Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: PREFSTRING list?  (Read 1297 times)

leontas2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
PREFSTRING list?
« on: January 30, 2015, 07:29:36 am »

When you create a creature you can add PREFSTRING, the problem is that there is not a list on wiki with the available PREFSTRINGS. For example the humans have PREFSTRING:stature. What stature is?

and one last questions

Can I define different PREFSTRINGS for different races? like the dwarves like different things in humans and elves like different things in human.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PREFSTRING list?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 07:31:29 am »

1.) Anything! It's the appropriate bit in the string "...and likes [creature]s for their {HOLLA HOLLA GET DOLLA!!}."

2.) Nah, I don't think so. One prefstring is universal.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 07:18:17 pm »

Yeah, prefstrings are perfectly arbitrary and can be whatever you want them to be.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 01:53:37 pm »

The PREFSTRING is universal, though it does seem to be from a dwarven point of view... since humans are considered to have great stature.  If it was from an ancient human's point of view, it'd probably use "noble form" as the PREFSTRING for humans.

Remember that a PREFSTRING is optional... if a creature (or plant) doesn't have one then it just won't ever be anyone's favorite.

On the other hand, something can have multiple PREFSTRINGs, and different people might prefer the same thing for different reasons.  I'm not sure if multiple PREFSTRINGs make the thing more likely to be preferred (a weight of 1 per PREFSTRING) or not (weight of 1/N per PREFSTRING, where the thing has N PREFSTRINGs defined).
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map