Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: Insanity: Roll to Keep it Together  (Read 31257 times)

blazing glory

Re: Insanity: Roll to Keep it Together (Sign-ups open!)
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2015, 01:15:45 am »

((I like the titles.))

Starn counted the money and felt somewhat at peace in this place, he looked up to order, she was still the same, was he normal again?

He ordered and handed over the money, and waited in a corner.

Order food and wait.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2015, 03:17:45 am »

"No, I must move on, I must try..."
"I can't!! I cannot let them be hurt!
Annie tried to overcome her fear and get outside.
Get to the children!
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 06:55:25 am »

Name: Jeremy Lane
Brief description / bio: A former undercover cop and now small time mall guard, his years in experience have given him a steel will and an athletic build. Him being tall and tattooed like a biker adds to his intimidating appearance, but those who know him out of the job say he's one of the nicest people you will meet.
Affliction: His years as an undercover cop have had him face some very disturbing events, and occasionally participate to keep his cover. His is mostly able to keep this in check, but if he let's his guard down, a whole otherworld of horror washes over his real world, and his ability to tell reality from hallucination is blurred until he, or someone else, gets him to calm down and think rationally.
Passion: He likes being around his friends and doing well on the job. He believes doing at least one good thing a day for someone other than yourself makes life much more bearable and livable, as well as making the other guy's day better too.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 06:59:39 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2015, 09:28:04 am »

Giving into rage, Jack shudders in place. It seems not even this shelter is safe from Them anymore. He glances around (have to keep Them from noticing, always keep Them from noticing), taking in the faces, the atmosphere of crushed dreams and despair (under Their crushing heel). He doesn't notice anyone who might now be inspecting his prize, but They are good at this, sneaky, conniving, and always everywhere.

But... maybe They had yet to find his secret stash. He had to check, for if They found it, all would be lost. Because then They'd KNOW, and if They KNEW then no hope would be left for those who seek the Truth.

Approaching the loose tile beneath which the Proof is hidden, he casts quick looks around, before lifting it and looking within.

Check the stash
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2015, 09:38:38 am »

Aw, I was going to sign up yesterday, but couldn't think of any character concepts.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2015, 09:46:24 am »

Making a sheet...

Name: Greaves
Brief description / bio: A short man with dark hair and brown eyes. He is quite thin, and cannot stop blinking.
Greaves was always interested in explosives, and now, with a mildly successful business (a *legal* room sized landmine factory in his backyard), he finally can sleep knowing that every one of them will perish if they try to get him.
Affliction: Heavy Paranoia.
Passion: Protecting his parents and children from any (imaginary or not) harm.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 02:51:40 am by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2015, 08:28:08 pm »

[unspoiler=Important fact]This looks like it's going to be awesome.
Yes, yes it is.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
ooooookaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy. I, uh. Hmm. Well, I have to be honest here: I've read none of those. I haven't even HEARD of some of those. Guess I'll go with my usual, for characters: Atlas Shrugged, Anne of Green Gables, And, of course, the Tw- the twi .... teh one with the spark .... Gah! I can't even type it, ahahahahahahahahahahahah.   ;D

In other news: I'll edit you new guys a bit, if necessary (haven't read them yet), check that everyone has posted, and make a new round.

One last thing: if you have trouble coming up with a character, the DSM  is a good resource for finding your imbalance, and your passion is something off worth to you, independent of the disorder: you would care about this if you were healthy, or if you had a completely different disorder, or if you had TWO disorders, or whatever.

EDIT: I notice a lot of "the world isn't real/ I have hallucinations" afflictions. Salsacookies, are you wedded to your character's issue? I can make it work, but I am going to have to decline additional characters with illusion issues.

Also, welcome to the game everyone, Welcome back blazing glory, Xantalos, and Harry Baldman. I look forward to DM'ing you again :D The ending of our last game still torments my dreams, and I SOOOOOOO want to resurrect that one.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 08:41:54 pm by Ozarck »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Insanity: Roll to Keep it Together (Waitlist open!)
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2015, 10:10:28 pm »

sorry, I've been playing the Evil Within, and I just liked the idea of an evil, twisted otherworld to go through. I'll go ahead and drop out, if that's okay, I just really want to have that concept, but I understand that this place is bloated with that sorta guy. Good luck, I'll be reading, and may make another character in the future.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2015, 10:53:02 pm »

No need to drop out, Salsa. We'll run with it. PM me a bit more of what the game you played is like, and we'll get you started.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 10:54:42 pm by Ozarck »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2015, 10:55:55 pm »

((Ooh, excellent, I didn't fuck up the character app like last time! One thing though; my character's first name is in all caps. For ... reasons Harry Baldman would likely know.
Right, Stacy?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2015, 11:29:11 pm »

pm me an explanation, please. or now, I am leaving it as is, as your characters all have mundane origins, more or less. Feel free to keep the single, all caps name as Stan's personal self image. he can refuse to acknowledge any other name, and use that one in character. and if I like the explanation, well ....

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2015, 11:32:11 pm »

((Actually now that I think about it, the contrast between that'll be a nice contrast between his more sane and insane periods. It'll be good as is.
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/STAN))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2015, 11:39:53 pm »

I have occasionally wanted to break into ER. Someone's sig piqued my interest. I feel it would take some time to read enough of it to satisfy my curiosity and get me up to speed enough to post a character, though.

Take heart, gang, I am working feverishly on the actual turn, and will have it up tonight for sure, including you new guys, except SaberToothTiger, unless he get's his bio before I get the turn.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2015, 01:07:27 am »

Spoiler: the Storyteller (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Fantastic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: the Protector (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Clockwork (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: the investigator (click to show/hide)

Other Stories Begin

Spoiler: The Quantum Nihilist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: the Tormented (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Damned (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2015, 01:18:40 am »

"No," Joseph says firmly. "No, thank you. I am fine."

Look at this person accosting me. Try to get some distance between me and her.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27