Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29

Author Topic: Re: Bloodlines of the Forii (Phoebus 40.24) - Save file too corrupted - sry guys  (Read 66210 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodlines of the Forii (Phoebus 40.24) - Stonecleaver Clan's Turn
« Reply #390 on: April 14, 2015, 02:33:42 pm »

I left Cagearmors untouched, iirc.  I made the conscious decision to pass it by, even though it was within convenient murder-distance of Hammercrown.

Just as a clarification: Only those dwarves with a Clan name are actually part of a clan.  All that destroying the entire population of dwarves named and unnamed alike will do is limit emigration of trained non-clan dwarves to another site. (Due the the fact of their demise.)  Oddly enough, with so few few surviving dwarves in that civ, surviving Clan members now have a greater chance of being named King/Queen if the current King/Queen and their heirs "have a mischief" in the future.  Even more interesting is that with so few Clan members surviving, getting the Sybil to be the one with that title is more likely than it would have been otherwise when the Clan was more populous.

Like I said before, "assassinations lead to a great deal of complexity"
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 02:36:59 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 14, 2015, 03:05:27 pm »

There is literally no problem that can't be solved with a sufficient amount of murder, Bob.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 14, 2015, 03:06:30 pm »

There is literally no problem that can't be solved with a sufficient amount of murder, Bob.

No?  How about "not enough dwarves"? Or ooo: My ice cream landed on the sidewalk...

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 14, 2015, 03:22:53 pm »

« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 03:54:38 pm by evictedSaint »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 14, 2015, 03:26:05 pm »

Are you by any chance an American tourist?

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 14, 2015, 05:35:32 pm »

I left Cagearmors untouched, iirc.  I made the conscious decision to pass it by, even though it was within convenient murder-distance of Hammercrown.
not sure why you would do that, big mistake.  Not saying the stonecleavers would have gone like lambs to the slaughter of course...
p.s. fortress mode done, it's hard to get anything done when so many dwarves have emigrated away :\
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 05:37:37 pm by neblime »
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 14, 2015, 05:47:11 pm »

starting an adventurer in cagearmors keeps crashing with the message "nemesis unit load failed"
anyone have any idea what the hell this is?
edit - looked up this thread and we do seem to be missing a lot of unit files.  I will redownload the save and see if they are there
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 05:48:51 pm by neblime »
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 14, 2015, 06:04:41 pm »

"Nemesis unit load failed":

This bug was encountered in the original 34.11 Museum game too.  Pretty much it's an individual entity (often coming in with migrants or a caravan) with a corrupted code that makes it so that an area or fortress already visited before is unable to be loaded, which crashes the game.  I see individuals like that as little bundles of Primal Chaos in the form of entities that may make an area unplayable until they decide to emigrate elsewhere.  Frustrating as hell when they decide to come visiting and you lose a year or so to game crash.

Try loading then unloading fortress mode Cagearmors again, maybe that'll fix the problem.  (copy the save first though, just in case.)

Apparently, "nemesis units" are any entity that isn't flagged as coming from your civ, so may possibly be hostile.

From the bug forums: "the "nemesis unit load failed" error message means that one of the unit-*.dat files in your fortress's directory (specifically, the one that contains a particular historical figure, generally one you've met previously) is either missing or corrupted."
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 06:16:30 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Elagn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 14, 2015, 06:14:26 pm »

I've been reading this, and just so you know, cage traps do absolutely nothing to adventurers. It would kinda just mess up the mode to be stuck in an inescapable cage out on the field until you starved to death. Other traps DO work though, and if the gearmighty clan ever gets to make a mountainhome, I will design it so if adventurers atack, they will not survive long.
"Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" Einstein

"Measure what is measurable and make measurable what is not so" Galileo

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 14, 2015, 06:17:21 pm »

I've been reading this, and just so you know, cage traps do absolutely nothing to adventurers. It would kinda just mess up the mode to be stuck in an inescapable cage out on the field until you starved to death. Other traps DO work though, and if the gearmighty clan ever gets to make a mountainhome, I will design it so if adventurers attack, they will not survive long.

The way this game's shaping up, you may get that sooner than you think!

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 14, 2015, 08:08:48 pm »

Is there any way to repair a nemesis unit?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 14, 2015, 10:40:14 pm »

Is there any way to repair a nemesis unit?

Not that I know of - it's an error that has bugged (pun intended) DF since the v0.32 days.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 15, 2015, 12:08:14 am »

Apparently, "nemesis units" are any entity that isn't flagged as coming from your civ, so may possibly be hostile.

From the bug forums: "the "nemesis unit load failed" error message means that one of the unit-*.dat files in your fortress's directory (specifically, the one that contains a particular historical figure, generally one you've met previously) is either missing or corrupted."
well i had some creatures chained up, do you think getting rid of them might fix? retiring and unretiring did not

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 15, 2015, 12:24:53 am »

well i had some creatures chained up, do you think getting rid of them might fix? retiring and unretiring did not

That might do it, or possibly we'll have to take a quick vote on whether in the event of a "nemesis unit load failed" error, that an adventurer can be started from some other non-Clan place instead?

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 15, 2015, 10:40:47 am »

The nemisis error makes things difficult. It essentially removes an entire clanhome from play.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29