Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Equipment and Attacks  (Read 2084 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Equipment and Attacks
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 03:51:44 am »

No.

Also, just a general statement: any token that isn't explicitly on the page of an item type on the wiki does not exist. The wiki is perfectly comprehensive when it comes to items. If it's not there, it doesn't exist.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 03:53:57 am by Putnam »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 05:33:28 pm »

I was wrong about it being glances off, but I found what started happening when I tried to add shield properties:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It stood out because there was a parry and a deflection and I realized the deflection text said "by the adamantine spear" for some reason.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2015, 06:44:35 pm »

"Deflected" is another word for parry in this case.

Check your errorlog.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2015, 08:10:38 pm »

Knowing Toady there's some underlying mechanical difference between the two, but yeah those are both all about being good with a spear and less about shield stats. Shields only make sure that "...the shot is blocked!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2015, 08:26:29 pm »

Errorlog just has a lot of stuff about a farmer streetwalker or something, I didn't ask questions and moved along.

I wasn't able to get it to work with shield stuff but it was behaving like armor deflection and doing it really really really often when normally it is an occasional thing, and this only happened after I added the ubstep/coverage stuff as I recall.

Yeah, searching through the rest of the logs, only that save had the raw changes to add the armor tokens to the weapon and only that one has the spam of "deflected by spear" stuff. If it was just due to weapon skills then it would certainly show up with some of the folks I have who were way more legendary than Nine (the elf with the spear there) was.

1535/2100 Spearman
2***/2500 Fighter

He has 170 something kills at this point, I've had folks who I used the shaft of enlightenment on who needed 10k or 13k to level up their combat skills who didn't do the deflection spam like he did.

Heck, that explains why I had to check the earlier gamelog, I migrated him to my .df24 folder and undid the spearmod in the process, so he didn't have the constant deflection spam anymore. All I did was copy the non-shield skill and size parts from the shield raw to the spear.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 08:49:36 pm by Max™ »

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2015, 09:32:25 pm »

Weapons can't even possess shield/armor properties. You will get error log entries like this:

*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/item_weapon.txt"
ITEM_WEAPON_SPEAR:Unrecognized Item Token: BLOCKCHANCE

Tools are an interesting example because a tool item can possess tokens belonging to other tool items, so you could make a honeycomb with attacks or a kitchen knife with a storage container pocket.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2015, 02:09:10 am »

I removed the block part since it wasn't working at all with it in, but the string of high rate deflections is really odd since it went away despite his skills increasing afterwards, just that one bit when I was in a town trying to see if I could get it working and he was deflecting everything with his spear.

Screwing with tool items is something that I was looking at actually.
Pages: 1 [2]