Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unzip Masterwork File  (Read 1041 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Unzip Masterwork File
« on: January 27, 2015, 09:39:27 am »

Could somebody upload an unzipped Masterwork file?  I think that the standard compressing that comes with Windows should be fine.

I'm not looking for troubleshooting.  I cannot unzip things, and there is no getting around it.  I'm sure.  It's not a lack of ability.  I'm just looking for the file, please.

Thanks.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Unzip Masterwork File
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 11:50:17 am »

The same thread that has the download for masterwork has also a link to 7zip, which it is packed with. Just below the download link. Either use that or winrar.

Its much less work than expecting someone else to upload 12.000+ files for you.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 01:18:58 pm »

Really?  That many files?

I'm sorry.  I didn't mean for somebody to work super hard.  It's just that I cannot unzip things at all, and I thought it would be easy.  Sorry.
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 01:23:40 pm »

Its because its not packed with Winzip. Just download and install the free 7zip or winrar (or any other good compression software), instead of trying to use the default windows program, which sucks.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 05:29:49 pm »

I cannot install anything.
Sigtext!

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 05:39:50 pm »

Locked down work or lab computer? Do you have access to another computer that is not locked down? Use the non-locked-down computer to install on a thumb drive, then play from the thumb drive.

jcd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 05:04:58 am »

or install a portable unzipper like 7zip in a thumb drive and run + unzip from there.
or search for an online unzipper (could be slow)

PS. iirc windows XP and later can unzip files in the .zip format, so if MWDF was in this format you'd be able to open it.