Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37

Author Topic: Kisat Dur: the Dwarven Martial Art  (Read 223274 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Kisat Dur: the Dwarven Martial Art
« Reply #300 on: March 17, 2016, 04:55:18 am »

I'm not sure how does the jump work. :(
I tried to jump into somebody at full speed while sprinting but they always moved out. How do you do the jump attack than?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 17, 2016, 05:03:48 am »

Make em nauseous, or winded, anything that slows them down.  Or you can make em prone, that's even better.  Stunning MIGHT work.  It's amazing when you actually do land a jump attack, you can knock elephants a few tiles away.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 17, 2016, 05:28:41 am »

Is there a good way of fighting many numbers at once, like bandit camps? (My best character got killed by dwarven bandits :'()
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 17, 2016, 05:34:02 am »

I tried to jump into somebody at full speed while sprinting but they always moved out. How do you do the jump attack than?
Grab them by the weapon, shield or any article of clothing then jump. You can also do it by starting a grab for the body and hitting j before it connects.
Is there a good way of fighting many numbers at once, like bandit camps? (My best character got killed by dwarven bandits :'()
Retreat so there's some space in between the closest guy and the next guy, when there's enough space that it's not two on one try to do some damage with a quick technique like a disarm or joint break. If there's not enough space then make sure you have good agility and run away slightly faster than they can follow, as they slow down you slow down too so you're only ever just a little faster. As they start to get winded keep slowing down until they're collapsing.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 17, 2016, 05:35:37 am »

Grab them by the weapon, shield or any article of clothing then jump. You can also do it by starting a grab for the body and hitting j before it connects.
Retreat so there's some space in between the closest guy and the next guy, when there's enough space that it's not two on one try to do some damage with a quick technique like a disarm or joint break. If there's not enough space then make sure you have good agility and run away slightly faster than they can follow, as they slow down you slow down too so you're only ever just a little faster. As they start to get winded keep slowing down until they're collapsing.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 21, 2016, 04:41:54 pm »

Huehuehue, no love for my insane observations. o3o
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 21, 2016, 04:53:16 pm »

Huehuehue, no love for my insane observations. o3o

The Iron Heart is somewhat covered in Ikorottan (Warrior Mind)'s 4 points of weakness.

The Swift Arm is throwing a weapon/ammo.

The Rightteous Hawk is covered in Ikorottan (Warrior Mind)'s 4 points of weakness.

The Last Sword is weapon based.

Not clear about The Blunt Spear.

But yeah, if equipment usage was okay, I'd have added the xploity Zágod Rifot (Grip Block).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 04:56:05 pm by peasant cretin »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 21, 2016, 05:18:44 pm »

True. That's why I picked human-flavored names for those, since it fits in more of a medieval swordsmanship approach to martial arts rather than unarmed. :V
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 21, 2016, 05:21:13 pm »

True. That's why I picked human-flavored names for those, since it fits in more of a medieval swordsmanship approach to martial arts rather than unarmed. :V

I think you should make a thread about a human based martial art, weapon or open hand with those techniques.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 05:27:04 pm by peasant cretin »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 21, 2016, 05:32:47 pm »

Madness. Those ideas go quitye well with combat in general honestly. Not quite worth a new thread. >w>
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 21, 2016, 05:40:14 pm »

Madness. Those ideas go quitye well with combat in general honestly. Not quite worth a new thread. >w>

This is true. With the right flavor you could do a human weapon thread like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-sword or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringen. It's all known stuff, just not compiled by anyone for Adventure Mode.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #311 on: March 24, 2016, 07:32:04 pm »

if it works for dwarves it probabbly works for humans.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #312 on: March 30, 2016, 02:15:15 pm »

Asol Nog (Seize Foot)

While it is well-known that a skilled practitioner may use their hands and arms as weapons to grasp an enemy, an opportunist in a pinch may have noticed that, when one is lying prone on the ground, the legs become an available grasping weapon as well.  What fewer realize is that a fighter's legs, being twice the size of their arms, offer a more effective surface for firmly grasping a strong enemy.  The largest limbs in a humanoid's body are their upper legs, and this size difference may offer just the edge one needs to lock, strangle, or throw a larger opponent.  It is also possible to retain such a grasp after standing up again.  This technique is most effectively used when already prone, but it is not impossible to find use for it in other circumstances.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 30, 2016, 03:13:40 pm »

So basically straddle the enemy to death. :V
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 31, 2016, 12:38:16 am »

Asol Nog's got a nice BJJ quality. It's pretty much you playing open guard. In the past I've had dwarves drop to the ground at the onset as if they were pulling guard and working for the leglock. It's pretty fun.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37