Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27

Author Topic: Insanity: Roll to Keep it Together  (Read 31213 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Insanity: Roll to Keep it Together - returning from hiatus?
« Reply #300 on: May 24, 2015, 04:04:48 am »

Explore the empty unchanging void.
there's so much .. I just ... I don't even ... what?

You're crazy, man. crazy.

blazing glory

« Reply #301 on: May 24, 2015, 04:07:23 am »

Well that was an enlightening experience.

Try consciousness instead.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 24, 2015, 07:32:34 pm »

Well that was an enlightening experience.

Try consciousness instead.
No no, we have to see this out. That wasn't an update, just gm commentary :P Next turn, you can try consciousness, heh heh heh. Ahahahaha.

Besides, it'll be fun to write.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 25, 2015, 04:10:25 pm »

Buy a... no, no, no... THREE chocolate bars AND some flowers! That will calm her down, obviously. That crazy woman, that.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

Stalk after the shadowy figure, must find the truth.
(2)  Jack attempts to sneak after the shadowy figure, but trips over an old broken pallet. The figure looks directly at him, and approaches, menacingly. Why is that guy wearing sunglasses at night, in an alley, in this neighborhood?

Quickly, draw in a breath and keep on repeating 'help'. I honestly forget what I was trying to get help for, but keep saying it anyways.
(6) Stan begins crying out for help. He keeps this up for a while, and a nurse comes in. She sees he is conscious, and begins talking to him. He keeps repeating the word though, having forgotten what he wanted. (6) He remembers that he was trying to convey a sense of helplessness and trying to refocus his shattered mind, having regained something of a linguistic ability. This revelation doesn't stop his babbling, but he does get the sense that the nurse recognizes his helplessness. She even sits by his bedside for a while, talking soothingly to him.

Talk about how I've been trying to move on.
(5) As Annie bares her soul, the look on the man's face changes, and he starts nodding sympathetically. "I'm sure we can work something out, Ma'am. I think we might have a position for you, with the recommendation that you take advantage of one of the programs available through the government. We'll call you with our decision in the next couple days." He stands and shows Annie out of fhis officec gently.

Explore the empty unchanging void.
(2) Starn succeeds. Turns out, it's empty. And unchanging.

Buy a... no, no, no... THREE chocolate bars AND some flowers! That will calm her down, obviously. That crazy woman, that.
(6) Ed rushes to the general store and picks up several bouquets of flowers and a stack of chocolate bars. he barely notices the total at the register, and balances his loot carefully as he walks back home - still without a vehicle. Once home, Ed arranges the booty on the dining table careully, perking up one sagging flower, and swivelling this one and that til they stand in perfect array, the chocolates tastefully arranged below. He stands back and admires his work. This should make her happy, he thinks. Then he yells up the stairs, calling her name for thirty seconds before a nagging thought in the back of his head catches up to him ...

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 03, 2015, 07:43:25 am »

Oh, right. She's kind of not here.
Call for a taxi towards my wife's sister's home. Remember to take all the loot with me.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 03, 2015, 08:26:36 am »

Thank him, and begin walking home.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 03, 2015, 08:30:47 am »

Try to tell this to her.

"Please ... talk ... with ... me. Just ... came back ... to talking."

Essentially try to talk with her in the hope that the act of conversing will spur my development towards normal condition.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

blazing glory

« Reply #308 on: June 03, 2015, 09:31:42 am »

Consider the void, then, with an unstoppable random little thought, think about the power of change bleeding into the void.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 03, 2015, 12:02:53 pm »

Arm self with pallet for inevitable confrontation
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 03, 2015, 03:03:25 pm »

Oh, right. She's kind of not here.
Call for a taxi towards my wife's sister's home. Remember to take all the loot with me.
(2) That's odd. None of the three taxi services in town answer the phone. You try a couple times, to no avail.

Thank him, and begin walking home.
(6) He looks a little uncomfortable at the tears of gratitude and the hug, which, upon reflection, you realize went on a little too long. You then head home, so caught up in your excitement that you pay little attention to your surroundings. The honks of irritated motorists barely catch your attention as you cross streets against traffic, and the odd looks mothers give you as you babble randomly at their children bother you not in the least. You get home, let yourself and the child inside, and make a cou0le sandwiches for yourself and your guest.

Try to tell this to her.

"Please ... talk ... with ... me. Just ... came back ... to talking."

Essentially try to talk with her in the hope that the act of conversing will spur my development towards normal condition.
(5) This simple string of words unlocks a flood of language in you, and your dialogue with the nurse becomes more alert and focused. Of course, the conversation doesn't last long, but not because of fogginess. No, the simple matter of your voice being rusty and your throat sore slow you down in the end. the ice chips help, and when she leaves, you settle back in the pillows, feeling more in control than you have in a long time.

Consider the void, then, with an unstoppable random little thought, think about the power of change bleeding into the void.
(2)The void. it remains empty and unchanging.

Arm self with pallet for inevitable confrontation
(4) Pulling apart the pallet, you grasp one of the longer, sturdier two by fours with both hands, and turn on your opponent, who pauses and evaluates the situation. He doesn't appear armed, and seems to think better of a direct attack. he doesn't leave, though, but starts to move more warily.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 03, 2015, 03:51:36 pm »

Try again.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 03, 2015, 04:10:55 pm »

Sit down and enjoy my pizza
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 03, 2015, 04:16:41 pm »

Excellent. Rest now. Don't dream.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 03, 2015, 04:36:10 pm »

Launch the pallet at the assailant. Aim for the torso. Rush into assailant immediately afterwards for an attack.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27