Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Roll to Quixote Organisation: search and rescue (waitlist open)  (Read 9976 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Quixote Organisation: Something is awry in Aiza Arce
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2015, 05:46:43 pm »

"Maybe its ah new type ah cat. I mean, heck, yah got that big rain forest which hardly been explored. Chances are, somethins gonna come from it, that we either aint seen in a long time, or aint seen at all. But, that dont mean as much to me, less its tha formah. Whats Tock Nah Hulk mean anyway? And, if its just ah jaguar that ahttacks only aht night, why not just have his guys work in tha day?"
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2015, 05:52:33 pm »

-snippety-
"But who was this immigrant? From where?"

"Who knows. Turnover rate on the plantation is pretty high, most people only last a few months. Some even quit after a week or two. My friend heard he headed south, but he's not sure.

But between you and me, I think you're ont he right track linking the beast and the plantation family together. The McSweeneys were always strange, but they've become a lot stranger since the plantation really made them rich. You know how it is with those nouveau riche, all the money goes to their heads."

"Maybe its ah new type ah cat. I mean, heck, yah got that big rain forest which hardly been explored. Chances are, somethins gonna come from it, that we either aint seen in a long time, or aint seen at all. But, that dont mean as much to me, less its tha formah. Whats Tock Nah Hulk mean anyway? And, if its just ah jaguar that ahttacks only aht night, why not just have his guys work in tha day?"
"Yeah, probably just some kind of big cat. But mister Sweeney won't let the workers leave when it's still light out. They've asked, but he says it would hurt his incomes and he'd fire anyone who tries. Says it's all just superstition and kids running away from home. Didn't stop him from hiring more security though."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2015, 06:02:39 pm »

"So all thems that disappear are kids, huh? They aint find no bodies or nothin like that?"
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2015, 06:06:46 pm »

"So all thems that disappear are kids, huh? They aint find no bodies or nothin like that?"
He finishes off his beer and wipes his mouth. "Not kids, per se. But no old people. The only people who work at the plantation are relatively young, because of the hard work you see. But that Sweeney doesn't care, I bet he doesn't even know who went missing.

As for bodies, I remember the first person  who went missing turning up pretty mangled along the road outside of town. But after that they just...vanished. Not a trace to be found."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2015, 06:29:54 pm »

Dixon takes another slow sip of his. "Now that dont seem right. If that was an animal, there woulda been more bodies found, or none at all. I mean, think about it. Animals ahtack only when they hungry or angry. If yah been in a place where ah whole buncha people been ahtackin yah because yah been eating them all, yah would take tha bodies with yah to eat. If yah were attacked by surprise when yah wernt hungrey, you woulda just escaped, or just killed yah attacker and ran off. Why carry ah heaveh bodeh with yah? Just dont sit right. Hmmm. . ." and with that he takes another sip, which turns into a long swig, as he finishes off the bottle. "That was some good beer, but it got me thinkin. What kinda mangled was tha bodie? Like, head crushed with bite marks?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2015, 06:35:45 pm »

Dixon takes another slow sip of his. "Now that dont seem right. If that was an animal, there woulda been more bodies found, or none at all. I mean, think about it. Animals ahtack only when they hungry or angry. If yah been in a place where ah whole buncha people been ahtackin yah because yah been eating them all, yah would take tha bodies with yah to eat. If yah were attacked by surprise when yah wernt hungrey, you woulda just escaped, or just killed yah attacker and ran off. Why carry ah heaveh bodeh with yah? Just dont sit right. Hmmm. . ." and with that he takes another sip, which turns into a long swig, as he finishes off the bottle. "That was some good beer, but it got me thinkin. What kinda mangled was tha bodie? Like, head crushed with bite marks?
"Well, I never saw the body myself. But I heard it was pretty bad. Huge slashes all around, chunks of flesh missing. I was even told that they never found one of the arms. But it's all hearsay, I never saw anything myself."

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2015, 07:05:37 pm »

The Finn patiently waits for his teammate to finish his conversation, and turns to the bartender.

"What drinks do you have here?"
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2015, 08:06:27 pm »

"Know where i might be able ta get more information, reliably?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2015, 02:35:59 am »

"So the McSweeneys are the next on the list of visits. Care for another drink? You two have been very helpful."

Offer to buy these fine people drinks as thanks for their time.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2015, 01:18:20 pm »

The Finn patiently waits for his teammate to finish his conversation, and turns to the bartender.

"What drinks do you have here?"
The guy just slides one of the laminated cards over to you. You notice it has some imported ale, a few local beers, soda's, coffee, thee and the likes. There's also some snacks, like chips and nuts.

"Know where i might be able ta get more information, reliably?"
"Oh, I know a dozen places where you can get more information. Just speak to any worker around here. But reliable? I'm afraid you're out of luck there friend, all of this is as much a mystery to us as it is to you. The only thing that's for sure is that people are going missing."

"So the McSweeneys are the next on the list of visits. Care for another drink? You two have been very helpful."

Offer to buy these fine people drinks as thanks for their time.
The two men accept your offer gratefully, and you buy them both another beer.

"Hey, just a tip. If you want to meet Mister McSweeny fast, you may want to try and offer him an oppertunity to make money. The man is absolutely in love with money."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2015, 01:33:51 pm »

"Many thanks... and be safe."

Where are my compatriots? Are they at the bar? Rejoin as many as possible.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2015, 02:03:49 pm »

"Many thanks... and be safe."

Where are my compatriots? Are they at the bar? Rejoin as many as possible.
Well, the finnish bloke is sitting at the bar, looking over a menu card. You remember the other two were going to the hotel to put your stuff in the rooms.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2015, 02:49:04 pm »

Ivan Dume heads over to the Finn with his most genial smile, speaking in Russian. He suspects the Finn might understand.

"Information has been gathered. The beast has a name that sounds native. Keyword: lord of the near and the night. There is a family going by the name of McSweeney. They are probably involved, and love money, so be careful," he says in a cheerful tone, patting him on the shoulder before ordering him a drink from the barkeep in French.

Relay info to the Finn, then go look for the others. Deliver information discreetly to them as well.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2015, 06:22:22 am »

Ivan Dume heads over to the Finn with his most genial smile, speaking in Russian. He suspects the Finn might understand.

"Information has been gathered. The beast has a name that sounds native. Keyword: lord of the near and the night. There is a family going by the name of McSweeney. They are probably involved, and love money, so be careful," he says in a cheerful tone, patting him on the shoulder before ordering him a drink from the barkeep in French.

Relay info to the Finn, then go look for the others. Deliver information discreetly to them as well.
You whisper cryptic sounding russian words in the ear of the Finn before quickly exiting the bar. You head to the hotel to find your companions, but only find one of them talking to the guy at the reception desk. You discreetly whisper the same information to him as well, quietly enough that the reception guy can't overhear you. It's getting rather late, dusk is setting in.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2015, 09:05:43 am »

"Well, I do thank ya for ya time. Apparently I gotta go of on some errands. Keep safe, sir."

Follow Ivan, after gathering my blowdart, handgun, and various ammos to take with me.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7