Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 67

Author Topic: [FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Chapter 1  (Read 63133 times)

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Chapter 1
« on: February 01, 2015, 10:33:48 pm »

All kinds of questions, character sheet edits, story discussions and all non-IC stuff are to be posted in the OOC Thread! ---> OOC Thread

~ Post formatting is mandatory! ~

"Anything you say should be colored and in quotation marks."
If you just want to think, italicize.
Plain text is for descriptions and fluff.
Bold your text when you're giving orders.

Don't post in this thread unless I tell you your character is in. Violations will result in naughty person punishment.

In battle the game progresses in 3 Phases:

Player Phase: Players post, and I respond until all active players have made a turn. If a player is inactive for a lengthy period of time (generally 40 hours or longer since the most recent Enemy phase post), other players may be asked to move inactives until they return. Once all players have made their actions, Enemy phase begins.
Enemy Phase: All enemies get their actions. I roll what needs to roll. Then the Ally phase begins.
Ally Phase: All NPC allies to the player party act as per the above steps. When they finish it's a new round and we go back to the beginning.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
 Table of Contents:

Prologue - Home Sweet Home -
Chapter 1 - House Warming Party -
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 05:30:04 am by Glowcat »
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Prologue
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 10:34:37 pm »

A great war threatens the stability of northern Ibres and those in its path cannot help but be swept away. Is there any good that can come from this bloodshed?

Or is it yet another folly like those that came before?

~~Prologue: Home Sweet Home~~

Lord Heston's party arrives at the edge of Throneshadow Keep. The village along the valley road that also belonged to the fief (sharing its name) had seen better days. The peasants and village folk who did not live further out feared your party were Brettian raiders.

Historically their brigand parties would strike into the forested borders of Molvonia without fear, and great reward, before retreating to Westshire where the local Lord-Mayor would rebuke any Molvonian demands for justice. With the war their predicament would've been bad enough, but the lands here fell to Count Zhardif of Endsdale, who cared little for them and the keep's defenses beyond what taxes he could extort. And now you've heard a Necromancer has taken root for the past few years... It is a travesty that this situation has lasted as long as it has, but now...

The Seneschal gifted to Lord Heston's new household, Harold Klessen, is an old soldier and King's Man who served under Joric Avon before his liege's unfortunate duel, but on your journey here you had begun to rely on the grave man's loyalty and drive to humble service.

"The keep remains just ahead. Hopefully you will be prepared for whatever trickery the criminal within has used to squat here against all challengers for the past 17 months." "According to the lookout I hired, he doesn't seem to leave the castle's interior often, only coming out to harvest the House Inarys mausoleum or village graveyard for bodies." "And while the call to service was on short notice we do appear to have had some success." He points his hand towards the waiting Trakri, Vara, Nanoha, and Christoph. "Hopefully this force, along with the retainers who came with you, will be enough." "I'm afraid I won't be able to join you in this battle, as I will be organizing with the villagers and the builders I hired to fix this... "

"unfortunate condition."

"But the Crown-Princess also intends this to be your right of passage. She wishes the border secure, and thus has asked that you prove yourself in battle. As my last order I was told not to interfere with this task... except..."

He reaches into his rider's pouch and pulls from it a vial of pure crystal water.

"To provide you this in the event that you cannot handle whatever magic he has on hand. If you do not need it now, you will in the coming months as we renew the fight against Letia and the other nations."

Lord Charles Heston receives Pure Water! (can be traded before battle)

"Is there anything else I can do for my Lord before I head out to make the arrangements?"

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

// Lord's Party! // Charles Heston, Kristii, Mordecai, and Tirena Nerarand are in!

// Recruitment Party! // Trakri Vendison, Vara, Nanoha Kaname, and Christoph Lorenz are in!

Battle will begin after the Lord's Command!

(You have time for out of battle introductions - though even after start you can "retroactively RP" this period to some extent - and each party can retroactively RP the period it was together)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 03:46:31 am by Glowcat »
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 10:41:24 pm »

"Hmmph. So he's the Lord, huh? Well at least it means that it's time to get this all started. The sooner we get this over with, the sooner we can start fighting the real enemy."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 10:41:39 pm »

A pale man among Lord Heston's party tugged at the hood of his robe, attempting to keep out of direct light.

: "Blasted sun. I would rather be in my library."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 10:47:35 pm »

Walking by Charles' side was a raggedy blonde girl with a sword (not even with a sheath) poking out from under her cloak.
:"Oh, we've got this! Just have to stab an old guy and a bunch of dusty dead people, that doesn't sound too bad. And then I'll have a whole new castle to squat in! Without having to worry about getting kicked out!"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 10:50:29 pm »

"Hello to all of you. My name is Vara. What are your names?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 11:24:43 pm »

: "Hmm. You are...one of the mercenaries? I am Mordecai Hoth, librarian and servant to the royal family."

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 11:33:41 pm »

Charles listened intently to Harold's information. He'd started to rely on him ever since leaving home and having him suddenly announce he wouldn't be with them for the battle made him feel uneasy. But it was apparently a right of passage and he couldn't rely on Harold for that, it was a test of his ability to both fight and lead. If he couldn't do that there would be no place for him in Molvonia even when the war ended since it'd only be a matter of time before they were at war again. Unless this war somehow made the royal family more careful about warring with the other countries. He looked over the group he managed gather.

Far from anything I'd expected but that describes this entire scenario... I'll have to work hard to become someone worthy of leading them.

He turned to Harold, gratefully accepting the vial of Pure Water.
"Thank you, Harold, I'll make sure to use it to it's fullest." He paused to think, did he need anything else? Not that he could think of now. "No, that will be all," he said, dismissing him. "Stay safe."

Walking by Charles' side was a raggedy blonde girl with a sword (not even with a sheath) poking out from under her cloak.
:"Oh, we've got this! Just have to stab an old guy and a bunch of dusty dead people, that doesn't sound too bad. And then I'll have a whole new castle to squat in! Without having to worry about getting kicked out!"

Charles couldn't help but ease up a little at Kristii's enthusiasm.
"I doubt it'll be that easy but I'm confident in everyone's ability to fight... And hey, you might've just tagged along but you're officially one of my retainers, that means work." Despite saying that, he didn't actually intend to make her, or anyone save Harold really, do more than guard his life.

"Hello to all of you. My name is Vara. What are your names?"

"I am Charles Heston, second son of the Heston family. It is a pleasure to meet you Vara."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 11:34:29 pm »

"Yeah, I suppose I'm a mercenary. Kinda new to it all but yes. Sword user, theoretically have some sort of magic affinity if the rest of my family is any indication, though if I do it hasn't shown itself yet. Guessing you're a magic user of some sort. And it's good to meet you, sir."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2015, 11:54:28 pm »

:"Pfffffff, work. I guess I can find things useful for ya or something, I dunno.

Oh, and by the way, Vara, my name's Kristii.
"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 11:57:34 pm »

"Nice to meet you. See you're a sword user too. Always nice to meet another."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 12:00:22 am »

"Yeah, I suppose I'm a mercenary. Kinda new to it all but yes. Sword user, theoretically have some sort of magic affinity if the rest of my family is any indication, though if I do it hasn't shown itself yet. Guessing you're a magic user of some sort. And it's good to meet you, sir."
: "Yes, I use magic. Please be aware, I am told that my magic can be frightening to witness. I request that you refrain from attacking me out of panic or fear. However, I am interested in seeing what sort of magic you possess."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 12:06:35 am »

"Hmmph, dark magic then? I'm not scared of that. As for me... Haven't shown any use of it so far as I know. Just... rest of my family far back as we can remember could use some sort of magic. So my parents always assumed I probably could too."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2015, 12:09:15 am »

: "The term 'ancient magic' is more accurate...but yes, I use what is commonly referred to as dark magic."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2015, 12:18:12 am »

"Close enough. Trust me, I have some experience in dark magic and what it entails."
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 12:25:51 am by Swordstar »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 67