Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Roll to Quixote Organisation: search and rescue (waitlist open)  (Read 9980 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Quixote Organisation: Something is awry in Aiza Arce
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2015, 09:45:09 am »

((sorry about the delay. Saturday was unexpectedly busy for me. ))

"Well, now that we're all acquainted, it's time to send you on your first assignment. As I've stated before, people are going missing in South America. That's nothing new, of course. Drug cartels, revolutionary organisations and all kinds of nasty people run amok over there. And let's not forget the local fauna and flora, either. But we've seen a sharp increase in missing person cases in certain areas. These increases happened at the same time as our operatives picked up a rumour of a certain 'great cat like monster' terrrorizing the local folks.

Suffice to say, something is awry. I'm assigning you to a small town of Aiza Arce, near a large banana plantation. The population there has been hit especially hard, at least 15 people in the last month alone. I don't expect any heroics. Just go in, find out what the hell is going on and report back to me. If it turns out it's nothing supernatural we'll contact the local authorities, and if it is supernatural then we'll just send in our boys in blue."

James exits the room, leaving just the four of you.
He puts his dossiers back into the envelope and stands up

"Well, you know what to do. I've issued you all a standard travel kit, with basic neccesseties and a handgun each. You can go pick it up at the armoury. I've alotted each of you a piece of equipment of your own choosing as well. Just ask gunny if he's got what you want. Once you're ready, get to the carpark and you can start your little vacation."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2015, 12:21:08 pm »

"That seems fine to me. . . . . But, I must admit, no matter how much trainin' you guys put me though, I don't feel all that confident with a gun, Sir. Heck, I am sure if I am seen with one, I'll Be halled off ta prison, without a second glance, if not killed on tha spot for threatnin an officer. Know if there is anything less. . .  ya know. . . bad for me?
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2015, 12:22:57 pm »

Ivan Dume nods solemnly. The mission was clear.

Check out what these necessities are. Is a combat knife included?

Get a shovel as my special thingamajig.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 01:41:43 pm by Harry Baldman »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2015, 12:41:07 pm »

Manu nods, and heads to the armory. He picks up his kit, and turns to the armorer, speaking in a Finnish accent.

"Do you have any Mosins back there? Preferably a M/28-30?"
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 02:58:10 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

drone1230

• Bay Watcher
  • Feel the might of my epi-pen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2015, 01:01:00 pm »

"Oh, well this is great. Cat like monster? We have to deal with the local wildlife? I don't want to complain, but I was expecting something more... Interesting."

Look through the kit. If one isn't already included, I'll take a translation guide to the language spoken in Aiza Arce.
Just when you think you're good to go, you run into an undead camel that is a master of kung fu

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2015, 01:53:45 pm »

Seeing as James has left the room already, the lot of you head off downstairs to the armoury. You walk past the cafeteria, in which an old woman is drinking some soup with a pack of tarot cards laid out on the table before her, and down the stairs coming to the Subterranean portion of the base. You walk trough quite along concrete hall, passing the rec room door, a door marked supplies, and a door marked 'NO ENTRY'. Finally you come to the door marked armoury and enter. You see a man sitting behind a heavy metal grating, with a small hole in it the leads to a sort of counter. The man is rather rough looking, sitting with his feet on the counter and reading a book, cigar hanging from the corner of his mouth. His nametag simply reads 'gunny'.

"That seems fine to me. . . . . But, I must admit, no matter how much trainin' you guys put me though, I don't feel all that confident with a gun, Sir. Heck, I am sure if I am seen with one, I'll Be halled off ta prison, without a second glance, if not killed on tha spot for threatnin an officer. Know if there is anything less. . .  ya know. . . bad for me?
Gunny lowers his book and gives you a grin.
"Look, son. You might not want to carry a piece. I can understand that. But trust me, you'll be glad you have one with you when shit hits the fan. We don't deal with no bankrobbers or rogue soldiers, you see. We deal with the real nasties.

And anyway, your compact 1911 is hidden beneath the false bottom of your suitcase. Along with a knife, flint and tinder, and a small first aid kit. You don't have to take it out if you don't want to."

Ivan Dume nods solemnly. The mission was clear.

Check out what these necessities are. Is a combat knife included?

Get a shovel as my special thingamajig.

You lift up the false bottom of your suitcase and check the necesseties. There's your compact 1911 with an extra magazine, a military issue knife and a small first aid kit. The suitcase itself is filled with clothes and your standard hygiene products. you got the green toothbrush.

You ask gunny for a shovel.

"Hmm? Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've got one of them soviet shovels around here somewhere. be back in a second."

He stands up and heads toward a big metal bulkhead at the other side of the room. The bulkhead opens up, silently and slowly, just enough for gunny to slip through. He comes back a short while later, carrying a soviet entrenching tool which he hands to you.

Manu nods, and heads to the armory. He picks up his kit, and turns to the armorer, speaking in a Finnish accent.

"Do you have any Mosins back there? Preferably a M/28-30?"

"A mosin eh? Lemme see what I can do for you."

He heads back into the back room, and comes out carrying a guitar case.

"Right, I found what you wanted. I stuffed it in this here case and threw in about 20 rounds. Can't let you just carry it out in the open, seeing as this is a low-key investigation and all. Try not to wave it around too much, eh?"

"Oh, well this is great. Cat like monster? We have to deal with the local wildlife? I don't want to complain, but I was expecting something more... Interesting."

Look through the kit. If one isn't already included, I'll take a translation guide to the language spoken in Aiza Arce.

You ask gunny for a translation guide. He goes to a large box filled with books and rummages around for a bit. He hands you ca somewhat battered copy of 'Basic Spanish for tourists'.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2015, 02:39:26 pm »

Ready to deploy. Put the knife and E-tool in a convenient spot for further use.

Is the E-tool kind of like an MPL-50, or is it different in construction or shape?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2015, 04:07:06 pm »

"There is a thing I used ta play with back when i was a boy. My Granpappy took me ta go hunting rabbits and frongs with a . . . Bow gun. Tha tube thing ya put a long metal needle into and ya blow real hard on it, after ya took a careful aim. Blowgun. Thats what its called. Can I get onna those? If you have them. Might come in handy, now that I think of it. If not, I'm fine with what I got. I'll make due."
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2015, 07:50:18 pm »

"Thank you."

Get ready to deploy.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

drone1230

• Bay Watcher
  • Feel the might of my epi-pen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2015, 08:27:14 am »

Begin pouring over the book.
Just when you think you're good to go, you run into an undead camel that is a master of kung fu

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2015, 03:22:57 pm »

Ready to deploy. Put the knife and E-tool in a convenient spot for further use.

Is the E-tool kind of like an MPL-50, or is it different in construction or shape?

You wander down to the waiting area, putting the knife in an easy to reach spot on your belt and fixing the sheath of the E-tool on the straps of your suitcase, so that it sits snugly on the outside of the suitcase in easy reach. And that's exactly what the E-tool looks like. Like the post-war version picture.

"There is a thing I used ta play with back when i was a boy. My Granpappy took me ta go hunting rabbits and frongs with a . . . Bow gun. Tha tube thing ya put a long metal needle into and ya blow real hard on it, after ya took a careful aim. Blowgun. Thats what its called. Can I get onna those? If you have them. Might come in handy, now that I think of it. If not, I'm fine with what I got. I'll make due."
"What, a blowgun? I think I might have one of those sitting around."

He ventures back in whatever the room at the back is and grabs you a wooden blowgun. It's made from a dark wood and about 60cm long. He also hands you a small pouch containing roughly 12 metal tipped darts.

"Thank you."

Get ready to deploy.

You join the mercenary in the waiting area.

Begin pouring over the book.
You absent-mindedly follow the other two people over to the waiting area while focusing on the book. [5+1] You learn quite a lot in that short time, actually. Mostly it's just the lessons from that one class you took way back in high school coming back to you. You're pretty confident that you'd be able to hold simple conversations in Spanish without even having to consult the book.

((We'll deploy tomorrow, to give Zomara some time to ask for something else in case I interpreted his request wrong))

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2015, 11:45:24 pm »

"Yes. Thank you very much. I will see you when we get back."
Follow the others.

will edit for the mode of speach latter.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2015, 03:04:04 pm »

As the last member of team wanders into the waiting the waiting area, James comes from the opposite end of the hallway. He leads you to the bus waiting outside.

"All right lads, all set to go? I hope you like boats."

--Roughly one week later--

After almost half a day sitting in the back of a truck, slightly suffering from the not insignificant heat, you arrive in Aiza Arce. The driver, Manny, helps you get your suitcases from the truck and points you to a nearby building.

"There is hotel. The organisation already has rooms for you and I put radio equipment in your closet. Contact me when you find something you need to tell James, or you need pickup. Welcome to Aiza Arce, enjoy your stay."

He gets back into his truck

"Hasta Luego!"

And he's off.

You are currently in the center of Aiza Arce. This is the area where you can find shops, public transportation, public buildings, and other services. To the north lies the residential area. To the south lies the banan plantation, where a lot of the townsfolk work, and beyond that the harbour. To the east there is a walled compound with guards. In the middle of the compound there is large house, which belongs to the plantation owner and his family.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2015, 08:57:02 pm »

"I'll go see if I can find us some good fresh foods ta eat tahnight."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2015, 01:08:01 am »

"I'll go see if I can find us some good fresh foods ta eat tahnight."

"You do that," Ivan Dume says curtly as he starts to walk off. "I will check for rumors."

Find a place that people get drunk at. Check out rumors.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7