Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Voting has finished, poll's closed

Foo
Bar

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Ilrom Ziril: The Peak of Fire  (Read 32759 times)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: Ilrom Ziril: The Peak of Fire
« Reply #135 on: March 02, 2015, 07:38:52 pm »

how many military dwarves are there now?
And in what state of training?
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 03, 2015, 12:50:14 am »

So there were no necromancers in this fight? Thats kinda a pitty, kinda very lucky, as imagine the damage the were-groundhogs could do as undead. That would be quite spectacular

So, how many people are in the military of the fort and how many in total?

I imagine the smiths will be happy with all the new free metal produced from killing the zombies. What were they primarily equiped with?

You know, it's weird. I've been getting single necromancers appearing in the refuse pile with the "Invaders! Drive them away!" message, about once a year. They would NOT raise any corpses/body parts, and immediately run to the north and disappear off the map. In this siege the same thing happened, but now there were three necromancers, pushing their own goblins out of the way in a blind dash for the exit. They were both dwarves and humans.

Even stranger, the first siege we got was of the "Enemy has come" variety, and consisted of ONE human zombie, which left immediately. The dwarves keep engraving this as if it's a massive event.

You can sorta see what the goblins are equipped with in the video, mostly bronze and silver, no armor and not a single iron item. I'm guessing there isn't much iron in the surrounding area since it's volcanic. We may have to rethink the magma idea for harvesting goblinite, so instead of a pump stack there will be... an imp stack.

Ilrom Ziril now has 34 dwarves in the military. We recently got a wave of migrants, so the beardcount is at 93, most of them soldiers or peons. A few of them are Axe Lords/Swordmasters, but none of them are close to Thob and Rovod's level of skill. On the plus side we have 3 steel axes and 2 steel swords!

Wallace has a full suit of bronze armor, the rest have varying degrees of crap. Armor seems to be damaged somehow, I keep seeing Xcopper gauntletX, but I'm planning a massive tetrahedrite quarry to resupply us with copper. I've switched everyone over to wooden shields and am melting down the old ones.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 01:02:13 am by Magnus »
Ilrom Ziril - The Peak of Fire:
An epic saga of weregophers and volcano gods.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148021.0

The Big D

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes bears for their fuzzy-wuzzyness
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 03, 2015, 01:31:27 am »

Bloody hell, that was epic. Took me about 15 min to get through that lot. I LOVE Wallace's character. Than is badass as well. Not to mention the other various military dorfs.
I just have this terrible mental picture of this beet-looking thing bursting out of someone's stomach and being like "Neeeeed phosphaaaaates"
If it's magma resistant, mod it so it's not!

The Big D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 04, 2015, 04:12:44 am »

If I find time between assignments I'll whip up a new appendix
I just have this terrible mental picture of this beet-looking thing bursting out of someone's stomach and being like "Neeeeed phosphaaaaates"

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 04, 2015, 05:01:43 pm »

llace has a full suit of bronze armor, the rest have varying degrees of crap. Armor seems to be damaged somehow, I keep seeing Xcopper gauntletX, but I'm planning a massive tetrahedrite quarry to resupply us with copper. I've switched everyone over to wooden shields and am melting down the old ones.
Are you storing your armor in a shared stockpile with refuse? Thats the only thing I know of that causes damage to metal armor
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 05, 2015, 12:51:42 am »

llace has a full suit of bronze armor, the rest have varying degrees of crap. Armor seems to be damaged somehow, I keep seeing Xcopper gauntletX, but I'm planning a massive tetrahedrite quarry to resupply us with copper. I've switched everyone over to wooden shields and am melting down the old ones.
Are you storing your armor in a shared stockpile with refuse? Thats the only thing I know of that causes damage to metal armor
I found out that this was it, and immediately turned off the refuse. Now it seems it's staying solid. But that explains where those huge stacks of armor went earlier... Crap.

Looking forward to the appendix, Big D!

Three of our officers now have full steel armor (Wallace prefers his bronze), ALL of our military has steel weapons, and most of them are Legendary! Bring on the caverns, it's time to dig deep!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 01:54:49 am by Magnus »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 05, 2015, 09:31:34 am »

Wallace prefers his bronze
Peregar will be worried by such anti-reasonable preference. Maybe steel breastplate studded with bronze will work for him?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 05, 2015, 01:03:52 pm »

Wallace prefers his bronze
Peregar will be worried by such anti-reasonable preference. Maybe steel breastplate studded with bronze will work for him?
He's ridiculously mighty already. There's not much that can hurt any of our soldiers now, unless it has poisonous extracts or something like that. I think he'll be fine, the only trouble is that his hammer does nowhere near the damage that a steel battleaxe or spear does.

dwarobaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2015, 05:16:31 am »

Sooo... is something terrible going on at Ilrom Ziril? :(

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2015, 05:25:39 am »

A terrible siege of RL beasts

The Big D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2015, 04:42:15 am »

The Forgotten beast Assignments has come! A pterosaur constructed entirely of paper, it undulates rhythmically. Beware it's long hiatuses!

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 11, 2015, 01:29:37 pm »

The Forgotten beast Assignments has come! A pterosaur constructed entirely of paper, it undulates rhythmically. Beware it's long hiatuses!
Hahahaha!

I got about three paragraphs done for the next update, then I realized my gf had forgot what I look like and I was way behind with the website I'm supposed to make at work. Then I finally managed to create an adventurer who didn't starve to death on his way out of the fortress, and THEN I discovered the path of Kisat Dur, and all the wonderful applications it has for throwing elves out of their trees...

So, Ilrom Ziril is not dead, it's just on pause for a while :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 03:29:08 pm by Magnus »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2015, 10:55:36 pm »

I choked. Then spit out my juice. My keyboard is now a mess. Well played.

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 12, 2015, 02:31:37 am »

There's a matter I need you guys' help with. Check the poll on the front page.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 12, 2015, 11:25:10 am »

There's a matter I need you guys' help with. Check the poll on the front page.
I have a question about the poll. Is the Titan made out of ice?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12