Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Human Fortress  (Read 10247 times)

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
Re: Human Fortress
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2015, 02:46:05 am »

Anything carrying magma should have to be magma safe, and the heat should burst nearby things, and dwarves, into flames.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

mndfreeze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Human Fortress
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2015, 04:09:08 am »

Yeah I think the magma safe requirement is sort of an obvious given.  The nearby heat thing, if magma already behaves that way in game, then I concur.  If it doesn't, well, I'd be fine with it occuring but it isn't a feature I would expect toady to rush.

Mostly I just hate how overly complex it is to move magma into your own pools.  I'm finding lots of little things like that in the game that almost seem like they were not originally INTENDED but some kids figured out how to do it, but instead of just writing it into the game with a proper method that makes sense, they just sorta sit there in half hacked together land.

Moving magma is a prime example.  I mean I can designate dwarves to make a pond and its pretty simple.  why the fark isn't there just an option on the pond to pick magma or water.  If magma selected, dorfies pick up magma safe containers/buckets/elven skulls coated in steel/etc and start hauling and dumping.

Or if people need a bit more realism to the process, maybe the kiln could be used to make a magma carrying container (sinc ceramics ARE used for that sort of temp in RL) and you could make a magma well like I previously mentioned.  A magma safe materials well with a magma safe chain, etc,etc that you lower and raise to fill your magma safe transporting container.  That way dorfies are never next to a giant magma pool trying to 'dip' their buckets in to fill, since duh, that wouldnt work so well.

awwwww fack it
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]