Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Let's Write a Story! [Collaborative Story]  (Read 4215 times)

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
Let's Write a Story! [Collaborative Story]
« on: January 25, 2015, 09:23:12 pm »

So, I have an idea. My idea is that of a collaborative story, a story that a community writes together. I got the idea from a game that was being played on some sort of space email internet game. I figured that the one of the best places to do this would be Bay12 because you guys are really bloody cool. This is the reason I have started this thread to write a story with the rest of Bay12.

So this how this is going to work. Every post someone writes a piece of writing, in length it can be from one sentence to a few paragraphs. When writing extra pieces the only constraint is that it must be related to the prior posts in some way. This does not mean that you can't create an entirely new character/plot but it has to be able to be related to the rest of the writing in some way. I think that should be it for now, I'll start us off with a single sentence and see where it goes from there.

A compressed version of the story created by flamboy99 can be found here.

Rules:

1. Each post must be related to the prior posts in some way. This does not mean that you can't create an entirely new character/plot but it has to be able to be related to the rest of the writing in some way.

2. You may not directly contradict another persons post.

3. No sexual scenes of any kind.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dwarfing all but the tallest of mountains the Necromancer's Tower rose into the air as straight as a pole.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 03:35:40 pm by Gamedragon »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Write a Story
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 09:25:13 pm »

It stood tall and proud, brooding over the surrounding countryside, the dreadful smell of death about it.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 09:28:06 pm »

The very top was dominated by a six-pronged formation of spires made of black obsidian, reaching upward as if to pluck the very stars from the night sky above like a dragon's claw.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 09:30:01 pm »

Its lonely occupant stared out the window at the starry sky, unsatisfied at the void in their heart they thought building it would fill.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 09:33:24 pm »

While the tower held many hundreds of undead companions, the occupant desired something more...

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 09:38:06 pm »

"A wife." the necromancer thought as he twirled his manly beard.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Emma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 09:43:15 pm »

But, why? He had never felt the need for another human before... Well, he had, but that was a long time ago.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 09:50:58 pm »

Literary cliches would dictate that he had outlived her, but such (perhaps unfortunately) was not the case - the relationship didn't really work out and now all he remembered of her was from the divorce.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 10:07:21 pm »

And so he was left with his empty heart, his empty tower filled with empty halls filled with empty hordes, his study full of empty, idle pursuits.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Emma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 10:31:41 pm »

There was something, however, that could fill him. He had conquered this world but his research suggested that there may be more, more worlds to conquer, more food for his undead hordes.

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 10:43:47 pm »

There was only one catch to this land of unknown, he would have to give the thing dearest to him over to be locked into the dark void of limbo. He runs to his library to find a book that might contain a loophole in the ritual.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 11:49:11 pm »

Alas, the book is not to be found this day... It resides in the bookcase of his ex-lover, taken from him along with some of his more important relics by the divorce agreement. Perhaps it was time to call her again. It had been a few centuries since last they spoke, and maybe she would have cooled off from the... last time they spoke.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 11:56:28 pm »

He'd just need to dig up that SkullPages book to find the address to his old lair, taken over by his wife during the divorce.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 12:11:44 am »

He ran into the lonely halls of his abode, searching for the address to his old lair. It was time he spoke to his partner.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 12:18:30 am »

On finding the heavy tome he flicked through the crusty yellow pages looking for his old address. There! There it was, he drew a small piece of parchment from his robes and quickly wrote down the address 22 Bones Hill.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4