Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: ☼Hivemind Wasps☼ Beta Is Out!  (Read 23134 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Hivemind Wasps☼ Beta Is Out!
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 05:20:54 pm »

Hey guys, out of curiosity have seen the post in the old thread about my current sprite progress?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 05:26:17 pm »

yeah. keep it up, sprites is all we need to call it an alpha. Also, http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148442.0

here is the first waspen fort. Insane took a turn but he cannot finish it, so I will update (start, basically) the fort tomorrow. After I finish my year, will you take a turn too?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2015, 06:10:48 pm »

Where can I get a copy of the save?

EDIT: About the succession fort, I unfortunately am going to have to say that I can't do it. My computer is acting strange and I have a feeling that it is going to die anyday now. Last thing I want to happen is for my computer to crash while I'm running the fort. Maybe when I get a new computer I might be able to help, but for now it's too risky.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 08:10:40 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2015, 12:54:09 am »

The webpage is up. as stated before, the password for the thimble acc is he sameas the one for MDFHIVEWASPS on the forum, username's the same as well
Webpage

Oh wow, we can use a href="" on the forums, this makes life so much easier, what about other html?

I'ma need someone to fill out the links in the HTML code. I've even added a comment for instructions
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 12:57:27 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2015, 01:21:09 am »

Than, I need different files uploaded onto DFFD in different files

34.11 Beta raws (done)

34.11 Beta raws unpacked into vanilla

34.11 Beta raws unpacked into masterwork

40.24 Alpha raws

40.24 Alpha raws unpacked into vanilla

40.24 raws unpacked into masterwork reborn.
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2015, 02:00:50 am »

If we are to make a vanilla compartible version too, we first need to rebalance everything otherwise wasps will be grossly overpowered. And of course give credits for all parts of masterwork we end up using.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:08:36 am by than402 »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2015, 03:19:38 am »

I have three pages up on thimble. One for general info and bug reporting, one for the manual to go into and one for a wasp wiki(a?)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2015, 08:21:35 pm »

How would I go about stopping migrantwaves (except the first two which are hardcoded) in a wasp fort? I an going to try and make a wasp community fort where 7 + first 2 migrant waves make a massive hive.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2015, 04:54:22 am »

By tweaking the init file in the data

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2015, 02:48:30 pm »

where abouts in the init?

d_init or init

Which line am I lookng for?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2015, 08:23:28 am »

Pop limit. Can also be done in the GUI, first page.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2015, 01:14:03 am »

cheers

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2015, 02:30:28 am »

Than, how are the larvae pits meant to work. I have this set up

I can pit the big wild animal/invader and the larvae, the unsuccessful larvae bite the animal/invader, and the creature turns into a creature infested. The larvae sometimes disappears and sometimes stays. The creature infested turns back into a creature when I'm not looking at it. When it's infested i lower the bridge and it runs into the cage traps, and i build their cage in the alcoves

It was a death pit for a while. I tried dozens of animals until i got a pair of centaurs

EDIT: I re-read the manual and the host has a chance of resisting the transformation. All the hosts I've tried always resist it though
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 02:34:33 am by Insanegame27 »

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2015, 05:59:46 am »

my pits were like that:

one small room (2x1) with a pit directly above.

the room is connected to the main hive through a drawbrige which is closed when the infesting takes place (for obvious reasons)

first throw one larva into the pit (this is important, multiple larvae will kill the host and die themselves)

then the host and wait for the larva to attack

if the larva wins, wait for the host to transform. then and only then you can lower the bridge

if the larva loses, throw another one

here's how it looks like

pit:

----------
----x-----
----------

(the x is the pit, while the - means floor)

directly below:

||||||||||
||||--b---
||||||||||

(the | means wall, the b means raised drawbridge)

I hope this was helpful. I'll try posting an actual screenshot later.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2015, 03:43:07 pm »

That is exacty what I've been doing, but the creature always shakes the infestion off
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7