Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need orientation regarding building LCS  (Read 1490 times)

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Need orientation regarding building LCS
« on: January 29, 2015, 01:55:06 pm »

Namely:
  • I have a "hard" build system: a non-standard MingW32 install whose filesystem root is c: drive.  MingW32 version is locked to 4.3.x because higher versions tested failed to compile libpng .  Code::Blocks is not present, and only very archaic versions of autoconf do not fail regression testing before install due to the presence of a Windows Perl.  [read: autoreconf is not an option.]  So I'm going to have to construct the makefile the hard way.
  • I'll want to know where pre-commit code review is done for contibutors not authorized to commit to the main SVN repository.
While I do have vaporware mod ideas regarding the police department, it's pointless to mention a plan before I verify tha I can build stock LCS.

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Need orientation regarding building LCS
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 04:07:42 am »

I have built r860 with only two changes to the source code, in no-SDL mode.  (I have SDL 1 installed, but given I was having to jury-rig a makefile I thought I'd do the no-SDL case first.)

1) I was getting a hard link error from the inline redefinitions of addstr and mvaddstr .
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
2) GCC 4.3.4 was not finding include.h from sitemap.h .
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Need orientation regarding building LCS
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 01:46:46 pm »

Ok...looks like all primary devs are on vacation at the moment  ;)

I've started some micro-optimization work on my local copy of r860 (will push the Mercurial repository to someplace public on release, per GPL); I want to get the RAM usage of the structs and classes down before attempting adding features (which will bloat RAM and savefile considerably).