Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29

Author Topic: Re: Bloodlines of the Forii (Phoebus 40.24) - Save file too corrupted - sry guys  (Read 66468 times)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodlines of the Forii (Phoebus 40.24)
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2015, 10:27:48 pm »

just about to post
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2015, 10:45:56 pm »

Another Forii has touched this world..
but only one it seems.  I can sense his disgusting influence on the dwarves in the north.
I want nothing to do with the now corrupted civilization the other forii chose.  I cast my eyes instead upon the other
dwarves who live largely in the southeast of this world.  I will show them true strength, and hopefully, they can cast the other forii out by killing his chosen dwarves
Cagearmors will be my bastion on this world, and the dwarves who live there shall be my flesh and bones.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
One dwarf seems stronger than the rest.  He shall lead my dwarves on this world.
as for the other dwarves, they shall be put through great trials, but hopefully prove themselves my worthy servants.

A flat plateau dominating the forest below will be the site of my great stronghold,

the dwarves work busily for a few weeks, then a caravan arrives
already the influence of the other forii on this world is apparent.
one of the dwarves who serves the other forii actually arrived at my fortress!  probably attempting to proselytize the word
of his master to my dwarves. I order my dwarves to construct a prison for him, and promptly lock him in it.  however he soon
escapes, and....... builds a grate?
truly these dwarves have been touched by an insane being
An elven caravan arrived, and two of my chosen dwarves killed the merchants and took their wares. This is clan
stonecleaver!  we do not trade with elves, we murder them!
Their wooden crafts are useless but they do have useful cloth and drinks to plunder
Another three saints arrived at the fortress, and were imprisoned with the other.
soon I will have their whole clan as my prisoners!  Perhaps they can sense my presence and mistake it for their resting
master?

Work for the remaining year went steadily, and some of my chosen dwarves, and a squad of lesser dwarves are prepared for war
should it find us. 
now however I must rest, I can only hope the other forii cannot muster much energy.
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2015, 11:05:44 pm »

annnnnnnnd heres the save
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10617
so, as expected dwarves did migrate between player fortresses (even though I was a different civilization),
I think my policy will be not to harm anyone in fortress mode, but I will cleanse my fortresses with no mercy in adventure mode

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2015, 11:25:32 pm »

Dang, I guess not much happened during your play through, huh?  I was kinda hoping to see what your fort looked like.

And clearly my Saints are just taking pity on your pathetic dwarves.  They clearly need DECENT leadership, which is why my lovely little altruists decided to grace your dirty mud-grubbers with their presence.  You should have treated them as honored guests, not prisoners. 

*The Saints will remember this.*

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2015, 11:27:48 pm »

Dang, I guess not much happened during your play through, huh?  I was kinda hoping to see what your fort looked like.
pfft, so you could find weaknesses in my defences?
(which definitely exist)
edit: also my artifacts were really boring so i didnt post about those either.  A quiet two years is good for setting up though
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 12:30:44 am by neblime »

The Big D

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes bears for their fuzzy-wuzzyness
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 24, 2015, 01:04:54 am »

Alrighty then!!! Looking forward to bob's turn.
I just have this terrible mental picture of this beet-looking thing bursting out of someone's stomach and being like "Neeeeed phosphaaaaates"
If it's magma resistant, mod it so it's not!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 24, 2015, 02:13:54 am »

Yeeeessss...  I see...

Downloading now.

Word to the wise: MAKE SURE you retire your fort (and later your adventurers) before posting the save, if you want to keep secret things secret, that is.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 02:31:27 am by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 24, 2015, 02:39:07 am »

pfft, so you could find weaknesses in my defences?

* evictedSaint sighs, downloads your save file, and unretires your fortress.

Oh, so that's what it looks like.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 24, 2015, 05:40:44 am »

Word to the wise: MAKE SURE you retire your fort (and later your adventurers) before posting the save, if you want to keep secret things secret, that is.
oh.....
well I demand a bonus 5 year turn to make up for this unfair disadvantage

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2015, 06:23:30 am »

The department of "It Specifically Said So in the OP" will take your demand under consideration - your demand is important to us,  please hold 50 to 90 years for the department council's reply... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDFTB1jP8cU

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

The Big D

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes bears for their fuzzy-wuzzyness
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 24, 2015, 03:55:13 pm »

*sits at computer for 84 years, only moving to reach for the pantry or tap for water. Staring mournfully at the long dead bloodlines of the forii thread, waiting... Waiting... Outside neblimes house, the jetsons has become a reality. An old crumbling hovel, the only inhabited dwelling on the surface of earth, sits slouching, crumbling around the old hermit inside, formerly known as neblime. Wait! WHAT IS THIS? A new post from Timeless Bob! AN ANSWER TO THE AGE OLD QUESTION! What has he... Wait... NOOOOO! There on the screen are the words "sorry neblime, but Saint was in the right on this one.*
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 04:06:03 pm by The Big D »
I just have this terrible mental picture of this beet-looking thing bursting out of someone's stomach and being like "Neeeeed phosphaaaaates"
If it's magma resistant, mod it so it's not!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 24, 2015, 06:06:16 pm »

What's this?  Another challenge to while away the boredom of eternity?  Don't mind if I do!  I see two others have set their marks on this world - one's going for ethical might, the other for military.  It seems they've forgotten what these little fleshbags seem to hold so dear: Food and Drink!  I think I'll just set my mark in this little world by introducing a Clan of elite samurai chefs and brew-ninjas.

Look out, World, here come the Goodbrews Clan!

Let's see... The Lush Fortifications seems to be at war with the locals, so if I place my Clan home slightly farther away from the warring goblins than those Stonecleaver fellows, then the gobs will attack them first and my little fleshbags will just have to clean up the rest...  We need a place defensible from three fronts... this mountainous cul-de-sac should do nicely.  Since the physics of this World prohibit buildings taller than the highest elevation, we'll just place the tower's base down here...  All these fruit trees should be wonderful to brew and bake - many many delicious dishes should follow.

You see that mountain directly behind the tower?  It's 54 urists tall - which means the Tower has a maximum of 55 levels of twisty labyrinthine goodness before it has to "diversify".  That should keep my little fleshbags busy for awhile!

28th Obsidian, Year 24
   Mother Goodbrews, the Chosen Vessel, was inspired today to create a cedar weapon rack of surpassing beauty, which she has named "Wanewalled, the Ring of Animals".  It is a sign that as the Tower is completed, that the Winehammers must begin training as well.  Our sect of warrior-chefs and ninja-brewers finally begins to take form.  The Goodbrews Clan shall dominate the culinary world for the next century!

In other news: we've had our first death:  One of the migrants who was a master brewer was slain today while passing underneath a tree.  One of its branches fell, crushing him badly and pinning him under the water of a local pond, where he quickly drowned.  Kikrost Onolarust will be honored with a tomb and memorial at the site of his death.  While not a member of the Clan, such an accomplished brewer should not quickly be forgotten.

5th of Galena, Year 25
  A Weaponsmith bled to death today, the victim of mob justice over a failed attempt to create an artifact.  His remains will be interred in the new graveyard.  RIP Iden Lolorbab.

Digging deeply, we found a surprise waiting for us.  Fortunately, the Winehammers are more than equal to the waiting challenge.  Time will tell if others of their kin come swarming up from the depths with inhuman screams!

Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3at9il2ovr39xqd/Royal%20Bloodlines%20year%2024-26.zip?dl=0

(Those who can solve The Riddle of the Tower are welcome to partake of the culinary treasures revealed.  Many will try, few will succeed.)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 01:34:35 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2015, 06:59:32 pm »

There better not be any stonecleavers getting logs dropped on then >.>

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 24, 2015, 11:14:16 pm »

...I'm starting to think I over-achieved on reporting the progress of my turn... :/

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 24, 2015, 11:38:57 pm »

How did you get the overhead shot that showed multiple z-levels of the entire embark?  I'd like to do one of those too.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29