Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: From Peasant to Dark Lord - Adventure mode challenge.  (Read 7291 times)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: From Peasant to Dark Lord - Adventure mode challenge.
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 12:08:23 pm »

New report:

Got ambushed on the way to another settlement. I trained my throwing a bit before...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Since then I took a few settlements.

And I died when trying to claim a lair...

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2015, 04:29:50 pm »

I am going to try this when I get home

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2015, 04:02:52 am »

I took over a Dark Fortress once.

Is that even possible?
thincake

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2015, 12:31:21 pm »

Felt like I was doing this challenge when I started as a baby in the middle of nowhere.
Baby-mode straight up removes the abililty for you to talk to anyone(you can greet people but can't start a normal conversation and will talk over you.), forces you prone which removes jumping and climbing also you can't eat that many types of foods.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2015, 04:19:42 am »

Baby-mode straight up removes the abililty for you to talk to anyone(you can greet people but can't start a normal conversation and will talk over you.)

Can you still open the civ naming menu and say to the site leader that you claim the site?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2015, 04:56:46 am »

Baby-mode straight up removes the abililty for you to talk to anyone(you can greet people but can't start a normal conversation and will talk over you.)

Can you still open the civ naming menu and say to the site leader that you claim the site?
yes but you will say Gaba or googoo or baba and every one will ignore your claims or react to them,
you still gain owner ship by offing the other leaders so it still counts just it's a stealth one and if you pull this off using an item that doesn't points the murder directly to you ala a minecart.
you can assassinate the head leaders and take over the place.
that said getting say a goblin site to not murder you because you look defenseless is tricky.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2015, 11:48:22 am »

yes but you will say Gaba or googoo or baba and every one will ignore your claims or react to them,
you still gain owner ship by offing the other leaders so it still counts just it's a stealth one and if you pull this off using an item that doesn't points the murder directly to you ala a minecart.
you can assassinate the head leaders and take over the place.
that said getting say a goblin site to not murder you because you look defenseless is tricky.

This is hilarious.
It's amazing how many things actually work when you hack your way into them despite not being intended features.  Have you ever tried playing as a ghost?  You can fly through walls, but only when not wearing or carrying anything, and you can't attack or be attacked in melee (you can still kill people by throwing stuff though).

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2015, 04:59:52 pm »

After reading through your first log, I want to point a fun bit of fun out...

Interactions menu - I. Pull out the bolts, and you can throw them. They hurt a lot when you do that.

Also, I find stealth+wrestling to be a fun way to dispatch folks - go for the strangle, or you can put joint locks on arms/legs and break them. Usually it takes just one break to for them to pass out, at which point it's stranglin' time! Also, if you have the initiative go for the highest threat - wrestle their weapon. Once you have a hold on it, you can use the Interactions menu again to 'gain possession' of it - this does exactly what it sounds like. I often enjoy ripping a mook's crossbow out of his hands and throwing it back into his face. Or, steal the quiver. He can only bash you at that point and you can return the favor with a full quiver, or you can throw the bolts individually causing a lot of fun and pain. You can do this at any point, but obviously it's most effective as an opening move as it disarms an opponent. It only takes two "turns" - one wrestle, one interaction. Breaking limbs takes 3 - wrestle, lock, break (and 2 more to let go to free the hand).

Once my current adventurer dies (I cheated in steel equipment but otherwise started as a peasant-level outsider) I'll give this a go myself :D
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 05:03:09 pm by draeath »
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!
Pages: 1 [2]