Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Kill it. (New world: Sign ups open!)  (Read 2038 times)

UltraMagnus

• Bay Watcher
  • More than meets the eye
    • View Profile
Kill it. (New world: Sign ups open!)
« on: January 29, 2015, 07:50:02 pm »

Greetings, Urist McReader.

We all sometimes hate the world. Well, we don't really hate the world, we just hate a bunch of people in our immediate area. That's why I'm asking you to help me send a medieval island into an Age of Death. Nobody will miss them.

We have a rough idea planned for how to do this. First, we will establish a base of operations for our angel of death. Next, using this leverage, we will have the angel of death take out the supernatural powers of the world. Meanwhile, the cults establishments under our control influence will chip away at neighboring civilizations. Whether the warfare or the angels make the finishing blow to them, makes no difference to us.

Immediately the rest of the requirements are fufilled, we will swiftly execute the remaining dwarves and doom the world into an early grave.

We have been observing the world for 5 years. The time to strike is now.

Sincerely, Urist McPsychopath.

TL;DR: Let's kill a world!

Rules
* Never be afraid to sign up
* After signing up, you are expected to be ready for your turn. Come time for your turn, you have 3 days to reply (even if you must schedule a delay) or else you will be skipped. Your turn will officially begin on the third day, or earlier if requested/early updating.
* After replying, you have one week in real time to post as much as you want with the world. You can request an extension, but if you do not update within two days after making the request, or if you do not make a request, your turn will officially be over
* The scope of this game is within all three gamemodes. If you want to spend a week telling us stuff you find on Legends, that's your business.
* Prepare accordingly for the end of your turn, and liberally use the "retire fort" option to keep life in fortresses.
* Remember the goal of this succession game as you play
* You can sign up for multiple turns, but there is no guarantee that you will get successive slots
* Have fun.

UltraMagnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill it. (New world: Sign ups open!)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 07:50:50 pm »

Game will begin after five people sign up.

Current turn order
-UltraMagnus
-Snail555
-GameDragon
-☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼
-Chaoseed
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 08:44:11 pm by UltraMagnus »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 08:22:47 pm »

PTW.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 09:21:01 pm »

May I sign up please?
I do stuff, I guess

UltraMagnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 12:04:55 am »

May I sign up please?

I'll update the OP later to include a list of players. If I can get at least 5 people interested we'll talk map features.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 07:05:24 am »

interested, but isnt there a bug where if you kill everyone, (z)wait an hour, and theyl be back alive?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 11:31:30 am »

If they aren't historical figures it can happen that they will respawn under certain conditions, but I just came back past a forest retreat I burned and pillaged a year ago in adventure mode to find that while the trees disappointingly returned the bodies were still laying there and the only elves around were the ones who ran while I was rampaging.

UltraMagnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 11:49:43 pm »

interested, but isnt there a bug where if you kill everyone, (z)wait an hour, and theyl be back alive?

Proof?

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 01:55:23 am »

Proof?

I can test it if you'd like. I'd also like a turn please.

So I did some testing and it appears to me that if you kill a person for whatever reason then they stay dead.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 02:34:34 am by Gamedragon »

UltraMagnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 11:21:06 am »

Proof?

I can test it if you'd like. I'd also like a turn please.

So I did some testing and it appears to me that if you kill a person for whatever reason then they stay dead.

Added. Let's talk world size while we wait for more people.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 01:10:31 am »

Pocket will be preferred. An Intel Atom is not the most ideal of processors for playing large worlds.
I do stuff, I guess

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2015, 04:39:21 pm »

I'm kind of intrigued, but I want to ask: What would someone do in fortress mode? Build a fortress and...go to war with everyone else, perhaps? Am I close?
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 07:17:15 pm »

Add me to the list. Also, ^
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

UltraMagnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2015, 07:30:38 pm »

I'm kind of intrigued, but I want to ask: What would someone do in fortress mode? Build a fortress and...go to war with everyone else, perhaps? Am I close?

Cause war, slaughter as many neighboring invaders as a result, build training facilities for adventurers, stockpile armor for adventurer, things of that nature.

Add me to the list. Also, ^

Adding. Need one more.

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2015, 08:14:39 pm »

Hm. All right, count me in. ;)
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.
Pages: [1] 2