Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF silk and Pigtail probs  (Read 1389 times)

Bainin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF silk and Pigtail probs
« on: January 18, 2015, 02:36:54 am »

In the last 3 games(worlds) my Civs dont seem to find pigtail anymore, and nobody no human no gnomes no elfs no nothing trades Silk/string with me and my dwarfs seem to always demand it in a mood kinda annoying loosing so many dwarfs (4 good dwarfs so far) and i opend my caves just to get strings but my Dwarfs seem to ignore the cowwebs i build a loom and assigned spinner dwarfs.
Would be rlly nice iv you could give the traders a Crazy crate (suggestion name) which has some rare parts which comes with moods like silk cloth yarn plantfiber. =D
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 02:59:17 am by Bainin »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: DF silk and Pigtail probs
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 03:41:52 am »

Isn't cloth pretty much the thing the traders bring most reliably anyway?

I have no idea what the source of your other problems are, but if you're in Dwarf mode I am pretty sure you can set up a Shrine to Armok and pray (i.e. get small amounts of stuff for free) all kind of stuff, including cloth, glass, gems for moods.

Bainin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 07:17:16 am »

yeah thats the thing i did relay on traders for silk but none of them had any (cant even request) which did cost me some lives..
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 07:21:17 am by Bainin »

Vitellozzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 07:20:31 am »

Keep in mind that usually mooded dwarfs ask for generic cloth, while they want only cotton OR wool OR silk, not any of the three.

Bainin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 04:45:51 am »

i Know moods but why is no race trading Silk did they not find any or is that a new feature of DF?
About my idea with the trading goods i have better idea why not give them a seed box which contains all seeds because you got quite problems when ur Dwarfen/any race dont finds Pigtail or other plants which usually comes with the race or can be optained by their/others Caravans. (Miscellaneous Trading)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 12:06:19 pm »

Dunno, sorry.  All i can say is that it's not a feature, I trade for cloth and seeds with the caravans all the time.

If this happens to you all the time, and not to anyone else, it's possible you're generating worlds in a non-standard way that screws up the cavern habitats.  In which case there's not enough info here to really go on, you'd have to say more about what world generation parameters you're using, or give us something to go on.  Does your first cavern look barren and dry with no green cave moss floor?

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 02:28:40 pm »

To pitch in, I've noticed silk of common variety, and more often the rare variety, to be extremely hard to find on other civilizations. Often I see plant fibre - but that is it, no wool, no silk, no rare silk, etc traded by any civ I've met in my last 5 forts (nor can be taken from embark).

My caverns generate just fine, so I'm perplexed what the issue is myself. Just confirming I've seen this issue too (on the lack of silk) - rather frustrating when you got a strange mood. Shrines are great!... if they work. I've had to run 30+ dwarves on silk to get 1 piece after 5 minutes before, hahaha.

Does anyone here know how civs 'gather silk and rare silk'? What they require? That might help isolate the OP's problem, as I got a few ideas (that aren't just dry/non-genning caverns).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 03:15:13 pm »

silk is on the surface, rare silk is in the caverns or from more dangerous creatures.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 05:48:55 pm »

a quick question about silk, i recently broke into hell and noticed the harvestor woven souls webs, can i collect these like any other web and use them to create silk crafts? or do these act differently

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 03:26:19 am »

Yes, they are magma-proof silk. Temp-immune, actually. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 07:58:48 pm »

ok so after i deal with the horde of demons (if i survive) i can turn these new webs into superior clothing

Bainin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2015, 07:12:17 am »

will these cloth fall apart like other clothes?

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 09:44:18 am »

Clothing falls apart. Doesn't seem to matter what the material is.