Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29

Author Topic: Re: Bloodlines of the Forii (Phoebus 40.24) - Save file too corrupted - sry guys  (Read 66325 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Bloodlines (Pheobus 40.24)
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2015, 04:38:53 pm »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Okay, I'm gonna restart.  I think my "compressed saves" were on, which has a history of fucking up my df games.

Please don't extend the due date.  It's not fair to other people, and I don't think I'll need it, anyways.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2015, 06:56:16 pm »

Okay.  Let's try this again.

Seven aimless dwarves.  Two years of reign over this mortal world.  It's not much time to build a Clan that will shape the course of history, but with the guidance of a Forii I know that these little creatures can surprise me.  The world is a small one, with fertile soil and strong workers.  I suppose the inhabitants should feel blessed that a Forii has decided to lower his gaze onto their little world.  We Forii are greater than dwarves, yet are not quite gods.  "Muse" is a more appropriate description.  In many ways, we're more powerful than gods, for we can sway the thoughts and lives of those under our control.

Faith.  Charity.  Strength.

These three ideals will guide the future of the seven I've chosen to take under my name.  Though they may start small now, soon they will grow in number and power, until the shining light of my Saints will cleanse the evil from this world and make it one worth living. I must hurry, though; other Forii may soon come and attempt to sway the world in a new direction. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I've already picked a suitable place to found the Clan.  Flux stone for temples, metal for weapons, and soil for farms.  No aquifer either, so the roots of this great clan can grow deep.  The mountain sits close by.  This land is fertile and begs for development.

Towers rise in the distance.  Evil stirs within.  This fortress will be born in that evil's heart and burn it out from within.  There will be no evil in this world once I've cleansed it.  Those who practice Necromancy will be punished and cast down, and their towers will become a monument to the Gods and the Forii who brought it all about.

The West Hammer.  Seems suitable.  I draw the seven from their beds and pull them together.  Dwarves are by far the most easy to influence.  The seven I've chosen are the first of their kind; orphans of unknown parentage.  Perfect to start with.

I take a closer look at their souls to divine which will be my Sybil - the embodiment of my direct will

A solid group of Dwarves, to be sure.  They will do just fine.  Capable hands, sharp minds, yet easy to influence and bend.  Perfect.

The countryside is beautiful.  Lovely sloping hills, trees for timber.  No clean water, though.  We'll have to address that.

Rain.  Always rain.  The walls of my temple will be slick with constant precipitation.  It will make construction dangerous.  I make a mental note to build the hospital next.  It'll double as a dormitory until the Halfway Home is built with free beds for the homeless.  The Seven will, of course, sleep in the temple as my Clergy.  They and their kin will staff the Temple to lead the masses in the ways of the Saints.

I've got a good feeling about this Fortress, which I've taken the liberty of naming Peacefulabbey.  Nothing can go wrong.

It hasn't even been a full season yet. 

It seems as though a single zombie has wandered into our lands.  Perhaps a scout from the tower to the north?  This can't be good.

I assemble the Clan into a squad.  The Axes of Light seems to be a suitable name.  I don't see a necromancer, so the battle should be short...but violent.

A tick later the zombie flees the map.  A lot of panic for nothing.  Thankfully no battle occured, but it leaves an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach.  This won't be the last of it.  I know that for sure.  We need walls, and warriors.  We need them soon.  The Towers will be back.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 08:50:29 pm by evictedSaint »

The Big D

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes bears for their fuzzy-wuzzyness
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2015, 08:52:13 pm »

Love it saint. This will be spectacular.
I just have this terrible mental picture of this beet-looking thing bursting out of someone's stomach and being like "Neeeeed phosphaaaaates"
If it's magma resistant, mod it so it's not!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2015, 04:03:17 am »

I'm too tired to write up how my FIRST FUCKING YEAR went right now, but if you want a preview I have a photo album here.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2015, 12:28:00 pm »

So - you already have a king?  I guess we need to make it a Last King Standing thing if it's that easy. (Which also means that there are VERY FEW surviving dwarves on the island - also worrisome.)
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

The Big D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2015, 05:21:34 pm »

AAAAAAND saint wins, cos he claimed position of king. IN THE FIRST FUCKING YEAR! Goddamnit.
I just have this terrible mental picture of this beet-looking thing bursting out of someone's stomach and being like "Neeeeed phosphaaaaates"

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2015, 06:30:53 pm »

good game everyone, you can go home now
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2015, 08:07:10 pm »

You know, I'm king of the West Hammer, and there's like, two dozen other dwarven mountain homes.  You can be king of a different mountain home.  Maybe we can attempt to wipe out rival clans?  That wouldnt be too hard, since I've lost two of my seven already when they hopped the wall to smack a fully armored uber-.40 version-mega zombies with their wooden crossbows.

The reason pop is so low is because the world is only 20 years old and its a Small map.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2015, 08:35:34 pm »

I think trying to wipe each other out is a better goal, with new clans/players arising as old clans/players are knocked out of the game
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2015, 10:04:12 pm »

My clan is very weak.  My spot is too close to towers, all above ground, useless stone, and the only metal is a few clusters of gold.  Plus we're besieged by zombies.

The Big D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2015, 01:29:40 am »

Isn't it obvious? Use the gold boulders for catapult ammo and rockfall traps. Also, why not set up inter-fort trade using adventurers and companions as pack mules? Aww man, we've got to do this again once toady implements adventurers being able to lead trade caravans, along with the temples and taverns.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2015, 03:30:37 am »

Peasant companions can act as "load bearers" in a wagonless adventurer led caravan I suppose.  Does the King of the West Hammer offer golden riches to those who can break the zombie seige?  If so, other clans may benefit from their plight, trading in weapons, armors and food what the West Hammer can afford in golden trade-goods.  What say the Forii?

Also, unless the Sybil is the one named "King", then no-one has yet won the contest, for the agreed upon goal is:
Be the first Forii to crown their Avatar "King" or "Queen" of one of the civs

It is the intention of the Fates most Cruel to give that Forii who fulfills the first goal the authority to both choose its successor, and uncover a further Mystery...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 04:40:56 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2015, 04:04:16 am »

Uh...okay, then I'll just murder the king repeatedly until it lands on my sybil.  Easy.

And yes; the King of the West Hammer is offering many fine golden goods to those who bring the heads of necromancers and their vile slabs to my Temple of Saints.  A steel weapon is given freely to those who wish to take this quest, on the condition that it will be used put the dead back to death and bring justice to the perpetrator of this vile injustice against the Natural Order
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 04:07:35 am by evictedSaint »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2015, 04:23:20 am »

Wait a minute, wait a minute... Something is seriously wrong here.  I just re-downloaded the save file in the first page, and it's a different history and map than the one that Saint posted.  RL slammed me, so I only skimmed the posts and reacted to them, but now that I've had the time to read all the back-posts, I see the island being used isn't the modified chessboard with two (2!) civs of dwarves I generated the world with!

Here's the map in the download link:

I'm willing to use the one that Saint's been working on, however, since I didn't immediately catch the accidental switch.

Saint: when you post the save, if your Sybil is the King/Queen, then your prize is to choose what the next goal after having made your Sybil the King/Queen will be.  I had some other surprises set up for the world itself that I might be able to shoe-horn into the one you've been playing.  I didn't expect to have to say so, so early in the game, but DF has a way of changing expectations, doesn't it?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 04:48:57 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

The Big D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2015, 04:59:53 am »

Hey bob? In the image of the dl map, why are some tiles minecraft leaves and saplings?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29