Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: From the Brink of Destruction (Fallout Equestria 2014)  (Read 2727 times)

Zerris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tarl's Place
From the Brink of Destruction (Fallout Equestria 2014)
« on: January 30, 2015, 06:05:07 am »

From the Brink of Destruction
Friendship... Friendship never changes.

Once the ponies lived in peace, thriving under the rule of Celestia. Equestria while not perfect was a bountiful paradise for those who were willing to but even the least bit of effort. Food was plentiful, monster attacks were relatively rare. And then those damned Zebra's ruined everything. Plunging the world, which had until then known a millennium of relative peace, into war. A war which tore apart that which had made Old Equestria great, twisting it into a darker mockery of what it had once been.

And then everything went to Tartarus when the megaspells fell. Entire cities wiped out on both sides, leaving the land shattered and broken. Worse those damned Pegasi, those who had been our Elite defense abandoned their earthbound kind. Filling the skies with dark ever present clouds making it even harder to survive. The Stables allowed the rest of ponykind to survive, and for nearly fifty years we lived in safe within. Unicorns and Earth Ponies thriving under the caring eyes of the Overmare. We were to be born in the Stable, live our entire lives in the Stable and eventually die in the Stable.

Then midspring 49 After Fall (A.F.) everything went to Tartarus again. Lownessgod the First Flags, a beast so terrible that most fear speaking of him lest he find us once more. Without warning he appeared, tearing open the Stable Door and proceeding to slaughter every pony he could find.

Those who survived fled, finding a ravaged Wasteland waiting for them. Filled with horrors only slightly less worst than the monster that cost us our home. Large tracks of land filled with Raiders who want to kill us for our few remaining possessions. Slavers who want to force us to serve them. For a hundred and fifty years we traveled, fighting every day for survival. In this time we discover one terrible fact...

All the other Stables are gone..

The actual structures are still there mind you, only they are wrecked ruins. After all we found a few, managed to get inside them as well. Inside however there was only the death or worse to be found. The only bastions of civilization left are the small Wastelander settlements scattered across the Wasteland. And they are barely holding out against the Raiders and Slavers.

Several of us have come up with a plan, to gather what few resources we can and find a place to settle. A place were we can build a new Stable. Only this time with the arms needed to kill any monster that tries to steal it from us.

And this is our story.

Factions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Report Archive:

Claimed Ponies

This is the result of me deciding to give Fallout Equestria 2014 a try, and ending up with a world where there are a mind boggling number of enemies. Even more amusing is the fact that an attempt to embark gives a Dead or Dying Civilization warning.Checking the Legends shows that the only playable Civ was killed off after 49 years.

Given the uniqueness of this event I've decided to make a community game of it. Both because it could be fun, and also because I haven't played Fallout Equestria before. Which means I may fail quite hard or I may succeed. Either way it should be interesting.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 04:46:41 pm by Zerris »

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
Re: From the Brink of Destruction (Fallout Equestria 2014)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 09:06:35 am »

I post this to express interest. Also, try and take note of any strange stuff you may encounter along the way please. It'll be helpful.
I do stuff, I guess

Zerris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tarl's Place
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 07:05:24 pm »

The Original Stable had been up near the Northeastern Boarder of Equestria, the thought that having it so far out of the way would keep it hidden and more importantly safe. Instead that isolation proved to make it all the easier for the monster to invade once it had found it.

The Plan for building a new Stable however requires a lot of resources. This time given the choice we have decided to trek all the way to the middle of the Equestrian Wastes, into a region utterly filled with two important resources. Wood, and salvage. Trade off is that the location is for the most part almost completely flat.

To the east is a mountain range that we suspect is home to Griffons, which is has some of us nervous given how many had ended up captives to them turn the time the old Stable was destroyed. Admittedly some of those captives ended up living for quite awhile, some even becoming commanders among the local Talons. Slightly to the west seems to be what we think is are evil wastes. Wastelander settlements are in the area so we may be able to strike up trade with them eventually. And we know for a fact there is a desert to the north.

Still signs show that we may be to find other resources as well, and the centralized location may allow other survivors of the Severe Gleams to find us.

Admittedly there is a Slaver presence in the area, however with luck we may be able to stay under their radar. At least long enough for us to scavenge the tools and weaponry needed to kill any that arrive.

The First Seven:

These seven misfits are the ones who have come together to build a Stable where all those who fled the destruction of Paddedgrooves. Let all those who carry the blood of the Severe Gleams in their veins find their way to this their new home.

We are the Amethyst Prophecies and our new home, our new Stable shall be Pinemaze. And boy are we going to need all the help we can get. None of us have any idea on what supplies to stuff in the wagon or who should do what.

Currently I have 2150 points to spend after emptying the wagon of everything. Apparently the default starting build tends to eat up all the points in supplies and not leave any to assign skills to the ponies. Given the currently 'DEAD' or 'DYING' state the only Stable civilization has, I'm not sure if the first trade caravan will actually be Stable Ponies.

So I am open to suggestions on how to load up the wagon and assign the skills given the current load out of misfits I got stuck with. And after spending so much time transcribing their profiles to this post I'm not going to close down the program and attempt to try to get a better batch at the same embark.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 07:11:12 pm by Zerris »

Zerris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tarl's Place
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 12:56:57 pm »

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Granite 15, 200 A.F.

We have finally arrived, I half expected for us to die or worse on the trek here. However my fears have proved unfounded for now. Still in the heart of these ruins I have no doubt many dangers await. All around us are either ruins or the trees have have since overrun them. I'm not sure what this place had been before the megaspells fell, however we have dubbed the new home we will build here Pinemaze.

There are seven of us here, our only connection being we can all trace our ancestry back to the same Stable. And we all share the same dream a home where we can be relatively safe from what this world will throw at us. Six Unicorns and a single Earth Pony, with only two of us being Stallions. And all of us are highly nervous at being out in the 'open' without any proper shelter so that will be the first order of business.

Our supplies are also pretty limited even if we managed to stretch things quite a bit by acquiring the cheapest items that we could find. The Wagon currently contains an iron anvil, two bronze power drills, a bronze hacksaw, a few barrels of both Stable Beer, Swill, Carrot Juice and Radish Juice. A few barrels of food, seeds for wheat and tubers, copper toolboxes, bags of sand, a cart and step ladder, a couple ropes and a bucket. Admittedly that is just the communal pool of goods and not each of our personal possessions.

We also planned a bit ahead and were able to get our hooves on some animals as well. They are as follows, four Bighorners, two Brahmin, a pair of chickens, two dogs and a single cat.

Scouting has allowed us to spot at least a pair of sturgeons, several radigators, a single sea lamprey and a river just full of carp.

Our first order of business was to set up a pasture to hold our livestock, while Twig grabbed the hacksaw to go cutting down the trees and clear out some of the plants immediately around the wagon. Howl and Hawk both grabbed power drills went to dig the hole that would be the entrance to our new Stable.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl Granite 21, 200 A.F.

Hawk and Howl have finished digging out the entrance and first chambers to the Stable, mostly the entry tunnel, the Trade Depot room, the place for the main stairwell, and a large chamber for the general stockpile. Just outside the entrance we've set up a small refuse pile.

Some Feral Dogs entered the area and are currently in all out war with the carp. Not sure which side to cheer for. Anyway it's not our problem at the moment as we need to get our stuff inside asap before what food we have rots on us.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl Granite 25, 200 A.F.

It's taken us four days to get almost everything safely into the new storage chamber. All that is left are all the barrels of booze left in the wagon. Everyone pitched in getting things stored, and now Hawk and Howl are getting started on the stairwell down as well as a temporary meeting area inside rather than using the wagon as our meeting spot.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl Granite 27, 200 A.F.

It doesn't take them all that long to carve the chamber in question and then the pair move to carve out another chamber to hold our first farm.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl Granite 28, 200 A.F.

The new farming chamber is complete, and a spot marked off for Twig to make our new farm, and hopefully we can start growing our own food. The chamber was built just off the north wall of the current storeroom, to make things much easier to get things to and from the stockpile.

She manages to get it finished in a single day, and we carve out an alcove in which to set up a still. Due to lack of a water purifier we are sticking to most booze to keep hydrated.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl Slate 5, 200 A.F.

The still is complete and a second farm plot is going up just next to the refuse pile. This is so we can get some surface crops growing as well as the cave wheat that Twig is currently tending.

As for our two current Mining Ponies, the level below the meeting area turned out to be composed mostly of chert, which means we now have stone to use. We also found the edge of a deposit of rose quartz (D1) right off the stair well to the opposite side we chose for what will be our initial crafting chamber.

We are leaving it be for now as we simply don't have the time to do anything with it yet.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl Slate 8, 200 A.F.

The external farm plot is finished and set to grow tubers, another staple crop which should supplement the cave wheat. We are also starting to make our Trade Depot, though we will have to deconstruct the Wagon in order for Traders to have access to it.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl Slate 10, 200 A.F.

Both the Trade Depot is up, and the Wagon is gone. Though that still leaves a bunch of drink barrels up top. Why isn't anyone bringing them down?

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl Slate 15, 200 A.F.

The new chamber is finished being dug, spots have been marked for a carpenter's workshop, a mason's workshop, a mechanic's shop, and a jeweler's though that one will likely be unfinished for some time. Stockpiles specifically to feed those workshops have also been marked out in that chamber. Another chamber will soon be dug out on the otherside as well. We need to get the salvage yard set up soon, that way we can start prospecting the area for fixable tech.

Most of the Workshops were set up quite quickly however given one of our miners is also our mechanic, the mechanic's shop will have to wait till after the new chamber is carved out. We've cued up bed tables and chairs to be made as soon as possible. I can't wait until they are done and we can set up the dormatory.

Good news is the radigators are gone as well as the Feral Dogs, leaving just the carps, a single surviving sturgeon and some mole rats wandered into the area. The radigators ate the lamprey some of the carp, and something killed one of the mole rats.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl Slate 25, 200 A.F.

The new chamber is finished, as is the mechanic's shop. Beds, tables and chairs are in the process of being made. We've decided to dig the stairwell until at least nine levels below the surface. This will be our first residential area, particularly where we will put our dormitory first.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl Felsite 8, 200 A.F.

The stairwell is finally deep enough, going all the way down. Interestingly enough we are now digging through marble. For now we will just be dumping it next to the mason's workshop as it will simply be in the way otherwise.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl Felsite 10, 200 A.F.

The new dormitory chamber is now completed, at least structurally. The beds at least will soon be going in and we'll be able to sleep off the ground for the first time in months. The Salvage Yard is also finally active, things will be slow as we don't yet have enough carts for every stockpile and salvage is damned heavy.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl Felsite 11, 200 A.F.

The beds are in and the Dormitory is functional, we are also starting to get a workbench and electronics bench to go with the Salvage Yard and Suppy Depot. A bit more work and our salvage industry will be complete for the most part.

Damnit.. I just discovered that the dorm is on the wrong level. Whelp have to create a new chamber on the correct one and then convert the current dorm into the food prep area. I'm not having the current dorm removed however until the correct chamber is dug out.

Man I need an office.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl Felsite 15, 200 A.F.

Our miners decided to work on expanding the current dorm to the size of a proper basic Dining Hall, this led them to discovering two deposits of aquamarine(A2). This will come in handy once we are set up to handle processing the gems. For now though they go to the stockpile.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl Felsite 29, 200 A.F.

The Reloading Bench is going in and the room expansions currently set up are complete. We are now moving all the od and drink down to it's own separate stockpile next to where the kitchen and dining hall will be. And the new dorm is set up thought he beds need to be placed in it.

Here is a map as of the first day of Summer. http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-12393-pinemaze

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 07:40:06 pm »

PTW and may request ponying.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Zerris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tarl's Place
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 10:30:32 am »

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Hermatite 7, 200 A.F.

We finally finished moving the dorm to the correct level, and began to layout where the first tables and chairs will end up. It's taken so long because we are dragging all the marble up to dump it right next to the masons shop. Admittedly it's all forbidden at the moment so no one can touch it again for awhile.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Hermatite 7, 200 A.F.

The tables and chairs are mostly finished, I discovered though that we were a table and chair short. It seems we didn't keep making enough to counter the ones used to get the Salvage Division mostly up and running. And we also it seems need a craftspony workshop given we need it to make pots. Which should hold more than the wooden barrels. Speaking of which the ones containing booze are still on the surface.

We've also marked up where the kitchen will go once some one has the time to fix it. Will be nice to have a hot meals again.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Hermatite 20, 200 A.F.

We've started carving out the area where private rooms and the smaller offices will be. The offices of course will be closer to the main stairwell given they will be almost directly under the Kitchen. Hawk is churning out quite a few pots for storage. Also good news is a door is now in place just after the Trade Depot.

Hopefully that will serve to keep all but the most dangerous critters from just waltzing inside. That will serve until the marble stable door is completed on the other side of the Trade Depot. This one will function like a drawbridge raising toward the inside of the Stable.

Which means if a slaver is on the other side right next to it, we can open it and flatten him like a pancake. Either way we'll be able to seal ourself off inside incase of attacks.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, 21, 200 A.F.

Four new Ponies wandered in today.

The first is named Radiance Sweetwheel, and is she a piece of work. A blue coated Earth Pony with a cerulean mane and tail. Her Cutie Mark is a scratched spear.

Next is Admiretrim, another Unicorn, dark blue coat with a teal and dark pink striped mane and tail. Her Cutie Mark is three shuriken.

Then we have Tome Hawkphrase, an Earth Pony with an aquamarine coat with his mane and tail being striped sky blue and white. His Cutie Mark is three fleur-de-lis, just like mine. Which means I've drafted him to be my assistant.

And finally we have Cinnamon Owl, another Earth Pony with a sky blue coat, a midnight blue and fuchsia mane and tail. Her Cutie Mark is a book and quill. She's taken over as our primary Mechanic.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Malachite 1, 200 A.F.

Discovered another possible aquamarine vein today, as well as ordered up a small number of basic stone trade goods to be made. Hopefully this will allow us to purchase something if a caravan comes. If a caravan comes. Also the Stable Door is partially complete, just need to set up a control system for it. A lever in the Dining Hall should work.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Malachite 9, 200 A.F.

My office is complete, n ow just need to get one for Tome. I've decided to make him our Customs Chief. Since he seems to be better at that than I am. While I'm better as both Expedition Leader and Operations Director. I'm also stuck as Logistics Director until I can find some one better for the post. However Tome has also doubled up as our Therapist. Which we will likely need at some point, thus the need for him to have an office too.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Malachite 26, 200 A.F.

Given the sheer amount of concrete blocks we are salvaging I've ordered the construction of a millstone. We need one for the rock grinder, which should help get rid of the stone as well as help us find more gems. We need them if we are going to get any power generation going on in here.

Also we've found the corpses of a few of the feral dogs.. I think the Bighorners killed them...

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Galena 6, 200 A.F

We now have an evacuation plan in case of attack. Well more evacuate the service for the inside of the Stable. And I also have set up a little policy that will keep Tome stuck at the Trade Depot if we end up having a caravan show up. The Burrow's concept is quite handy in this regard.

Also Tome finally has his office and I've instructed him to get our current inventories all as accurate as possible without him spending every waking moment just doing that.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Galena 8, 200 A.F

We struck tourmaline (D1) today while working to mine out a bit more chert from the craft level. Yay for more gems, I just wish they were better.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Galena 23, 200 A.F.

Finally, we have all moved out of the dormatory and into our own rooms. While currently quite plain they are nothing to sneeze at. Each is three cubits by three cubits wide with the bed against the back wall in the middle. We should be have room for a bit of furniture at some point. However only three of us have doors at the moment.

Map as of first day of Autumn: http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-12394-pinemaze

Zerris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tarl's Place
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 07:08:44 am »

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Limestone 1, 200 A.F.

First day of autumn, if there are any Caravans still loyal to the Severe Gleams then this is when they should show up. I'm not holding out all that much hope though. At the moment though our general storeroom is almost overflowing with scavenged concrete and iron toolboxes. While the toolboxes will be useful eventually, the concrete is just taking up space at the moment. I can't wait till have the Rock Grinder up and running. Then we can send our concrete to be ground up into more useful items. Meaning whatever Gems that may have gotten mixed in.

Also it seems that Radiance managed to kill a feral dog at some point. I'm not sure exactly when it happened but we have one less mutt to worry about and she seems perfectly fine.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Limestone 7, 200 A.F.

we found another aquamarine(A2) deposit today. It's going to take quite a bit of work making the needed walls to replace them.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Limestone 7, 200 A.F.

Twig expanded our farming slightly, adding a plot for both Broccoli and sweet pods in addition to the cave wheat one. Given the need for leather we are setting up a butcher's workshop acrosso from the kitchen. Though once we have a door for it, that room is going to be sealed off.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Limestone 14, 200 A.F.

We have some births to report for this month, though the 'happy parents' are our Bighorners and Dogs. Though only one of teach at the moment. And the smaller carp have been spotted in the stream, so they are breeding too. There are also a couple of mole rats still wandering around. The worrying thing though is that there is now a wolf in the area. Hopefully it will stay way from the Stable.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Limestone 15, 200 A.F.

A caravan!

We've spotted a caravan picking its way through the wastes outside the stable. We are moving what little trade goods we have to the Depot, hopefully we can trade for something.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Limestone 16, 200 A.F.

The caravan arrived at the depot, it has three Gunners as protection, four Merchants and a Sawpony who likely helps keep it running. The lead merchant is Paper Breechesgrove who is assisted by Honor Manyoracle, Clover Flickerheal, and Worthy Sheenwoman.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Limestone 27, 200 A.F.

We've been spending days bartering, mostly using carts and concrete to clear them out of the storeroom. We've been stocking up on lots and lots of food for the winter. We also got an air rifle but sadly no ammo for it. But we also got cloth and seeds for cotton.

Though we are probably going to get sick of cheese at some point. And Tome went off to sleep after working to get us the best deals as possible. Though I have no doubt the Merchant made off with obscene profit on us.

There was also a distinct lack of any Liaison with the group. Not all that surprising given we are technically the only ones actually in anything close to a Stable.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Sandstone 10, 200 A.F.

The merchants are now loading up their wagons in preperation to head back out into the wastes, however eleven bloatsprites have been spotted. It's a good damn thing our food stocks are so deep inside the Stable, I wouldn't want those things coming anywhere near our food.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Sandstone 13, 200 A.F.

The caravan has departed, and I set up a whole crap load of standing work orders for salvaging.  Incedentally Sugar managed to make a masterwork quality coffer today, should be interesting who ends up with it.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Sandstone 24, 200 A.F.

Oh my! I was roused out of bed this morning due to the fact a large group of ponies was enroute to the Stable. At first we were worried it was ravers or slavers. But no it wasn't! It was more descendants of Severe Gleams! Apparently our dream of drawing our people to this place is coming true. There are now a grand total of twenty new ponies, all eager to pitch in and help!

Of course this means we need more beds! As well as keep an eye on the Mr Hooves that arrived with them.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Timber 25, 200 A.F.

We finally got all the needed materials to construct the damned Rock Grinder, now we can get rid of all the damn concrete and crappy stones we get while hunting for salvage.

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-12396-pinemaze

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 07:10:04 am »

Oh awesome, Posting to watch, read, and also to offer suggested background music : MP3Jack's Equestrian Onslaught vol. 1 (5 Hour Ponystep Mix)
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Zerris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tarl's Place
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 01:08:03 pm »

Sorry for the delay since the last post, had gotten a bit busy. Anyway here is the next installiment. Oh, and for the one who created the Fallout: Equestria song file for the old version of this mod. The music in that file rocks.

@MarcAFK Glad you like it and also quite enjoyed that Mix you suggested.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl,  Moonstone 1, 200 A.F.

We've made it to our first winter, the first true test of all our hard work. Soon the snows will begin to blanket the wasteland, making survival out in the wastes all that harder. Thankfully we have our Stable complete enough that we won't be stuck freezing outside. I don't envy those who have to head out into the cold to get more salvage or wood. Still they have a place to warm up, warm food waiting for them. We all have something we've longed for, even if it is a bare skeleton compared to what our forebears had.

We have a home...

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Moonstone 2, 200 A.F.

Horn Lanternbreach seemed quite pleased with the latest door he created. And it is actually quite a the masterful creation. Solid and strong, if created from the Marble we've been drowning in from carving out rooms for everyone. Also due to us finding copper ores down on that level, we are starting to carve out the location where our smelting and forging will be. First thing will be to set up furnaces to make charcoal and melt down any ores into a more usable form.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Moonstone 4, 200 A.F.

I was just informed that all the stone chests I had ordered were completed, I ordered them installed in all the bedrooms. Which along with the cabinets I've been having installed as they are main means everyone should have some place to store their stuff.

Most were crafted from chert, however Howl was lucky enough to get the currently only marble one. Horn has also created another masterpiece of a door, I wonder where we are going to put them.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Moonestone 6, 200 A.F.

Found a patch of pink tourmaline(D1) today, we've also moved the bighorners that came with the last group of migrants to the pasture. I was getting sick of seeing random scuffles from them with some ponies every time we went to the Dinging Hall.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Moonstone 11, 200 A.F.

Enough of the new chamber has been excavated to allow the placement of our basic furnaces, starting with our Wood Furnace, Smelter, Glass Furnace and Kiln. Appropriate Stockpiles have been set up around them.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Moonstone 16, 200 A.F.

We trained the male of our pair of adult dogs into a guard dog, and have him posted just inside the smaller door that leads into the Stable proper from the Trade Depot. Hopefully that will both protect him as well as let him be a nasty surprise for anyone that might try to sneak in.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Moonstone 20, 200 A.F.

We finally got our first metalsmith's forge completed. Which means Beak will finally be able to start making things with it. Admittedly she'll likely be a bit rusty in regards to working the forge given how long it has been since she last had one. I suspect though she will be getting back into the swing of things quickly.

Of course priority one is another anvil.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Opal 4th, 200 A.F.

There are times I think I'm surrounded by mush for brains, it seems salvage processing has ground to a halt due to the Salvage Yard getting overly full. We had to make more stockpiles for the items in it. It was quite annoying as the Stockpile Rule Guide Pinkie Pie Edition seems to have all the salvage in the oddest places. Why I had to find some of them under the Refuse section.

Is there a Twilight Sparkle Edition? Or at least a guide that says which stockpiles everything we find goes to. As the Pinkie Pie Edition makes organizing everything neatly a tad difficult. Anyway things are getting dragged out of the pile of junk that buried the Salvage Yard, and we have lots of steel knives now apparently.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Obsidian 11, 200 A.F.

By Celestia the Salvage Yard wasn't the only thing buried under junk. We had to carve out new chamber and damn did we not find more and more stuff as we unburied the workshops. And here I'd been thinking the damned piles of concrete and scrap metal were bad.

We are still working since my last entry non stop moving stuff out to stockpiles and cataloging everything. Though now we are actually starting to open crates. And find equipment that we could use.

Pinemaze just before Winter Wrap up: http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-12409-pinemaze Interestingly enough the location we are in meant apparently no snow.

Annoyingly though I discovered you need a lot more stockpiles for the Salvage Industry than I had expected. Is there a guide that lists exactly what bits go where stockpile wise?

Zerris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tarl's Place
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 08:19:08 am »

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Granite 1, 201 A.F.

Spring has arrived, prior to the fall of the megaspells, this is when Winter Wrap Up would have occurred. The good news is we have survived our First Winter here in the Stable of Pinemaze. We've been here for nearly a year, and other than some organizational issues we've been doing fine.

The carp moved on, in fact most everything moved on from the area. Though a pair of Bloodwings are now in the area.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Granite 2, 201 A.F.

An election was held today, and Twig Trenchmusics has become the President of the The Severe Gleams. She is also now making demands for much better accommodations. Amusingly I am still the leader of expedition. Given this we are going to build her 'Royal Quarters' one level down from the normal residential area. At least she isn't refusing to do any work.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Granite 15, 201 A.F.

It is now the one year anniversary of settlement of Pinemaze by the Original Seven. Of which I am a member. So far we've  been joined by several other ponies all who share the same heritage of being descended from our old Stable. Now though unless more come we will have to build our numbers the old fashioned way. We lack the means and opportunity to start raiding slavers for more ponies.

Though a caravan has been spotted to the South, from what we are able to tell so far they are Wastelanders. We've begun moving sometimes to the Trade Depot in preparation. Hopefully they are peaceful.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Granite 17, 201 A.F.

They have managed to arrive, and though no where near as well armed as the Stable Caravan had been there were a total of eight ponies, half of which were guards. The guards were armed mostly with saws or in one case a sword.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Granite 18, 201 A.F.

The leader of the caravan is a unicorn named Price Shelterdip, she's apparently also the Caravan's medic of her cutie mark of a red cross and splint is any indication. Our first trade consisted of us selling them concrete, a few weapon racks and chests for all the cheese she had. And most of the trades went like that, offloading lots of extremely cheap crap for the few items we actually need and can afford.

Mostly by getting rid of our concrete, though we did end up nearly loosing a gem due to some idiot bringing them to the Depot.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Slate 3, 201 A.F.

Shortly after we finished trading, a very large band of ponies were spotted heading toward the Stable. We estimate at least twenty are making a beeline to the Stable.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Slate 7, 201 A.F.

Thank Celestia, the band of ponies turned out to be migrants. Twenty four in total plus what supplies and livestock that had with them. We now have a sentry turret patrolling just outside the Trade Depot on the other side of the door as our only war dog. That means there are now forty four of us living here. And more importantly we now have many many more workers.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl,  Slate 8, 201 A.F.

Twig has made her first mandate today, it's a bit silly actually as we are now forbidden from exporting crowns. Though we don't have any at the moment. She does want us to make three splints and two querns though for some reason. At least it was reasonable.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Slate 15, 201 A.F.

The merchants have finally resupplied enough that they are preparing to leave. Hopefully they will come back with more goods to trade. And they gave us information on their group, The Escorted Castle, not much but basic information so we know who is who with them.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Slate 17, 201 A.F.

Twig wants more querns for some reason I've let the masons know.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl,  Slate 19, 201 A.F.

The Caravan has left, taking with it all the goods we traded away, as well as the items we couldn't afford.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl,  Slate 25, 201 A.F.

A new much larger wood storeroom has been created. All would will go there first and then it will supply all the smaller stockplies that need wood.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Felsite 1, 201 A.F.

A storeroom just for unprocessed salvage has been completed today. Just like with the wood one this will feed the smaller stockpiles that take it. With this it will get all our salvage and wood inside rather than leaving it laying about until we've gotten room in the smaller piles.

I also noticed another splint mandate from Twig today.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Felsite 30, 201 A.F.

We finally have all the materials needed to create our first Stable-Tec terminal! Soon we will have proper computers!

An interesting thing about playing a dead or dying Civilization, one of your ponies will randomly become the highest noble in the land.

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-12410-pinemaze

Zerris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tarl's Place
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2015, 04:45:44 pm »

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Hermatite 1, 201 A.F.

It is the first day of Summer, and not much has truly happened yet since we started carving out the chambers for our new President. There are now forty four ponies, a combination of unicorns and earth ponies living and working in the Stable. Six feral dogs and a bloatsprite have been spotted in the area, currently they aren't all that close to the entrance.

Our food stocks are quite impressive at the moment, we are pretty much overflowing with plenty of prepared meals. And our drink stocks are healthy enough for now. Annoying thing though is the lack of a Water Talisman, we need one in order to build a fountain. We can only take so much of what is in the stream.

A new storeroom dedicated for furniture has been designated. Currently the Mason's Workshop is nearly buried in stone furniture.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Hermatite 3, 201 A.F.

Another mandate from Twig came today, this time for two more querns and a single crown.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Hermatite 9, 201 A.F.

Today we apparently have enough parts for at least one possibly three different terminals. I've ordered them to be made as soon as possible. The sooner we can get some actual working technology in here the better. Especially when we can have the damned Slavers and Raiders die to our superior robot army...

Sorry the thought of it got away from me.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Hermatite 15, 201 A.F.

The joys of better organization, the new storeroom is making things much better now that the mason's don't have to worry about clutter. Not to mention we are have a better idea of just what we have. I think we may end up needing dedicated store rooms for all the industry outputs.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Hermatite 25, 201 A.F.

Another band of ponies have been spotted heading into the area, hopefully they are more migrants searching for a new home and not a band of slavers or raiders.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Hermatite 28, 201 A.F.

Eight more ponies have joined us, putting our population at fifty two. It is so heartwarming to see all those who were descended from the old Stable making their way to us. Adding their strength to our own much like the stories of old.

Admittedly we need to carve out new rooms on the residential level now.

Also the feral dogs have wandered away from the area, replaced by a heap ton of bloatsprites.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Malachite 13, 201 A.F.

Our first Stable-Tec Terminal came online today. Which will soon mean we can start educating ponies beyond just the basics. As soon as we find the training programs at least. Also we've completely plowed through our backlog of scrap. Which means having to send out ponies to get more. Thankfully we haven't gone through our wood stocks that fast.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Malachite 21, 201 A.F.

Decided on a good method of dealing with concrete, basically using it as it was originally intended. That is creating an outer wall around the entrance. While this will make our location a bit more obvious on the surface, it will allow us to have a more protected zone where we can have our defenses.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Galena 1, 201 A.F.

We are now forbidden from trading away any querns by order of President Twig.

From the Journal of Focus 'Zerris' Orbcurl, Galena 13, 201 A.F.

We got a Flux Capacitor up and running today, as such I went through and restricted it's use to unicorns. This is because while charging a spark battery is just exhausting for unicorns it is fatal for earth ponies. Admittedly going through the list and determining someone is a unicorn is a very tedious affair.

Now all we need are talismans any kind really. Though the Robco Maintenance Bay will come in handy for things.

Tip of advice for people who try this mod, always embark with some Talismans. There is a lot I can not create workshop wise without them.

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-12419-pinemaze