reply #223 on: March 09, 2019, 06:23:09 am »

I have been forced to roll back some previous changes.  Mountain preference for dwarves and similar is back in.  The reason is that while frustratingly it can understand proximate biome during world gen, it cannot understand this when setting up new fortress, this not being the case for any other site.  What was happening is that they would fill the world with hillocks but they would never build any more fortresses aside from the one they started out with. 

I also solved what I call 'carpeting' by which the civilization creates a sheet of minor settlements in an enormous block.  How I did this is by eliminating biome support for anything other than rivers for most civilizations, this restricts the number of sites they can set up in a given area.  It also has another benign effect, it also tends to cause civilizations to actually establish clear borders and not build into each-others general territory too much. 

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.6V
« Reply #224 on: March 16, 2019, 09:33:07 am »

I have finally finished up adding in trolls.  Normally this would not be news-worthy but I have made the trolls properly regenerate.  This was done by adding a syndrome to troll blood so that when it comes into contact with trolls it triggers them to turn into a special troll caste of the same gender in 200 ticks and then turn back again in 200 ticks.  The special troll caste is itself immune to the troll blood syndrome BUT the length of the syndrome is 400 ticks means that the troll will return to it's original caste in 200 more ticks.  Both transforming into and back to another caste causes all wounds to heal, so it works very well to simulate regeneration.

I also made troll body parts poisonous.  This isn't actually canon as far as I know but it makes sense of lore questions like why doesn't everyone just feed the regenerating trolls to your dire bears or what-have-you.  This was harder considerably than making trolls regenerate, the main problem was creating special troll materials that everyone does not think is food. 
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17