Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Trivial Findings (Adventure Mode)  (Read 13508 times)

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trivial Findings (Adventure Mode)
« on: February 04, 2015, 07:28:50 am »

Brokers can be remarkably well informed.

()==[:::::::::::::>

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial Findings (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 08:16:35 am »

Hey buddy, how are you.
Are animals remembered? So if I stab a weapon into something will stay in the animal or will they both despawn?
Like the animals in world gen can you get stalked by that one eyed bear that you never quite killed the first time.
I plan on making two demigod adventurers to breed in a fort, is this insanity or possible
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 08:32:15 am »

Hey buddy, how are you.
Are animals remembered? So if I stab a weapon into something will stay in the animal or will they both despawn?
Like the animals in world gen can you get stalked by that one eyed bear that you never quite killed the first time.
I plan on making two demigod adventurers to breed in a fort, is this insanity or possible
Once you interact with something, it should be remembered locally.  Ambushers will patiently wait for you in the spot they spawned if you happen to get away, and their wounds are remembered.

I don't think your average critter is, unless it becomes a historical figure.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 09:42:13 am »

That is entirely possible, even easy. Well, assuming one demigod adventurer is female and the other demigod adventurer is male.

Make sure both adventurers retire in a location that is near where you want your fortress to be; make sure that the location you retire them in is part of the same civilization as your fortress will be. Start fortress, get lots of migrants, wait for adventurers to turn up.

When they do turn up you need to use Raidau's Marital status manipulator with UI.. Or have a great deal of luck!

Bonus tip for doing it naturally. If you make one demigod adventurer the companion of the other for some time the should start as friends when they migrate in. That should give them a little edge is becoming lovers, before finally getting married.

You can also use gaydar to check that your adventurers actually have any chance of getting married naturally (I'm not sure if gaydar works in adventure mode).
()==[:::::::::::::>

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 01:49:59 pm »

That is entirely possible, even easy. Well, assuming one demigod adventurer is female and the other demigod adventurer is male.

Look mister I have gone down that path and let me tell you it's not easy, also gaydar works in adventure mode.
and they tend to get the -not interested- set of occupation, on top of having no interest or likes to have a starting point or uhh personality which is kinda needed for making friends in fort mode naturally.
and boy howdy I still couldn't figure out how to get those adventurer's to breed with out changing one into a pet to bypass the marriage checks to trigger the pregnancy timer then switching them back to the original race.
and all that work led to a catdwarf baby who got mauled to death by wolves. God it's been 5 years since Olon Toolpalace was born.

you could test if it's possible to just bypass marriage use gm-editor and transfer all the good genes into the mother and trigger her pregnancy thus you can just play god with one adventurer than just 2 and waiting out in a bunker filled food. though last time I read about breeding is that it only effects appearance and not attributes so that dwarf baby still has to work out to be stronger than their parents and even then those parents can't give their children the hidden skill of READING thus doom to be super strong but super illiterate while the parents go on a honey moon to read necromantic literature and control even stronger and limitless undead who get a straight up Stat boost to what ever natural abilities they have. in other words...

IT IS BOTH! look going down this path will lead you to my life. filled with experiment after experiment in adventure mode never ending; quest will mean nothing to you, peasants will soon turn into fodder, you start to enjoy all the quirks and random rarities that pop up in your encounters than be mildly annoyed about them go out of your way to cheat out one super strong adventurer to just explore the world and avoid having to reanimate the dang corpse over and over and over again only to look deep and realize why not control them.

Then the necromantic horrors start, then soon you be starring not in DF acsii but GM-editor acsii and then ...ehh you might be a better coder than I am and make cool stuff so ehh
go for it. though try getting cross breed adventurers to work, the only recorded chance of that happening was with an fire imp and a dwarf, but beware that looking into cross breed babies tend to be hella glitchy and crash the game if you save and reload the game as DF doesn't know how to reproduce what ever the god living hell you made.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 03:51:26 pm »

the only recorded chance of that happening was with an fire imp and a dwarf, but beware that looking into cross breed babies tend to be hella glitchy and crash the game if you save and reload the game as DF doesn't know how to reproduce what ever the god living hell you made.
1. My mod or vanilla?
2. Where can I find this story?

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 05:50:40 pm »

Beware that looking into cross breed babies tend to be hella glitchy and crash the game if you save and reload the game as DF doesn't know how to reproduce what ever the god living hell you made.

Words to live by.
Regards,
Dampe

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 06:30:45 pm »

though try getting cross breed adventurers to work, the only recorded chance of that happening was with an fire imp and a dwarf, but beware that looking into cross breed babies tend to be hella glitchy and crash the game if you save and reload the game as DF doesn't know how to reproduce what ever the god living hell you made.

Though my experience involved modding, I've observed such things happening in legends when I experimented with transformation interactions. What happened was when a historical figure was transformed into something still capable of breeding, if they were married before the transformation and their partner was still alive, they would continue mating with their (untransformed) partner. In all results, any children made after the transformation always shared the mother's species.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 08:29:51 pm »

One time, in Fear the Night, a husband was transformed into a lich. Said lich proceeded to have a lich son with his wife, who later killed me. I was wondering why there was a random lich slaughtering civilians, which led me to discover this story.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 10:07:00 pm »

Trivial finding: you can set fires while webbed... usually it is smarter to try igniting the spider before setting yourself on fire, but whatever...

ClorrProdigal

• Bay Watcher
  • My God! It's full of dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 10:54:33 pm »

Trivial finding: you can set someone on fire at night while they are asleep. They wont react at all and their body and items should be completely destroyed by morning leaving no evidence to your crimes perfectly scientific research.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 12:28:41 am »

Rumrusher that made me laugh
Trivial stuff: You can find armor made from materials other than metals (yes its like wearing a cushion to battle (yes im floating on comfort) but it is as terrible as any other non metal materials)
Never trust a god you meet... tis all im sayin... never again
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 07:03:18 am »

the only recorded chance of that happening was with an fire imp and a dwarf, but beware that looking into cross breed babies tend to be hella glitchy and crash the game if you save and reload the game as DF doesn't know how to reproduce what ever the god living hell you made.
1. My mod or vanilla?
2. Where can I find this story?
it's in my sig, also that quote I pulled is from the guy who disbelieved that I got an adventurer pregnant so I made an adventurer with the poster's name and gone through the process again, olon toolpalace was that poster's daughter.
Vanilla ish I'm talkin about 5 years ago back when I only had Dfusion as an Executable.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 05:26:53 pm »

Momentum really changes things up, you can sprint at a target, punch them in the head, and very often concuss them.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 05:47:36 pm »

Yeah I noticed that when I charged a guy from behind at full speed, aimed at his neck and, it came off.
I cant wait for mounts and lances, oohhh yeah, good killing to be had.
Pages: [1] 2 3