Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Taverns Update?  (Read 3451 times)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Taverns Update?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 01:41:05 am »

If it does come out in spring it'll probably be late Spring. I know he's trying to go for two main tavern update releases where he gets the important features out first then goes and adds in the playable gambling and randomly generated meal recipes, but based off of how long these updates take most of the time I feel like one season is a pretty short development time for the big additions being added. That second update though I think could be done in a season.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 12:51:01 pm »

Why are you guys so sure it's coming soon? Has toady said its coming that soon?
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2015, 10:01:05 am »

Wait, this soon? THIS SOON?!?! I was psyched out about it coming next year but...this early? Oh. Mah. Krob.

Think about the modding potential of the new magic system!
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2015, 03:16:48 am »

Wait, this soon? THIS SOON?!?! I was psyched out about it coming next year but...this early? Oh. Mah. Krob.

Think about the modding potential of the new magic system!
Procedural games, recipes, and magic won't be in the first release. Next year maybe, especially on the magic, which is prioritized after the other two.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 03:23:18 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 02:53:12 pm »

A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2015, 09:19:12 pm »

Would this update mean that alcoholic drinks will be a thing in adv mode? Will getting drunk be added too?
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2015, 06:53:36 am »

looking at how 40.x NPC react and talk to you, i would say getting drunk is already in and is a permanent status for every NPC :D

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2015, 04:48:54 pm »

Joke aside I might finally start playing adv mode

There's a (not so) tiny part of me that really wants to play a Succubi in adventure mode with all the features and whizzbangs working well :D
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2015, 11:37:22 am »

Joke aside I might finally start playing adv mode

There's a (not so) tiny part of me that really wants to play a Succubi in adventure mode with all the features and whizzbangs working well :D

I hope that dark fortresses gets taverns and temples, but otherwise invading human mead halls would be the best thing to do.
Pages: 1 [2]