Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crossover fiction side project - Worm & Dwarf Fortress  (Read 1040 times)

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crossover fiction side project - Worm & Dwarf Fortress
« on: February 05, 2015, 02:27:51 pm »

I've started a little project based in the Worm universe by Wildbow.  Shayla, a young-20's LARP and Dwarf Fortress fan is induced to a trigger event by the S9.  The Master power she acquires allows her to draw dwarves and their materials out of saved Dwarf Fortress games into the real world.  Her sanity is not exactly intact.  Her dwarves obey her, mostly.  The S9 are coming back soon to try to recruit her, kill her, or give her to Bonesaw as a sockpuppet.

And she needs a drink.  NOW!

http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/overseer-worm-x-dwarf-fortress.326914/
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Crossover fiction side project - Worm & Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 01:25:46 am »

Brilliance.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :))
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 01:29:45 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 01:47:55 am »

Oh boy, that's gonna be fun.

EDIT: if you end up being susceptible to bribery/provisions of characters, which you probably won't because you're a person with integrity and stuff ... third link in my sig. Just in case you need a hero unit.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 01:53:40 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 03:05:57 pm »

I have greatly amused myself and at least mildly amused quite a few others with Overseer Shayla's struggle with sanity as she tries to maintain control over her dwarves without allowing them to get into her head too much.

Today, she finally got an ally she could trust.

Overseer 1.4 posted here: http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/overseer-worm-x-dwarf-fortress.326914/page-6#post-16419520
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)