Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: A peculiar lab: 40% chance of survival and dropping.  (Read 27960 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: A peculiar lab.
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2015, 03:12:17 pm »

Rearrange the order of the rectangles. Try again with a different tank. Or the same type of tank if I can find it.
You find a copy of the same tank and connect it after rearranging the green cards. It doesn't seem to change anything.

Pish IN then CON, wait for a bit and then press EJ and seek out the source of the hissing sound.

afterwards grab a soda cona and connect a tank to it through a trigger valve hose as well as setting a rectangle into its slot, make note of the dial setting and pull the trigger.

You push con but the machine just beeps irritably. You press the Ej button and the tanks all jiggle a bit, as though their seals aren't actually closed.

You attach the "soda can" to the tank through a trigger valve. You attempt to stick a green card straight in the "Soda can" but it doesn't fit.

Look at Beirus' experiment, and mark down which five green cards he used.  Then, grab a short hose, and attach a trigger valve that opens directly into the air.  Attach a tank to the hose, and pull the trigger, while aiming the hose AWAY.

Do this, attaching new tanks and marking down each number, until I get a metal or PW gets tired of describing what comes out.

His cards are labeled with the following:
BI30495
DS23423
DO348905
KJ09234
DL3489

The first tank you attach to your set up produces a spray of sand; not a ballistic spray mind you, but a spray. The second disgourges a thick length of rope as long as you hold the trigger.  These tanks are  134 and 2783. The third tank, 4812, unleashes a burst of blackish purple gas, like the spray of a co2 fire extinguisher. The gas quickly fills part of the room and begins spreading.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2015, 03:17:11 pm »

Try each green card one at a time in the apparatus with the same type of tank. Jump on table to avoid the black gas. If the gas is moving to fast to finish my science, run to the medical room and hope it is safer. Take the unknown rectangles with me, and any I know I'd one of them turns out to be a sword shape.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 10:50:16 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2015, 03:33:21 pm »

Try each green card one at a time in the apparatus with the same type of tank. Stay away from the black gas.
The gas is quickly filling the room, creeping along the ground like the fog in a b-horror movie.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2015, 03:38:30 pm »

Can I hop on a table?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2015, 03:59:02 pm »

Can I hop on a table?
You can certainly do that.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2015, 04:28:52 pm »

Try plugging in a hexagons cable instead.

Move away from the gas and pull the trigger.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2015, 04:54:38 pm »

Try plugging in a hexagons cable instead.

Move away from the gas and pull the trigger.

The gas is FILLING THE FUCKING ROOM.

I swear, it's like "Oh no, they're pumping mustard gas into the room! Better walk over to the other side and hope it just goes away!"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2015, 05:04:53 pm »

Perform the action in another room? Possibly the one labelled testing?

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2015, 05:08:06 pm »

Find a "Ham Sandwich" gas and you'll be in business, my friend.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2015, 06:08:57 pm »

Is it too late to join?
I wanna keep numbers low for this. It's just a test. I considered only having one person, so 5 is already pushing it for a collaborative effort.

If someone gets murdered or doesn't show up, you can have their spot.
So, I'm going to have less free time than I thought in the foreseeable future. So I won't be able to post as much in this as it deserves. Since NAV wants to join in on this, he can have my spot, if that's okay.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2015, 09:58:34 pm »

I haven't even posted yet and you've already killed us all.

Run into Medical and see if there's a way to vent the room.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2015, 10:43:45 pm »

If a spot opens up for some reason(likely hilarious death) can I give this a shot?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2015, 11:25:10 pm »

"Well, it's probably not harmful, right?  We were supposed to make a weapon, and there's no happy beep of completion or anything, so..."

That said, this is probably bad. Quickly analyze my surroundings- Is the gas between me and the table?  Between me and the doors?  Is the table far from the doors?

Then, hold my breath and sprint to safety.  If I can't go around the gas to get to the doors, and the table is away from them, jump on the table.  If I can cross to the doors on top of the table, run on top of them.

Otherwise just run to Medical.  Apologize profusely, without releasing my breath.

((I was not even aware there were other rooms.  >.< Next time, I test potentially dangerous things in Testing.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2015, 01:27:27 am »

Can I hop on a table?
You hop on the table. This seems to work for the moment...but won't for long

Perform the action in another room? Possibly the one labelled testing?

I haven't even posted yet and you've already killed us all.

Run into Medical and see if there's a way to vent the room.
You both run quickly into the room marked "Medical", leaving the parts behind.

The medical chamber is pretty small, just a few beds with medical equipment lined up on steel shelves and tables.  Toaster looks around the room for a button labeled "PANIC" and finds a small control panel near the door. There are what appear to be various unlabeled buttons above labels with the name of each of the connected rooms; specifically a red button, a black button and a blue button.

"Well, it's probably not harmful, right?  We were supposed to make a weapon, and there's no happy beep of completion or anything, so..."

That said, this is probably bad. Quickly analyze my surroundings- Is the gas between me and the table?  Between me and the doors?  Is the table far from the doors?

Then, hold my breath and sprint to safety.  If I can't go around the gas to get to the doors, and the table is away from them, jump on the table.  If I can cross to the doors on top of the table, run on top of them.

Otherwise just run to Medical.  Apologize profusely, without releasing my breath.

((I was not even aware there were other rooms.  >.< Next time, I test potentially dangerous things in Testing.))
It's kinda filling one corner of the room and spreading across the floor. It's on the other side of the table, and the doors are behind you.

You hold your breath and run into the medical section along with everyone else.

The gas spreads across the ground and begins to expand upward filling the rest of the space. Berius, who is on his hands and knees on the table, notices the skin on his hands start to blister and darken. Oddly, it's completely painless.

If a spot opens up for some reason(likely hilarious death) can I give this a shot?
Sure. We've lost Pancaek for NAV already.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2015, 02:10:38 am »

Try each green card one at a time in the apparatus with the same type of tank. Jump on table to avoid the black gas. If the gas is moving to fast to finish my science, run to the medical room and hope it is safer. Take the unknown rectangles with me, and any I know I'd one of them turns out to be a sword shape.
Probably should have pointed out that I edited my post.

If it doesn't matter or change anything, then:
Run to Medical Room. Slap syvarris for interrupting my science. Slap with my blistered and darkened hands.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 02:17:38 am by Beirus »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14