Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Anyone looking to start up a new Bloodline game?  (Read 6396 times)

xSkeletalx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Anyone looking to start up a new Bloodline game?
« on: January 26, 2015, 10:59:50 pm »

Hello Bay 12 Forums!

I'm a fairly new DF player, I played for the first time back in 2012 and have recently started sinking my teeth back into the game. I've read a few different Bloodline stories, (Boatmurdered, Headshoots, Gemclod, and Syrupleaf to be exact) and I would love to be part of one!

I'm hoping to find a group who are willing to start up a new Bloodline game - I don't feel confident enough to start the thing myself, as the overall usefulness of the site and initial setup are a bit more pressure than I'm prepared to take on just now! I would love to be Dwarfed and to take my own Overseer turn a few steps down the line, where I can be a bit more certain that I won't wipe the fort immediately!

Please let me know if you're putting anything like this together, as I'd love to join up!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Anyone looking to start up a new Bloodline game?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 12:10:32 am »

slingblock is dead and i think battlefailed is also fairly dead so yeah I'm game.

I'm lazy when it comes to keeping OPs updated though.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 05:16:24 am »

If any other players want to play I don't mind starting one. Just try not to expect waxing lyrical and deep stories.
I do stuff, I guess

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 03:40:42 pm »

I'd like to play! I don't have any idea for interesting "challenges" or anything, though. But then again, just embarking somewhere and seeing what happens might be interesting enough. :)
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 04:24:24 pm »

Count me in.
but beware! Any succesion game I join is seemingly cursed to die off
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 07:25:23 pm »

Challenge: Each overseer must also be dorfed.  If any dorfed Player is killed for any reason, they may only remain in the turn list if that named dorf has any surviving children, (of which, one is chosen to "bear the spirit" of the Player instead).  Dwarven families now suddenly have more use, since they are the only thing keeping you from being wiped out of the game entirely.

The first dorf family to claim the title of King wins the game...
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 09:13:23 pm »

Seems like a good challenge. Are you sure nobody would just organize an 'accident' for any rival families?

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 10:33:34 pm »

isn't that half the fun?
also many accidents might be required before any dorfed families become king (assuming you can get the king to come to your fortress in the first place)
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 08:13:53 am »

What happens if an overseer's dorf marries another overseer's dorf? Also, if anyone else isn't starting it, I'm willing to start one once my computer decides to stop dying.
I do stuff, I guess

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 08:58:45 am »

If one overseer's dorf marries another, both of those overseers can then use the resulting children as "do-overs".  It's called a "political marriage" for a reason.  Rival claimants to the throne often were first or second cousins in RL.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 09:57:10 am »

Well, if people are interested in a game, I was planning on starting one when the next update comes out, though the turn order would be non-standard (there's a rough outline of the plan in the Demongate thread). Your dwarf will also have to be alive to take a turn, though.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 03:11:36 pm »

Alternatively, we could try a challenge of anti-annihilation! :P Survive as long as possible in an evil biome.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 08:22:02 am »

Well, if people are interested in a game, I was planning on starting one when the next update comes out, though the turn order would be non-standard (there's a rough outline of the plan in the Demongate thread). Your dwarf will also have to be alive to take a turn, though.
From what I hear, the next version of DF will take quite a bit.
I do stuff, I guess

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2015, 03:53:51 pm »

There's also the idea of setting up a bloodline game with multiple embarks, serially retired.  Each Player plays a single season before passing it along to the next Player who then unretires their site.  In between, we might have emigrations of dorfs from one site to another and world-gen events like attacks from armies, but legends mode should say whether a dorfed Player and their children are still alive.  If not, that Player just gets removed ftom the list, or has to start over with a new dorf and a new clan...

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2015, 01:38:30 pm »

There's also the idea of setting up a bloodline game with multiple embarks, serially retired.  Each Player plays a single season before passing it along to the next Player who then unretires their site.  In between, we might have emigrations of dorfs from one site to another and world-gen events like attacks from armies, but legends mode should say whether a dorfed Player and their children are still alive.  If not, that Player just gets removed ftom the list, or has to start over with a new dorf and a new clan...
I like that. Can we also do an adventure mode game if we complete our fortress run before the time-limit? Also, how should we play it, as long as possible before an irl week's up or one in-game year, then pass it on?
Pages: [1] 2 3