Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37

Author Topic: Kisat Dur: the Dwarven Martial Art  (Read 222910 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Kisat Dur: the Dwarven Martial Art
« Reply #450 on: February 18, 2017, 09:38:06 pm »

Elves are delicious, actually. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 18, 2017, 09:47:41 pm »

Maybe fresh but it's vanilla so the only elf meat I can eat is the old corpses found in lairs.

(Actually I just installed Adventurecraft to try it out. Hey, the dwarves survived world gen - oh, it's because the goblins can't get to them.)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 09:54:06 pm by Ziusudra »
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 18, 2017, 10:45:55 pm »

Yeah, sadly. That bug still annoys me. Can't make them non-sentient like I did for megabeasts in Adventurecraft, but eh. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 19, 2017, 03:55:08 am »

There's always the old enrage interaction trick!

Also working on a super dweeby weeaboo mod so I'll be playing around with some Kisat Dur ideas.

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
  • Deciever, I name thee Cael
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 02, 2017, 01:57:37 am »

Actually, i was considering - sincei enjoy making magic mods - seeing if i could find a way to make a Martial Artist secret - it would have "spells" that only work on adjacent enemies, and would have varying effects - for example, the Way of the Claw would give the Talon Strike, which causes blood loss, and simiar abilities. There could be a more brutal art such as Okgush, an Orc/Goblin martial art with moves like Gut Strike, which inflicts nausea, or Headbutt, which causes severe head pain and has a change of causing bleeding(internal bleeding maybe?), and maybe a special Elven martial art as well. Any thoughts?
My magic mod, Schools of Magic:
----------------------------------
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162596.0
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #455 on: March 02, 2017, 05:13:41 am »

Actually, i was considering - sincei enjoy making magic mods - seeing if i could find a way to make a Martial Artist secret - it would have "spells" that only work on adjacent enemies, and would have varying effects - for example, the Way of the Claw would give the Talon Strike, which causes blood loss, and simiar abilities. There could be a more brutal art such as Okgush, an Orc/Goblin martial art with moves like Gut Strike, which inflicts nausea, or Headbutt, which causes severe head pain and has a change of causing bleeding(internal bleeding maybe?), and maybe a special Elven martial art as well. Any thoughts?

Eh, personally I think it's kind of tacky, since it won't respect armor, can't be dodged, and won't inflict regular wounds, it won't resemble any regular physical skills.  A martial arts secret would be better presented as chi manipulation, like a "touch of death" technique, since that's basically magic anyway, and various personal stat modifiers (like "focus mind" which temporarily increases the user's skill rolls or "iron body" which adds a force multiplier).

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 02, 2017, 11:44:47 am »

Yeah. Sticking to more subtle stuff might be better.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 02, 2017, 12:31:28 pm »

I used creature variations to make [CREATURE:MARTIAL_*] variants of humans/dorfs/elves which use stronger materials, literally steel bones, and different attacks/gaits entirely, with fun stuff like multiattack friendly elbow/knee strikes, though I'll need to fix the headbutt balance better because the first time I tried it out they basically end up oneshotting everything with forehead smashes of death.

Tinkering with having them taught via secrets and seeing if I can set up tower warrior monasteries instead of necro fanfiction studios.

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 28, 2017, 12:43:12 am »

give a summon interaction with a 100 year cooldown that summons a useless minion for 1 tick, worldgen will still make armies that build towers as promptly die when you start playing. But the monasteries and martial artists will live on
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 30, 2017, 02:22:48 pm »

short-lived minions works, but i think that's the same reason in my spellcrafts mod i have towers of summoners sending sieges that never actually turn up; the initially created critter dies of suffocation immediately.

You might be able to make them extremely fragile bunny zombies though. So they exist but cant accomplish much. The extreme cool down would work, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 12, 2017, 01:25:35 pm »

I used super fragile in my mod, so that non-Druids could not summon powerful armies - just very weak Infernal Thralls and the like. A combination is, of course, best.
GENERATION 28:

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 12, 2017, 05:29:12 pm »

PTW, although we seriously derailed here...

btw, I noticed the actual "toss" wasn't used in the kisat dur. Instead, OP seemed to jump at people when he wanted to move them...
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 12, 2017, 07:58:36 pm »

The jump attack is rather OP compared to the wrestling throw, especially against a larger opponent.

The wrestling throw does have one thing the jump doesn't; you can queue attacks to follow it with.

What I'm not sure of is if you get the damage bonus against a prone opponent if you do a take-down-to-kick combo.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 12, 2017, 09:27:27 pm »

I think you do, I modded in knee and elbow strikes and one of the first things I tried was the muay thai head-grab-pull-down-knee-to-face thing which has a name I forgot. Grab head > takedown > knee to head.

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 13, 2017, 11:56:25 am »

Well, there is also the fact that you have to release all your grips before you can jump the opponent, while you can throw him from nearly any grip. on the other hand, you can jump prone opponents as well.
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37