Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stonesense help requested  (Read 1675 times)

steelwing

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Stonesense help requested
« on: January 28, 2015, 02:25:07 pm »

So, I posted this in two other places, and the only reply I got was to re-post here.  So hopefully someone who pays attention to this board has an answer.  ???
Hi!  8) I've been away from DF for a while and wanted to get back in.  I grabbed the Lazy Newb Pack for Linux (I'm on OpenSUSE) mostly for StoneSense and the tilesets.  However, StoneSense appears to not be able to run.  It's not in DFHack's command list.  If I run "load stonesense" from the DFHack console, I don't get any errors, but the available commands don't change.  "ls stonesense" returns nothing also.  I've found other resources suggesting that it's a problem with the allegro libraries that the LNP ships with, but since I haven't seen any errors in the DFHack console, I'm not sure that's what's happening.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense help requested
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 03:13:08 pm »

If hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.so exists, it's probably a library problem (a message like "Failed to load plugin hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.so" should be visible if you scroll up in the DFHack console). If you search for "stonesense" in stderr.log, the lines immediately before should refer to any missing or problematic libraries.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

steelwing

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense help requested
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 10:31:11 pm »

If hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.so exists, it's probably a library problem (a message like "Failed to load plugin hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.so" should be visible if you scroll up in the DFHack console). If you search for "stonesense" in stderr.log, the lines immediately before should refer to any missing or problematic libraries.
Just found this in stderr:
Code: [Select]
libjpeg.so.62: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Can't load plugin /home/jprater/dwarffortress/04023r2-x64/df_linux/hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.so
Checked my packages, and apparently I didn't have libjpeg 32-bit.  Installed that and stonesense works fine!  Thank you for the help! :)