Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: ☼Hivemind Wasps☼ Beta Is Out!  (Read 23176 times)

Zeni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Hivemind Wasps☼ Beta Is Out!
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2015, 07:41:35 am »

Thanks, I will do that!

Thank you for your help!

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2015, 12:50:00 pm »

How do I play as the wasps? I'm using 6.2, and it doesn't show up under civilizations at all. Tried moving wasp folder to the data folder, and then tried moving raw/hack into data folder...overwrote and it still doesn't show up under playable civs. Is there something else I have to do?
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2015, 01:06:01 pm »

You have to download the plugin from this thread and install it manually. It wont show up in the GUI, but ingame you should be able to select and play them. Best idea is to disable all the other races in the GUI, so you can only embark as wasps.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Zeni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2015, 09:20:34 pm »

One other question, what labor allows the use of the Deep Shrine? I cant see to get meat and or leather packs to get made, regardless of the labors I have assigned. This is using df therapist.

Thanks for the help

Zeni

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2015, 02:57:35 am »

it should be the "priest of the depths". it takes the place of the animal caretaker.

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2015, 10:36:50 am »

There's a weird instance going on. I don't know if it's considered a bug or a glitch, and the raws and everything are exactly how they were downloaded so that's good. But I usually play as the Succubi, Warlocks, and Wasps. Each have their own world where i rename the folders for easy distinguishing  between the three. But my problem is thus: Each time i lose a Warlock or Succubus fort (either from powerful raids or !FUN!) and I go to embark to another location, the playable Race is changed to HiveMind Wasps and cannot be changed back on the location choosing screen like the other races. This also happens when either Succubus or Warlocks are the only allowed races via the Masterwork Settings GUI. I've replicated it, just to see if it was a one time occurrence, by creating a fort location then playing it for about 3 in-game days and then Abandoning it. Each time, the playable race is changed to Wasps and will not change back. Don't get me wrong, i love the Wasps for their unique gameplay. I just hate to create a new world every time a Fortress collapses with any other race.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2015, 11:24:35 am »

Thank you for reporting this bug. That's the weirdest bug we've encountered since we started the mod, that's for sure (and we had to deal with spontaneously combusting wagons and the whole hive turning on itself out of the blue and for no apparent reason, among other things) ... I've never seen something like that before. Still, I' do my best to fix it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 11:27:51 am by than402 »

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2015, 12:17:26 pm »

Combusting wagons actually sounds like a blast to deal with! Would gladly have that instead of remaking whole worlds due to Race-changing. OH and another thing, when I turn off all races using the MDF GUI to play HiveMind Wasps, the Wasp pets do not show up on the Embark window when you choose your items and pets. Hope this helps as well.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2015, 12:38:47 pm »

Combusting wagons actually sounds like a blast to deal with! Would gladly have that instead of remaking whole worlds due to Race-changing. OH and another thing, when I turn off all races using the MDF GUI to play HiveMind Wasps, the Wasp pets do not show up on the Embark window when you choose your items and pets. Hope this helps as well.

it was pretty funny, but when it came down to fixing it, it took me most of the afternoon

I suspect something in the GUI is causing these bugs, but I'm not sure. I'll check the raws anyway, you never know.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2015, 01:11:47 pm »

Hive turning on itself = Loyality cascade, probably caused by using syndromes with CRAZED somewhere.

Combustin wagon = Civ has access to a type of wood that evaporates on room temperature, and/or any other material that evaporates on room temperature.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2015, 01:33:47 pm »

Hive turning on itself = Loyality cascade, probably caused by using syndromes with CRAZED somewhere.

yup. that's why we removed, like, all the CRAZED tags and most OPPOSED_TO_LIFE

Combustin wagon = Civ has access to a type of wood that evaporates on room temperature, and/or any other material that evaporates on room temperature.

from what I remember, due to a dumb oversight, the civ had no access to any type of wood at all. I don't know why it took me more than 10 minutes to figure that out...

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2015, 09:43:22 am »

I know its a bit late, been putting off Wasps just for the inconvenience of constantly creating worlds. But here is a pick to show the lack of the animal options. http://i.imgur.com/5eUp2ru.jpg This is just the basic "prepare your journey" option selected. But I hope this helps.

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2015, 12:04:19 pm »

Okay, so far into the new Wasp fort. Summer has just begun, and my starting area is walled off with the standard "box" and a raising drawbridge with all my basic stockpiles inside. Pretty basic stuff we dont ever think about. I have one Worker out and about the nearby area collecting rare silk webs for my Loom, usually the first thing i build if i notice the webs nearby my base. Since my cpu is about 6yrs old and can't handle larger embarks, I am playing on a 5x5 Embark with a small stream on the upper half. Then I had an idea, "These are Humanoid Wasps, DUH! Since I have yet to see this done, I am going to take inspiration from Ground Digger Wasps." Yes I know that "TECHNICALLY" any the Wasps can live indefinitely underground, but that's not the point. My point was to create a functioning, and aesthetically pleasing, Hive. honeycombed shaped and everything. So far I only have the top layer designated, but I'm going to go slow on this to make sure it gets done right. Take a look:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pretty basic honeycombing there. I'll try to post more when i have time to work on it.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2015, 04:55:45 am »

it looks nice and it fits their fluff perfectly, Brutaka. nice job. Also thanks for the pic for the bug. I have no idea what to make of this bug, but I'll do my best anyway.

I'll return to the wasps to fix the animal options bug and then to update them in a few weeks, for now I must focus on my exams.

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2015, 03:07:16 pm »

No rush on it. And I hope that you do really well and bomb those exams!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7