Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Roll to Quixote Organisation: search and rescue (waitlist open)  (Read 9954 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Roll to Quixote Organisation: search and rescue (waitlist open)
« on: January 26, 2015, 02:42:12 pm »

"Because even if the whole world refuses to see the giants, someone has to actually step up and charge them."
                                                                                                                                 -Sir Pendragon, founder.

The year is 1951. The korean war rages on. The cold war between the West and the Soviet union is getting colder by the year. And amids all the turmoil, things have started to go bump in the night. People go missing in eastern europe. Cattle gets massacred in mexico. The dead walk the earth. But the world isn't ready for news like that, it never was. So you tell them that organ thieves plague Eastern Europe. That it was nothing but rival farmers having a feud. Swamp gas. Hell, they'll believe anything if it helps them sleep at night.

But not you. You have been chosen to join the Quixote Organisation. An international and unofficial group that gets to investigate and silence everything that normal people don't want to see. Operating from an off the grid base in Switzerland, these brave men and women keep the world safe from things have no place existing in the first place. So whenever strange lights shine in the sky, when grandma won't stay in her coffin, when things go bump in the night...you'll know who to call.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
January 26, 1951
You find yourself in a small conference room with three other new hires. You're seated at a large metal table, with the white styrofoam cup containing the horrid coffee they gave you when you arrived sitting in front of you. You're glad they didn't ask you to remove your coat, because the room is uncomfortably cold.

James, the british guy who welcomed you off the bus earlier, comes in with a large manila folder under his arm.

"All right people, let's get to business, shall we? I've got your first assignment here already. Seems like whole villages have been going missing in South-America." He looks up for the first time since entering, looking at the people seated at the table.
"Ah, you're the newcomers. I suppose I'm getting ahead of myself. Seeing as you're all new, how about we introduce ourselves first?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler: system (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Actions should be bolded. It is encouraged that you pick a colour for what your character says. I'll be taking 4 people to start with.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 09:47:59 am by Pancaek »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Quixote Organisation: Prologue (signups open)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 02:42:29 pm »

Playerlist
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 09:42:13 am by Pancaek »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 02:48:26 pm »

Can I be a Quixotian monster?
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 02:49:38 pm »

Nyet, humans only, I'm afraid.

Nunzillor

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 07:42:57 pm »

Tentatively reserved...

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 07:54:22 pm »

Spoiler: Manu (click to show/hide)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 07:18:33 am »

Tentatively reserved...
After just waking up, I read that as "tentacly reserved". I got worried for a second.

Also, just because it might not have been clear. The Q-O isn't a military organisation. They've got combat units, for sure, but they've got all sorts of personnel on site. So you don't have to play a soldier if you don't want to.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 08:49:44 am »

I shall not be beat for the bidding oft his last spot, or ninjad out of it. It is mine! i reserve it!

Name: Devon Dixon
Appearance: A young, 5' 11, african american, individual with a slight disheveled, and grumpy look about his mouth. Looking into his eyes, though, he looks like he is either lost, or not quite there.
Backstory: His life was pretty much average, minus the fact that he never could pay attention to much. He spent no effort in traditional schooling, fining it drab and boring, though he id have a huge pension for learning. He loved it so much that he would bury himself in books of fiction and encyclopedias at the wrong times, getting in trouble often, but gaining insight in the world while losing the same amount in humanity. As he got to the age that he would go in to attempt secondary education, his bad habits caught up to him, and he only lasted two years, before failing miserably, due to his lack of interest in the norm, and extreme interest in the unaverage. The cultural need for a decent income, and his interest in things that should not be, has lead him here.
Nationality: United States of North America
Previous occupation: Busboy at a fast food restaurant.
Stats:
Body: 0
Reflexes: 3
Wits: 2
Spirit: 1
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 10:24:49 am by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 09:11:21 am »

You're only the third person to want a spot, though. Anyway, I'm not doing first come first serve. Not that it will likely become a problem anyway.

drone1230

• Bay Watcher
  • Feel the might of my epi-pen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 04:55:34 pm »

Would like to reserve a spot, I'll write up my character later today when I can use my computer.

Name: Jason Dune

Appearance: Short brown hair and eyes, pale skin and a tall, lanky figure. He has no sense of fashion whatsoever.

Nationality: USA

Profession: Professor

Stats:
0 body
1 reflexes
4 wit
1 spirit

If it's okay with you, I'd prefer not to write a detailed backstory. It wouldn't be all that good anyway.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 10:20:01 pm by drone1230 »
Just when you think you're good to go, you run into an undead camel that is a master of kung fu

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 07:35:47 am »

If it's okay with you, I'd prefer not to write a detailed backstory. It wouldn't be all that good anyway.
That's totally fine, backstories were optional. Just curious, what kind of professor was he?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 10:57:31 am »

Also, we're starting this the moment either Nunzillor posts his sheet or someone else joins up.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Quixote Organisation: Prologue (signups open: 3/4)
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 07:25:09 am »

nunzillor has let me know via PM that he won't be joining this after all.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2015, 07:49:54 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheet! (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2015, 04:47:09 pm »

Right, looks like we've got four signups. First post will be up tomorrow, because it's rather late and I'm already tired.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7