Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29

Author Topic: Re: Bloodlines of the Forii (Phoebus 40.24) - Save file too corrupted - sry guys  (Read 66513 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodlines of the Forii (Phoebus 40.24) - Now Playing: The Saint Clan
« Reply #330 on: March 30, 2015, 02:00:01 am »

Lookin' forward to reading those new histories!
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 31, 2015, 02:02:07 am »

Test for forum time...

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 31, 2015, 08:26:15 am »

Oh, crud, I'm sorry! I was distracted with TLCM, I forgot all about this.  I can have it finished by midnight, if you'll allow the extension.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 31, 2015, 02:35:58 pm »

OK, but in the future, I'd appreciate it if extensions are asked for BEFORE the deadline has passed.  Not trying to be snarky, but if the next person in line had accepted and downloaded the save already, your turn would have been skipped.  You can post the save file first then the post about it later if you'd like.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 31, 2015, 02:45:12 pm »

I know, and I'm sorry. I'll be at my computer in an hour or two

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 31, 2015, 03:20:38 pm »

OK, np

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 31, 2015, 09:26:09 pm »

I...am having some severe issues. 

The installer application has been giving me fits and stopping at 97%.

And when I can get it loaded, I can't load up Hammercrown and unretire my fort.  (just mine, funny enough.  I can load up other peoples and start new ones.)

And when I start a new adventurer, the game always crashes within a day.  I don't know if I can take my turn, and frankly I've taken too long already to spend more time fucking with it.  I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop my turn and go down a spot on the list.  I'm very sorry, everyone.

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 31, 2015, 10:27:57 pm »

The installer application has been giving me fits and stopping at 97%.
And when I start a new adventurer, the game always crashes within a day.

Sometimes I had issues with adventurers in other games when I had twtb turned on. As for the installer stopping at 97%, I have no clue why it would do that.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 31, 2015, 11:04:49 pm »

I could stop it at 97% and it seems to be downloaded fully, but...I dunno.  No one else seemed to have problems dl'ing the save and opening it up, maybe it's just me?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 01, 2015, 02:19:45 am »

I had some issues with the auto-downloader as well.  It's auto-extracted past 95% on me a time or two before getting stuck as well.  A few tries and it sorts itself out, but it seems a bit random.  I'd prefer if the files were encrypted using another system instead, since now I know it's not just my laptop.  I just checked the files and we should be good now.  I've translated the download to a .zip file instead, so it should unzip easily enough now.

Embarking from Hammercrown crashes the game.  Xominac:  Do you still have a copy of the save from before you placed it in the self-extracting file compressor?  If not, I'll have to roll the game history back to before that turn and have everyone play their turn before you get to play your two year set-up anew.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 04:14:09 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodlines of the Forii (Phoebus 40.24) - Waiting for xominac's answer
« Reply #341 on: April 02, 2015, 04:22:15 pm »

Right, I'll wait on xominac for an answer until Saturday the 4th, if there's no answer by then, I'll roll back the turn to before his Clan was founded.

If xominxac is able to post his save file in a different compression format (like .zip or .rar), the continuing turn list will be:
6.   EvictedSaint: 2 seasons + adventurer
7.   neblime: 2 seasons + adventurer
8.   Timeless Bob: 2 seasons + adventurer
9.   Iituem: 2 seasons + adventurer
10. xominxac: 2 seasons + adventurer

If xominxac is unable to post his save file in a different compression format (like .zip or .rar), the continuing turn list will be:
6.   neblime: 2 seasons + adventurer
7.   Timeless Bob: 2 seasons + adventurer
8.   Iituem: 2 seasons + adventurer
9.   xominxac: 2 years Clanhome set-up
10. EvictedSaint: 2 seasons + adventurer
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 04:24:09 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 02, 2015, 09:42:15 pm »

I had some issues with the auto-downloader as well.  It's auto-extracted past 95% on me a time or two before getting stuck as well.  A few tries and it sorts itself out, but it seems a bit random.  I'd prefer if the files were encrypted using another system instead, since now I know it's not just my laptop.  I just checked the files and we should be good now.  I've translated the download to a .zip file instead, so it should unzip easily enough now.

Embarking from Hammercrown crashes the game.  Xominac:  Do you still have a copy of the save from before you placed it in the self-extracting file compressor?  If not, I'll have to roll the game history back to before that turn and have everyone play their turn before you get to play your two year set-up anew.

Yeah I do. Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a few days. Stomach flu struck my house out of the blue, I'm uploading a different version of the save now. How is this one working out for you? If that doesn't work then I'll try again. I have multiple saves (one for legends).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 10:07:12 pm by xominxac »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 02, 2015, 10:13:57 pm »

Yeah I do. Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a few days. Stomach flu struck my house out of the blue, I'm uploading a different version of the save now. How is this one working out for you? If that doesn't work then I'll try again. I have multiple saves (one for legends).

It won't extract using 7-zip, which usually has no trouble with .rar files.  I get an error: "archive unable to be extracted"  Are you able to extract it on your system after re-downloading a copy?

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 03, 2015, 02:09:54 pm »

It won't extract using 7-zip, which usually has no trouble with .rar files.  I get an error: "archive unable to be extracted"  Are you able to extract it on your system after re-downloading a copy?

This time it will work.  >:( I used a different type of compression software even though the ending is still rar. Link
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 02:30:46 pm by xominxac »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29