Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Most injured companions  (Read 4176 times)

Genoraven

• Bay Watcher
  • 4 Ichy Tasty
    • View Profile
Most injured companions
« on: December 15, 2010, 01:54:32 am »

What is the worst injuries you have had a companion take while still keeping him with you.

Right now i have this guy following me who is missing his nose, left hand right arm below the elbow and right foot. He's been with me since i started having companions with me. He started out as a wrestler and lost those limbs on like the first mission (something trivial like killing a bandit.)

Since then we have fought and killed a few night-creatures, a marsh titan, several dragons, a hydra and several 30+ goblin ambushes. This guy has been the first in to battles, teeth first. I've gone through like 3 rotations of soldiers and hes the only survivor.

So, share your stories of grizzled support characters.

Urist McPeasant cancels point and laugh at Philosopher - Philosopher no longer exists.
Philosopher cancels job: abstractualize existence: interrupted by personal nonexistence.

Myles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Most injured companions
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 02:11:00 am »

In one of my adventures a guy following me lost both his feet yet continued to follow me until his(along with the rest of my companions) demise at the hands of a goblin ambush like 2 months later.

I also one time had a fire breathing goatman demon who at first got beat to shit so bad I figured he'd be worthless(I didn't realize he wasn't a regular human at the time) only to pretty much fully heal and become even more badass than myself. Before I embarrassingly died while swimming in the caverns, he had over 300 totals kills including a couple dragons, a hydra, and numerous titans and night creatures.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 07:01:52 pm »

7 stabs to the head with a silver pike in 1 fight.
he was out cold from a arrow to the leg at the time and only hand a rope reed fiber hood on at the time.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Dartania

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 10:10:44 pm »

First time I get a companion, I don't realize until we're half way to the quest location that his right leg is missing, and that's why his icon is blinking.  He's been prone for all of the fast travel.  I feel like such a noob.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 12:54:00 am »

WHOA, I saw the "December 15" and was like "man, that's a bit of a necro isn't it, thread is nearly two months old"... then I saw the 2010...

I had a hammerdorf chick running around with me who picked up another 80 or so kills after losing her left arm, near the end she lost her left foot as well, and then we got close to a necro tower and rather than waiting like I said she charged in and went into a trance. I did my best to keep them off of her but she finally got overwhelmed after taking down a heap of them. I kited them enough to circle around and get her body so I could go lay it down in a nearby mead hall after telling the lord of the place about what she had done before dying.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 02:25:54 am »

The most injured one that survived long enough to be worthy was a certain Tiqua Washedknives, who suffered the same injuries as I had (a missing arm, a missing foot, a missing eye and a missing leg) and also lacked her nose. That roc was so annoying. She, in true human fashion, killed the beast by biting it to death while I broke its neck with Tiqua's severed leg.
Had to retire because I lost my remaining arm afterwards and had no kicking skill.
thincake

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 05:36:32 pm »

First time I get a companion, I don't realize until we're half way to the quest location that his right leg is missing, and that's why his icon is blinking.  He's been prone for all of the fast travel.  I feel like such a noob.

It's a common feeling at first.
Welcome to the Bay 12 Forums, by the way!
Regards,
Dampe

Lockem Shoto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 09:15:48 pm »

My most injured companion was Oberyn (can't remember his last name). I nicknamed him after I couldn't pronounce his real name - he was a really good spearman. After a few dragon battles, I decided to look at him since I felt like reading what my longest-living-surviving-companion looked like. The fat was burned off his face, his left eye was missing, all his fingers and toes were gone, his teeth were gone, and he had massive scars everywhere. I ended up killing him when I decided to take over a town and he attempted to save everyone by attacking me.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 12:49:26 am »

Wow super old thread,
*Looks around for witnesses... "lets burn it"
* shakily lights and holds a match

My most injured buddy was a head and a body. No nose no ears, mangled eyes multiple feed marks torn cheeks no eyelids lips that have been peeled with a mandolin.
I really should get him checked out... naw he says "this is the life for me"
Ahh life, born to suffer.
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 10:09:17 am »

I had a human miner who got sliced in the lower body, spilling her guts.
When we fast traveled, the cut healed, but her guts trailed behind.
Unlike other companions, she kept slaying stuff.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 11:44:54 am »

Don't you feel guilty when you notice you've left behind a companion who's been belly-crawling to follow you and decide not to go back for them? Couldn't they do the sensible thing and retire on their own?

The guilt is even worse when they show up months later, still crawling, still your companion. This traveling sure is the life, huh buddy?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2015, 08:31:54 pm »

Back in 0.34, I had a zombie sea serpent that was covered in several pages of scars and had 6 different weapons stuck in it, including a silver pike though the tongue.

mineforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 12:29:33 am »

WHOA, I saw the "December 15" and was like "man, that's a bit of a necro isn't it, thread is nearly two months old"... then I saw the 2010...

I had a hammerdorf chick running around with me who picked up another 80 or so kills after losing her left arm, near the end she lost her left foot as well, and then we got close to a necro tower and rather than waiting like I said she charged in and went into a trance. I did my best to keep them off of her but she finally got overwhelmed after taking down a heap of them. I kited them enough to circle around and get her body so I could go lay it down in a nearby mead hall after telling the lord of the place about what she had done before dying.

This guy is a amateur, I'm a pro necro reviving threads from 2008
Who's born in the fortress, die in the fortress

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2015, 12:25:55 am »

I don't remember the worst injuries my companions have ever received and were able to stay with me.
But my current companion has a mangled ear, not much but if it gets infected bye bye companion. heh.

I do think that I had one that had at least 6 scars and was missing a leg though. she was my favorite. c:
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.