Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: gm-editor  (Read 7495 times)

mineforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: gm-editor
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2015, 10:28:51 pm »

local children=0

I figure it may be something to do with text editor weirdness.

Oh, I copied the text to a file on my phone and moved it to my computer because I don't have a Ethernet cable.

Can you upload the lua to github?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 10:40:22 pm by mineforce »
Who's born in the fortress, die in the fortress

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2015, 06:06:59 am »

Anything that isn't in the reaction raws isn't properly a reaction.

Also, what do you mean by CLOTH-type improvement

The type of improvement that silk/yarn/fiber clothes get when the tailor is done with them. It's the bit responsible for the slightly-redundant-by-default "It is made from pig tail fiber cloth." -bit in the item description.

The improvement token for it is CLOTH, alongside the ones like COVERED and DECORATED. You can see it with the editor, just target a garment and skip down to the improvements vector.

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2015, 07:10:05 pm »

I just started playing around with gm-editor. It seems really complicated, and there isn't a lot of documentation available for it. I'll try starting off with something that sounds easy enough. How would I go about changing my adventurer's description, including hair color and length?
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2015, 07:55:34 pm »

That is easily one of the most complicated and prone to crashing things there is to do with gm-editor.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2015, 10:29:14 pm »

Yeah, good lord it is hard as hell to figure out because none of the values are labeled or easily tweaked.

Basically if you go into appearance and I think the tissue_style and tissue_length entries you find a list which is like:

Code: [Select]
0     65
1     65
2     111
3     10
115    2
116    2
117    2
118    7

So now you need to guess which changes which part AND what happens when you change them!

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2015, 02:10:44 pm »

I tried copying the tissue length and style data from an NPC (same gender, same race and civ, different hair), but my character's description hasn't changed at all. I changed tissue_style, tissue_style_id, tissue_style_type, and tissue_length. Haven't had any issues with crashing so far.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2015, 01:04:01 pm »

Oh! Change your race to something else, 465 is dorfs, 466 humans, 467 elves, 468 goblins, 469 kobolds in the default game at least.  Then when you unpause or move you will revert (remember to pick up your gear! put it in your backpack before you change your race) and your tissue styles/lengths will be scrambled a bit and should then be editable directly.

Also I put together this when trying to update a dorf girl from a world before I knew you could add beards back, the newly generated ones have beards but the originals don't, after changing her race briefly she reverted and had facial hair but it wasn't what I wanted for her so I checked multiple npcs and put this together:
Code: [Select]
tissue_style    tissue_style_id         tissue_style_type       tissue_length
1               2                       39                      150    (sideburn)
1               2                       39                      150    (sideburn)
2               0                       37                      156    (moustache)
2               1                       38                      246    (beard)
-1              -1                      -1                      -300000
2               3                       36                      137    (hair)
2               3                       36                      137    (hair)

From checking others I see you can ignore style id/type because they are all the same for a given civ/race.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 01:05:52 pm by Max™ »
Pages: 1 2 [3]