Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 67

Author Topic: [FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Chapter 1  (Read 65959 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: [FEF] [IC Thread] The Path to Liberty - Chapter 1
« Reply #825 on: April 26, 2015, 07:24:53 pm »

Kristii glanced at the group of horsemen and turned, jingling and clanking as she did so with all the loot.
:"Oh, Charlie? He's off chasing one of the bandits, you'll have to wait for him to come back, guy."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 26, 2015, 07:33:37 pm »

"Perhaps you could stay at the castle? I could do with a roommate, as it were. And another helper would always be wanted around."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 26, 2015, 07:35:21 pm »

Mordecai walked up to Charles. Looks like there would be no more bloodshed for the moment.

: "Have you decided to spare this one, Lord Heston? An interesting choice for one of the bandits who has attacked your fief."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 26, 2015, 07:45:02 pm »

"She caused no harm to us and actually provided helpful information. I may regret it later, but i will not capture her and lock her away for that."

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 26, 2015, 07:46:36 pm »

Danira takes the opportunity to mourn her family's death. Charles's somehow feels that she might not be eager to take up his offer to stay there.

Kristii glanced at the group of horsemen and turned, jingling and clanking as she did so with all the loot.
:"Oh, Charlie? He's off chasing one of the bandits, you'll have to wait for him to come back, guy."

"Hrmph. Then he won't mind if I..."

"Why do you look so familiar..."

The wyvern rider and aide assisted his lord's memory.

"She's the vagabond we found sleeping in the kitchen cellar after she ate the fanged bird, sir. The one imported live from Azun and prepared at your castle for the feast that day. The one that caused you a great disgr-"

Gritting his teeth the Count hissed "THANK YOU, LAYEK. That is quite enough."

Layek salutes "Yes sir!"

"Then at last I will have the opportunity to punish you!" Zhardif takes out a massive crossbow that seems capable of tearing a man's head clean from his shoulders. "Any last words?"

"Perhaps you could stay at the castle? I could do with a roommate, as it were. And another helper would always be wanted around."

"But you are, 'ow should I say, wid nobility. Certainly de baron will not want to take a silly peasant girl and 'er donkey to war, no?"
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 26, 2015, 07:50:16 pm »

Having decided to follow the scavenger, Vara frowned slightly at the nobles appearing. Somehow she doubted Charles would care who came to deliver the message. And then he pulled a bow on Kristii.

"We are members of the Baron's retinue. How *dare* you threaten one of us on the Baron's own land?"

Stepping in front of Kristii, she placed a hand on her sword's hilt.

"Lower your weapon and give us the message. We can deliver it just as well as you can, and I doubt the Baron would want someone who would threaten one of his retinue and one of his friends at his castle."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 26, 2015, 07:54:49 pm »

Kristii grinned as the bird was mentioned.
:"Oh, I remember that! That bird tasted pretty good."
...then out came the crossbow.
:"Oh wow, THAT is a big crossbow. Last words, last words, last wooord... hnn... Oh, it's Vara!"
Vara arrived at that moment... and even though Vara stepped in front of her, Kristii didn't like the odds with that biiig crossbow. So, just as Vara began demanding the lowering of the Count's weapon, Kristii gleefully leaped over the railing of the bridge and into the water below, intending to swim away, punctuating the end of the purple-haired swordswoman's sentence with a splash.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 07:57:12 pm by Powder Miner »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 26, 2015, 07:55:21 pm »

"Nonsense. We're got plenty of odd - a thief, a librarian, a blind archer, an old man, and Lilie. If you know your stuff, you'll fit right in."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 26, 2015, 07:56:52 pm »

Lilie solemnly heads back to the keep. She seems internally conflicted.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 26, 2015, 08:00:51 pm »

Vara was startled when Kristii jumped into the river, but she held her ground, facing down the mounted units in front of her.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 26, 2015, 08:03:04 pm »

Having decided to follow the scavenger, Vara frowned slightly at the nobles appearing. Somehow she doubted Charles would care who came to deliver the message. And then he pulled a bow on Kristii.

"We are members of the Baron's retinue. How *dare* you threaten one of us on the Baron's own land?"

Stepping in front of Kristii, she placed a hand on her sword's hilt.

"Lower your weapon and give us the message. We can deliver it just as well as you can, and I doubt the Baron would want someone who would threaten one of his retinue and one of his friends at his castle."

"How *DARE* you speak to me that way, peasant! You think that just because you wear the colors of royalty on your head that you are fit to speak to a Count?! This is why that insolence should have remained punishable. Freedom only encourages peasants to grow more insolent by the day."

"If you were not a noble's property I would kill you both where you stand. But since you are, I demand that you take me to one of my- equals." The final word came out roughly, as if the Count had to force himself to say it.

"Wait. Both, right? Where did the other one go?"

"Nonsense. We're got plenty of odd - a thief, a librarian, a blind archer, an old man, and Lilie. If you know your stuff, you'll fit right in."

"If dat is de case, we shall ask de Baron. Dank you for your 'ospitality Tirena."
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 08:06:06 pm by Glowcat »
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 26, 2015, 08:09:52 pm »

: "As you command, Lord Heston." He became aware of the ruckus back at the keep and hurried forward.

: "You are...Count Zhardif, yes? Why do you threaten one of Lord Heston's retainers?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 26, 2015, 08:10:54 pm »

"Excuse me? We are *not* his property. As for you being a Count, I don't care if you're the King. You threatened one of my companions, and I will not stand for that. As Kristii already said. The Baron is out chasing after one of the bandits. You can wait here until he returns."

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 26, 2015, 08:20:47 pm »

Charles returned with Mordecai. He didn't take kindly to the man's threats but knew better than to try and start something. For now at least. he whispered a quiet: "back down, please" to Vara as he passed her to stand in front of the count.

"Here I am Count Zhardif. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 26, 2015, 08:24:02 pm »

A little ways down the river, Kristii surfaced, putting her hands on the shore briefly to dart her head out of the water and see if the crossbow was still pointed at her... aaand Charles was there and all, great! Now utterly sopping wet, Kristii made her way over to the bridge again, walking up behind Charles.
:"Heyya Charlie! He's mad because I ate his bird once."
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 67