Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29

Author Topic: Re: Bloodlines of the Forii (Phoebus 40.24) - Save file too corrupted - sry guys  (Read 66567 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodlines of the Forii (Phoebus 40.24)
« Reply #180 on: February 27, 2015, 11:42:47 pm »

Since the Minor Clan members most likely will migrate here and there, which fort they begin in is less important than which civ.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 27, 2015, 11:46:13 pm »

The Saints graciously offer to take your inferior clan under their wing, with the understanding that they will appropriately worship the correct Forii.

i.e. Me.

Of course, you could decline, but, haha, you wouldn't want to do that, ehe ehehe, because it would be incredibly insulting, ahaha, and I'd take offense, ehehehe, and you don't want that, ah ha ha ha.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 28, 2015, 02:26:05 am »

Whichever eS is in.

Clan Usániden ( Murderpaddles )

I guess my character will be named "Ringo"
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 02:37:18 pm by CaptainMcClellan »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 28, 2015, 04:43:37 am »

edited to mend TMI.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 03:33:03 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

The Big D

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes bears for their fuzzy-wuzzyness
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 28, 2015, 07:11:44 am »

Whichever eS is in.

Clan Usániden ( Murderpaddles )

The threat actually made me near renege on that. :P I respect you and consider us to be "friends-in-progress", ( or amicable acquaintances, if you prefer ) no need for emotional blackmail. XD Also, I'm sorry if I took things too seriously, I do that. Especially lately. ._. ( I think I've started to lack the ability to properly process sarcasm. I can register it just fine, but then my brain outputs these weird, totally serious and esoteric responses littered with non sequitir comments about my strange change and behaviour and the absurdity of one or more things tangentially related to the situation at hand. With like, half apology explanations like I can't help it... Which it's starting to seem like I really can't. :| I hope it's not related to the weird headaches and the temporary loss of speech functions I've been suffering lately. I do not need a degenerative nerve disease. Pray for me please, I'm starting to become legitimately worried. )

I believe you are reacting in a personal manner to a post that was placed "in character" for a game role, and this discontinuity may be the cause for your confusion.  DF is a hobby.  The moment it becomes deeply upsetting is the moment we need to put it away and get another hobby.

If you are deeply worried about the possibility of a degenerative nerve disease, the best course of action is to consult a physician.  It may also be a hormone maladjustment or even a just vitamin deficiency, (both of which are easily remedied) but until you get it checked out your fear will increase the symptoms' severity as your anxiety ratchets up your cortisol levels.  More than prayer, what you need are concrete facts.

I stopped listening at non-sequitir. Also fixed the spelling probs.
I just have this terrible mental picture of this beet-looking thing bursting out of someone's stomach and being like "Neeeeed phosphaaaaates"
If it's magma resistant, mod it so it's not!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 28, 2015, 02:36:22 pm »

- snip -
I believe you are reacting in a personal manner to a post that was placed "in character" for a game role, and this discontinuity may be the cause for your confusion.  DF is a hobby.  The moment it becomes deeply upsetting is the moment we need to put it away and get another hobby.

If you are deeply worried about the possibility of a degenerative nerve disease, the best course of action is to consult a physician.  It may also be a hormone maladjustment or even a just vitamin deficiency, (both of which are easily remedied) but until you get it checked out your fear will increase the symptoms' severity as your anxiety ratchets up your cortisol levels.  More than prayer, what you need are concrete facts.
Haha. Maybe I will take a break. In the mean time, I think I'm going to edit my last comment.

It probably is a vitamin deficiency or a hormone thing. I go Monday to get a self-scheduled check-up appointment and am going to talk about that then and find out what's going on with my leg and back pain too. I'm going to also get some basic bloodwork done. It may sound paranoid over the internet, but given family history of thyroid disease, scoliosis, and blood-sugar problems and that I haven't had a checkup in a year and a half it seems pretty reasonable. As per my cortisol levels, I attribute that more to the stress of college and the instability that sometimes plagues my home. I'll have concrete facts soon, I hope. Pray for me anyway, though? It does help and at very least it keeps down my stress to know people are doing so.

The Big D

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes bears for their fuzzy-wuzzyness
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 01, 2015, 05:12:54 am »

- snip -

Haha. Maybe I will take a break. In the mean time, I think I'm going to edit my last comment.

It probably is a vitamin deficiency or a hormone thing. I go Monday to get a self-scheduled check-up appointment and am going to talk about that then and find out what's going on with my leg and back pain too. I'm going to also get some basic bloodwork done. It may sound paranoid over the internet, but given family history of thyroid disease, scoliosis, and blood-sugar problems and that I haven't had a checkup in a year and a half it seems pretty reasonable. As per my cortisol levels, I attribute that more to the stress of college and the instability that sometimes plagues my home. I'll have concrete facts soon, I hope. Pray for me anyway, though? It does help and at very least it keeps down my stress to know people are doing so.
You'll be there on Sunday mate.
I just have this terrible mental picture of this beet-looking thing bursting out of someone's stomach and being like "Neeeeed phosphaaaaates"
If it's magma resistant, mod it so it's not!

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 01, 2015, 05:44:41 am »

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a succession fort where each player gets 2 years fort mode their first time around then 2 seasons fort mode and 15 days (14 nights) adventure mode every time their turn comes after. The purpose in fort mode is to become king/queen and the purpose in adventure mode is to kill off other dwarf clans or clean up/do heroics. Am I correct so far? I do like it when there's a tldr. Anyways, if you have room for another clan I would like to join.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 01, 2015, 05:54:44 am »

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a succession fort where each player gets 2 years fort mode their first time around then 2 seasons fort mode and 15 days (14 nights) adventure mode every time their turn comes after. The purpose in fort mode is to become king/queen and the purpose in adventure mode is to kill off other dwarf clans or clean up/do heroics. Am I correct so far? I do like it when there's a tldr. Anyways, if you have room for another clan I would like to join.

If you read the 1st post on page 1, I've kept it updated with everything you need to provide to join the game. 

This is more of a succession world god game.  Each Player manages their own fortress (AKA the "Clan Home") on their turn, and may choose to also play an adventurer for up to the maximum time of 15 days (14 nights).  What the adventurer does is up to each Player on their turn.

As of right now, all five of the Major Clan spots have been filled, but you can set up a Minor Clan and be ready to grab one of those slots when/if one of the Big Five are knocked out.  Considering the state of paranoia a couple of these Forii seem to be operating under, I expect there'll be a series of escalating "incidents" between Clans sooner rather than later, so you shouldn't be kept waiting too long.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 06:21:12 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 01, 2015, 07:32:17 am »

All right then, as head of clan "Itsatrap?!" I would like to be a part of The Lush Federation. My clan specializes in animal training, war rhinos anyone? No? Want another animal? No matter what it may be, clan Itsatrap?! will tame it for you. *No guarantee said animals won't tear you limb from limb, forgotten beasts not included.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 01, 2015, 08:27:40 am »

OK.  Any particular Lush Federation fortress you want to start in, or will the next to come along be good enough?

All right then, as head of clan "Itsatrap?!" I would like to be a part of The Lush Federation. My clan specializes in animal training, war rhinos anyone? No? Want another animal? No matter what it may be, clan Itsatrap?! will tame it for you. *No guarantee said animals won't tear you limb from limb, forgotten beasts not included.

It should be noted that if the animals do tear them limb from limb, that they'll do so while fully tamed...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 08:30:39 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 01, 2015, 07:12:36 pm »

Do minor clans get a turn?

If so, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of keeping the Major Clan List low?

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 01, 2015, 07:19:19 pm »

As I understand it, no, they just get dorfed in other clan's forts
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 01, 2015, 08:22:50 pm »

As stated on the first page:
Dorfed characters who are not part of the "Big Five" represent the "Minor clans".  If one of the Big Five gets knocked out of play, it is the Players on this waitlist who still have a surviving dorf, (or at least the spouse/children of the dorf still survive according to Legends mode), who will be invited to fill that slot.  The ranking will be by the number of dorfs in a Minor clan - more is better!
Forii are able to sponsor a new clan if theirs dies out, but the limit is one Clan per Forii at a time.

Minor Clans specialize in one profession: the one of their founder.  Children of Minor Clans are always renamed with their Clan name ASAP and any that grow to adulthood must be given the same profession as the Clan founder before any others are assigned.

Basically, members of Minor Clans exist in a kind of "Community game" fashion.  Their children's Clan names and (if they survive to adulthood) professions are updated by whoever has the ability to do so, but otherwise their Forii have no direct control over what they do and they have no Clan Home of their own (yet.)

The purpose of Minor Clans is to "hold a place in line" for when one of the Major Clans has expired from total member loss.  The Player whose Minor Clan has the most population at that time gets first dibs on claiming Major Clan status as a replacement and the defeated Forii is welcome to sponsor a new Minor Clan of their own to possibly get back into the game at a later date.

(Incidentally, we may eventually see a Minor Clan accidentally be the one to meet a goal before any of the Major Clans do, in which case I'm willing to immediately change that Clan into a sixth Major Clan as a reward, just because that would be such a weird fluke.  Also, it's a neat way to explain why there are five Major Clans right now vs three or nine.  "It's because way back in the mists of legend there was just two Major Clans, but after awhile one Minor Clan then another rose suddenly to power until there were five Clans actively competing for power..."  It also helps in the other direction, if a Major Clan's Forii misses a couple turns because they suddenly disappear for some reason, and there aren't any Minor Clans to take their place, the Big Five might become the Big Four or the Big Three just as easily.)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 08:31:27 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 02, 2015, 12:28:04 am »

OK.  Any particular Lush Federation fortress you want to start in, or will the next to come along be good enough?

It should be noted that if the animals do tear them limb from limb, that they'll do so while fully tamed...

Oh any fort that becomes available really, my travelling companions and I sometimes go from town to town selling our beasts and for now we simply wish to have a place where we can train a greater variety of animals in (relative) peace. Well, that and we would rather not be connected to the carnage that somehow befalls each town that we've gone through.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29