Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should I do the turns?

Continue the chapter-liketurns, it's like a Conan short story!
- 8 (88.9%)
Make it like you usually do. Action, then reaction.
- 1 (11.1%)
I don't even like Howard.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Hyboria RTD  (Read 3940 times)

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Hyboria RTD
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2015, 12:23:27 pm »

Turn 6: A Sudden Stop!

Raising his Chakram, the Ophirian is just about to pounce at the last brigand, before the Kusan cries out,

"Stop! All of you! Do not harm this man, he's my contact. You are all great fighters, come with me! To riches I lead, and he knows the way! Would you be of fools to distrust a Kasuni, especially when he speaks of mountains of gold and tomes of lore, written by the great Crom himself?!"

All stop momentarily, and eye the brigand. He loses his smirk, and looks at the Kusan.

"Took yeh long enough Kusani. Most of my assistants appear to be... In another world now. You all are now in my debt. You are all now in this Kusani's debt. And you can repay us, by joining us on a little, eh, escapade."

When he finishes speaking, he awaits your answer.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2015, 12:26:24 pm »

"I'm not sure I enjoy being in debt. What say you Drest? Should we just kill him and have this debt business be forgotten?"

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2015, 12:33:56 pm »

"I'm not sure I enjoy being in debt. What say you Drest? Should we just kill him and have this debt business be forgotten?"
"I say they show us a map. We know not where they go."
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2015, 02:36:02 pm »

"I say he should explain, first, why I should not behead the leader of the rabble that had enough gull to threaten the owner of this fine establishment. After that, we can speak of why his tropes deficiencies lead us to his debt."
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2015, 06:20:53 pm »

"I agree. We need an explanation first, before making a final decision."
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2015, 07:14:51 pm »

ptw, though I may make a character after I figure out what these stats are meant for, is there magic or are the int and wisdom stats completely non-combat? (also, if attacks are just instantly lethal with a decent roll then what does constitution do?)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2015, 06:16:38 pm »

"I apologize, I didn't realize my guide was suicidal. If anything, it's YOU who owes us the debt. You lied to me, saying you were the best warriors in Aquilonia, but, by these great warriors showcase, I see that was surely not the case. No, the only reason I let you live is because I need a guide. As the Kusani treasure-hunter I am, you told me you know of a great trove of Crom, and I expect you tell us, if you value your life, seeing that these valiant warriors are more than willing to mount your head upon the wall. So, may you guide now, debtor?
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2015, 06:25:42 pm »

Turn 7

Whilst many of the adventurers mutter over the brigand's fate, until the Kusani's voice rings out.

"I apologize, I didn't realize my guide was suicidal. If anything, it's YOU who owes us the debt. You lied to me, saying you were the best warriors in Aquilonia, but, by these great warriors showcase, I see that was surely not the case. No, the only reason I let you live is because I need a guide. As the Kusani treasure-hunter I am, you told me you know of a great trove of Crom, and I expect you tell us, if you value your life, seeing that these valiant warriors are more than willing to mount your head upon the wall. So, may you guide now, debtor?

The brigand chuckles, and looks over the adventurers.

"Kusani, you payed quite well for adventurers, correct? Well, these people have decided to eliminate your payed service before you got it. I believe they owe you. Now, I suggest we ride away. The gaurds will be here in moments."

He and the Kusani mount their horses, and await the rest of you.

Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2015, 06:42:25 pm »

"I'm still not sold on this debt nonsense. Much better to be alone. Zingaran, let's find a new tavern. This one is noisy for my taste. The Zamoran and Opherian can come too, you fought well. First round is on me."

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2015, 02:39:31 am »

"Okay, I won't decline the kindness of strangers."
Ain't nobody got time for that.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2015, 08:38:13 am »

"I see no reason not to." Looks at the barkeep.
"I do apologize about the mess."
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2015, 09:09:37 am »

-snip-
"Have I told you that you make the best plans? Because you do. Lead the way, chief."

Follow Drest, but sneakily loot the nearest corpse before we go

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2015, 10:09:45 am »

"So be it, but know that you are missing a golden opportunity! Imagine how the legends will speak of those who discovered the library of Crom after countless eons of hiding! Are you sure you want to leave to only make friends with dirt liquor?"

If they decline, accept my defeat, and rude off in search of other brigands who will listen to my offer and accept it
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2015, 10:13:41 am »

"Liquor sounds damn good. You can keep the books."

Find a new tavern and order a round for myself and my friends.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2015, 09:52:54 am »

OUR GAME MOVED!

The current RtD system I, using sucks, and is not very fun.

So There's a new Hyboria Adventure! REDUX!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]