Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seeds problem in .40  (Read 1463 times)

Hydarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Seeds problem in .40
« on: January 25, 2015, 04:27:54 pm »

Been tinkering around with a dwarf fortress in the .40 masterwork alpha and I seem to be getting fewer seeds back from things I farm then I'd expect.

Not sure if this a .40 change or masterwork one so I thought I'd check. I've so far lost two forts to lack of plump helmet spawns.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Seeds problem in .40
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 04:42:45 pm »

I'm not sure if this change would have been madded in the new version of Masterwork, but in normal masterwork underground plants take a year to grow, not a season. So if you order them to plant anything other than plump helmets the whole time they'll destroy the old seeds to plant new ones.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 06:34:29 pm »

All plants are pure vanilla DF. No changes. Any problem you have, its a vanilla problem.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 06:44:06 pm »

Been tinkering around with a dwarf fortress in the .40 masterwork alpha and I seem to be getting fewer seeds back from things I farm then I'd expect.

Not sure if this a .40 change or masterwork one so I thought I'd check. I've so far lost two forts to lack of plump helmet spawns.

Are you cooking, brewing, or eating raw?  Do you know that cooking does not yield seeds?

Hydarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 07:28:39 pm »

Ah, there came a point I had not noticed. Didn't know cooking didn't drop seeds, is it the same for brewing?

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 07:37:21 pm »

Brewing, eating raw, and industrial processes (like making thread) yield seeds, cooking does not.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle