Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Voting has finished, poll's closed

Foo
Bar

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Ilrom Ziril: The Peak of Fire  (Read 32584 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Ilrom Ziril: The Peak of Fire
« Reply #165 on: October 01, 2015, 02:34:34 pm »

I'm going to do it!  I've got the save file in my folder and I'm ready to play.

Also, didn't notice that you said you'd be having a daughter.  Cool!  So not everybody here is a teenager.  :P

Here goes...

----------------------------------

Jay Wood pulled the exceptionally crafted bolt out of her quiver.  She didn't have any time to admire it, though.  She shoved it professionally into her crossbow, aimed, fired...

"Good job!" said Geshud.  "Almost would have killed a goblin."

"That was as good as you could ever do, and you know it!" replied Jay.  Pulling another bolt out of her quiver, she aimed and fired.  "I don't know why you're captain instead of me."

"Because you're not cautious enough.  Besides, I thought I was the one that wanted to master a skill," said Geshud.

"Sure, but - " *thunk* " - I find that - " *rustle* " - it is enjoyable - " *click* " -to learn to things." *thunk*  As Jay talked, she kept practicing.

"All right, that's enough!  Don't want to run out of bolts, try just practicing without firing now!"  Wallace the commander walked up.  "You know, it would be better if you would just become hammerdwarves like me.  We don't need any ammunition."

"Wallace, we will not change weapons!  Besides, you know I don't like physical confrontations."

"Fine, fine, suit yourself when a goblin comes up and you're out of bolts..." Wallace shrugged as he walked away.

"Ugh, why won't he stop!" said Geshud, firing at the target.  "He thinks he's so important..."

"Well, so do you..." Jay said, stopping when Geshud looked up and glared at her.  "Besides, he's not that bad of a person.  Never angry, confident, doesn't hate anybody."

"Still, he's unbreakable.  Inexhaustible.  Unbelievably strong.  Extremely agile.  There's nothing he can't handle in melee combat.  You're...  Not the thinnest, and rather flimsy, and I'm...  Not the thinnest either.  I am tough, but not tough enough to handle a goblin," said Geshud.

"You could definitely take one.  You're agile and inexhaustible," said Jay.

"Well, I don't like close combat.  I don't care what anybody thinks, I'm sticking to the crossbow or I'm leaving the militia," said Geshud.

"I don't think it'll come to that," said Jay.  "Life is fine, see?  The future'll be great.  There's nothing the dwarves of Ilrom Ziril can't handle."

"Not even a dragon?" asked Geshud.

"We handled that.  See, it's trapped," Jay gestured.

"But the next time..."  Geshud trailed off.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Ilrom Ziril: The Peak of Fire
« Reply #166 on: October 01, 2015, 02:43:55 pm »

Olin looked at his shield.  "I will call you Berim Lar!" he shouted.  "Why's that?" asked Wallace.  "Because it is the Artifices of Meeting!  With trickery, I prevent the strike from meeting me, having it only meet the exceptionally-crafted surface of my chestnut shield!"

Jay shrugged.  "Whatever floats your Boatmur - I mean Dimpleraked."

-------

Outside, a soldier watches the fire started by the dragon.  The smoke of the fire mixes with the fumes from the volcano.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 03:06:18 pm by jwoodward48df »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]