Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: ☼Hivemind Wasps☼ Beta Is Out!  (Read 23177 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Hivemind Wasps☼ Beta Is Out!
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2015, 05:42:43 am »

Yes, a brief look shows that the files in your mod plainly overwrite reaction_masterwork.txt and reaction_masterwork2.txt with versions that contain no hermit reactions.  (The word "hermit" appears 403 times in my install of V6.2 reaction_masterwork.txt, and 0 times in the one you distribute.)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2015, 05:53:23 am »

Well, there's something to do.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2015, 09:48:31 am »

Whoops... I'll fix it today. That's a nice opportunity to also include some more fixes too.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2015, 02:31:16 pm »

Heydude, how viable is this? Is it possible to mod in?
Spoiler: this (click to show/hide)

yes, that is possible to mod in, although I personally don't like that idea since it removes a large part of the challenge from the race.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2015, 02:49:10 pm »

we need a balance between challenge and viablility though. I'm going to make it your call on this one.
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2015, 02:51:24 pm »

I believe the race already has all it needs. It has unique pets, fluff, features, workshops, distinct differences from the other races... All we need is tiles, to fix the last remaining bugs and to balance the existing features as best as we can.

Speaking of which... heydude, how would I go fixing that reproduction bug again? Once I get it to work, I can upload the new edition

Also, you suggested removing the sterility interaction from the creature file. That means, however, that there will be cases where the Queen gets married and has kids with a drone, right? (thankfully, we will be able to fix that in the new edition with the orientation tags)

As for your suggestion, insane... maybe it would be a bit overpowered. Soldiers are quite badass. They are significantly larger than humans, they have natural armor, they can heal ligaments and tendons, they have plenty of natural weapons and that's before we count the many, many ways the player can upgrade them for even more armor, natural weapons and stats. Currently, their balancing factor is their rarity. In order to build a soldier only force, meticulous planning and care are required, otherwise the player must make do with bow wielding workers and war animals. If we allow a player to mass produce them and especially since you can have a Queen by day 1 if you want to, then after a couple of sieges and some sparring sessions the Hive would be unbeatable.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 02:59:04 pm by than402 »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2015, 03:02:43 pm »

So pretty much they'd be vanilla dwarves after steel is found?

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2015, 03:13:45 pm »

So pretty much they'd be vanilla dwarves after steel is found?

If vanilla dwarves were twice as big with iron hard carapaces, poison, an extra pair of arms, better recuperation, a sting and room for further improvement.

I don't know, the reproduction system is heydude's turf anyway. Let's let him decide. I'm just pointing out potential issues based on what experience I have.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 03:16:14 pm by than402 »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2015, 03:22:51 pm »

BTw, Than, what do you mean about fix the reproduction system?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2015, 03:36:28 pm »

do you remember the bug where the maggot bit someone and nothing happened? that part.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2015, 04:12:20 am »

What scripts are we still waiting on?

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2015, 06:18:12 am »

spawnunit, itemsyndrome and makeown. I'm not sure if transformation is up to date. I think it is, but if it isn't we have a problem, we literally use it everywhere.

oh, and before I forget it again, I uploaded the update. without the overwritten reaction files.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 06:42:44 am by than402 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2015, 03:11:10 am »

Makeown and itemsyndrome should work. Spawnunit is still missing. Havent tested true-transform yet.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Zeni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2015, 03:40:07 am »

Hey guys, loving the wasps by the way, as a budding entomologist this is awesome!

But down to business....
Lots of slaves, and I love the idea of infection pits. So I have little 1x1 rooms that are accessible from above, and i pasture an unfertilized larva inside. Then I grab one of my (Tame) Slaves and throw her down from above, but the two do not interact. Could it be to do with the slaves being "domesticated" as apposed to hostile captives?

Any ideas or help would be appreciated!
Zeni

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2015, 07:08:08 am »

Hey guys, loving the wasps by the way, as a budding entomologist this is awesome!

But down to business....
Lots of slaves, and I love the idea of infection pits. So I have little 1x1 rooms that are accessible from above, and i pasture an unfertilized larva inside. Then I grab one of my (Tame) Slaves and throw her down from above, but the two do not interact. Could it be to do with the slaves being "domesticated" as apposed to hostile captives?

Any ideas or help would be appreciated!
Zeni

they don't fight because the game considers them to be parts of the same faction (the player's hive)

"tame" ones don't need to be thrown to pits. just pasture them in an Infectory along with a larva and run the appropriate reaction (depending on the type of larva). The pits are used to infect invaders and wildlife.

I hope that helped you
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7