Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Trivial Findings (Adventure Mode)  (Read 13468 times)

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
Re: Trivial Findings (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2021, 05:50:44 pm »

A nice "simulationally" way to level a character is to retire them as a hearthperson in a hamlet that is skirmishing with another site. Upon unretirement, they'll receive 2-3 lvls IIRC. And this will be detail in legends for your character's history as well.

There's probably the chance you get killed too. Havent done it too many times, tho, to see if this is the case.
Yeah, it’s quite possible that they’ll die. It’s also quite possible that they’ll kill a few people. I mean, it’s possible that they’ll die (or kill people) even if you settle them somewhere entirely peaceful, too, so I suppose it doesn’t really matter.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2021, 09:33:30 pm »

Yeah, it’s quite possible that they’ll die. It’s also quite possible that they’ll kill a few people. I mean, it’s possible that they’ll die (or kill people) even if you settle them somewhere entirely peaceful, too, so I suppose it doesn’t really matter.
Retirements appear to consider extreme status conditions. That aside, fully hydrated, fed, well-rested units appear to retire in peaceful zones without incident. But then these are usually middle game units with level 9 defensive stats. I am unsure how the game manages that given the occasional demon is killed by wilderness creature in world gen.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2021, 06:30:29 am »

An interesting 47.xx thing I noticed is leaders of bandit groups train discipline during combats, as I've seen them remark on their new skill gain. Their soldiers do not.

Hopefully discipline as skill is shifted over to formation retention when Toady does the military arc. As it is now, it occupies the territory +1/+2/+3 to fearlessness should have.

Post-47.xx, I've had to include a reaction to macro it, rather than have adventurer(s) join my fort with lvl zero discipline just to up-skill it.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2021, 09:25:31 am »

A Forgotten Beast made home in fortress ruins, and spends its time stationary in a sideroom and "working" by repeatedly getting onto the ground and standing back up.

I suppose even huge deadly birds require physical exercise.

(Edit: using different image source; if you read this, i did a history preservation for YOU!)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 03:21:26 am by Mobbstar »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2021, 04:20:04 am »

A Forgotten Beast made home in fortress ruins, and spends its time stationary in a sideroom and "working" by repeatedly getting onto the ground and standing back up.

I suppose even huge deadly birds require physical exercise.

It happened with a tarantula FB in somebody else's adventure.

Rumrusher drew a comic:
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 2 [3]