Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Portrait  (Read 899 times)

thecrimsonbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Portrait
« on: January 30, 2015, 10:34:31 am »

I did a quick search and found a few proposals and one old project for making images based on DF descriptions, but didn't draw from memory.  I would really like to make an instant image for all people in both modes a thing.  To start, It would just be a 3/4 headshot with each race having its own defined facial areas (or alter those areas based on the info) where image files would be posted depending on the description.  I assume each area would need to be in a separate layer with transparency so that noses would properly cover up cheeks etc, and lastly overlay a skin color.  Later on, basic crowns, helmets, and weapons could be added.  And who knows, if things go well, it could expand all the way to viewing something like planepacked in all its broken glory (in a long long time from now).

I'm an Adequate Artist (rusty), but only a Dabbling Programmer (rusty), and don't even know what code to start with or if I'm biting off more than I can chew, but I do really want to get into programming.  I would guess Qt SDK, like Dwarf Therapist, or just Java.