Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [44.12] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V2.7  (Read 1862 times)

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
[44.12] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V2.7
« on: April 22, 2018, 04:33:36 pm »

The Aeramore Expansion Mod Basic Info
=================================

Welcome to the Aeramore Expansion. This mod was originally just going to be a small mod for me to use, but it slowly
turned into more and more things being added into it, the more I learned the more I added haha. So I have turned this
into a decent sized mod with many things added in for making the game alot more fun, entertaining, and harder in some cases.
While making the mod, I tried to keep things balanced in a similar way while adding stronger creatures ect, but I guess it
also depends on how everyone else plays dwarf fortress. I have also created new weapons and armor to make races feel more
culture related (To go in depth on this, read the Race Civilization Info file).

Here is literally everything that is added into the game:
';,.,;';,.,;';,.,;';,.,;';,.,;';,.,;'

- 13 New Megabeasts! (Wyvern, Phoenix, Cerebus, Corrupted Angel, ect.)
- 15 new Semimega beasts! (Nature Golem, Ravaging Warwasp, Giant Ape, Vine Shroomlyte. ect)
- 4 New Wondering *dangerous* Creatures!
- 7 Finalbeasts! (counted as Semimegabeasts, but they have the demon symbol) These are Deity's chosen by Armok himself to keep
balance to the world. Be warned if you attempt to fight one.. they are stronger than megabeasts, but they drop the highest tier weapons.
- 18 New common creatures!
- 20 New Races to choose from!
============
  - Orks
    - Your average normal brute-like race with strong muscles, hates most races.
  - Saedra
    - These are the elves that left the elven style and fled to the north to do much more, some also call them as snow elves.
  - Kreemara
    - This is a Owl-humanoid race that has the ability to fly, but lives within the trees. They highly value justice and protecting the innocent.
  - Kytsuni
    - The Kytsuni are a Fox-humanoid race that have high agility and speed. They mostly live within the deserts.
  - Nagorian
    - This race is fairly similar to a Naga-like race, but they are not evil unless provoked. They have the ability to swim very easily and breath underwater.
  - Roflorian
    - The Roflorians are a plant-humanoid race, they treat animals and trees the same way as Elves.
  - Etharlu
    - This race is basically a bit taller version of a gnome race, but they are highly intelligent as well as great in engineering.
  - Draconei
    - This is a dragon-humanoid race, although they lack the ability to breath fire, they are extremely resistant to all forms of fire.
  - Johr
    - This is another wilderness race, based off a elk-humanoid creature, this race lives within the trees and are very spiritual.
  - Morealian
    - The morealians are closely related to humans, but different body/facial features, and have a more "monk" like lifestyle.
  - Itchlari
    - This is a grasshopper-humanoid race, they see every other race as a nuisance and believes its the best race on the planet.
  - Zhaahara
    - The Zhaahara are a half inorganic race with rock like scales as their skin, somewhat resistant to fire.
  - Crobold
    - This race is a small evolved group of kobolds who grew and became more intelligent, but they didn't lose their need for thievery.
  - Aerian
    - The Aerian are a Amazonian like race that has spread from their island. Similar to the humans but different body/face features.
  - Tulmanian
    - Tulmanians are basically a race that enjoy having life on the waters, such as pirates. Similar to the humans but different body/face features.
  - Faexari
   - This race is the evolved... or mutated group of Fairies that have grown in size and became more of a humanoid like race.
  - Vargeon
   - This is a strange race, its made up of multiple human like races, but they are all decayed creatures. The "Leader" basically rebirthed the dead, similar to zombies, but
they can do much much more, but they hate every other race.
  - Yjorel
   - The Yjorel are a cheetah-humanoid race that are fast, but love being drunk and enjoy jewelry.
  - Urhorken
   - Urhorken are a once dwelling civilization, but thanks to the Dwarfs, they have moved towards the surfaced. They have 4 arms.
  - Gindrae
   - The Gindrae are made up of humanoid creatures that are half-demons.
- 1 New Skulking Race! Skulking? More like Ravagers!
- 11 New Secrets to discover!
.,;';,.,;';,.,;';,.,;';,.

- Pyromancy
  - Cryomancy
  - Electromancy
  - Geomancy
  - Holy Warpriest
  - Enlightened Shaman
  - Shadow Warpriest
  - Chaos Druid
  - Transmogrifier
  - Demonology
  - Dragon Warpriest
- 64 New types of Weapons! Both Melee and Range! Some weapons are limited to 1 or 2 Races only.
   - 3 New Ammo Types
- 6 New types of Shields!
- 6 New types of Armor/Leggings/Helmets/Boots/Gloves.
   - Each race has its own set of armor. Dwarfs get Berzerker, Humans get Paladin, Ect. This armor is the strongest, but its
   best represented as the races "loyalty" armor with its own unique design so it doesnt look like a normal breastplate.
- 2 New Tools.
- 4 New Toys for the kids!
- 3 New Workshops!
 - Jewelsmith Workshop has been added!
  - You can now make gem items, furniture, and even a few weapons.
 - Extractor's Workshop has been added!
  - This allows you too take common layer stones and possibly extract ores and gems out of it.
 - Arcane Forge has been added!
  - You can now use the power of arcane to create new types of metals made out of other metals and materials.
- 9 New Minerals
- 40 New Metals! (3 of which are only obtainable as weapons through FinalBeasts.)
- 3 New trees!
- 17 New types of Plants!
 - 12 Plants are used for Tea Making.
 - 2 Plants are used for Coffee making.
 - 3 Plants are used for extra purposes!
- ALOT more things to make in adventure mode!
 - Smelting and Blacksmitching require DFHack's gui/advfort for mining to gather ores!
- Few extra changes to exsisting metals..
- Many new reactions for new products can be made in Fortress Mode!
- Allowed ALOT more creatures to be Trainable for both Hunting and War!
- All civilizations are allowed in both Fortress Mode and Adventure Mode!
   - Keep in mind: Certain Civs are limited to what they can forge and what weapons they perfer to make!
      - Only 3 Races are alcohol dependant! So make sure you have water!
   - Despite Kreemare, Itchlari, and Faexari all having wings, they are not currently allowed to fly due to FLIER AI pathing to be broken in Fortress Mode.

============
DOWNLOAD: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13699
============

Note: I have done alot of testing, but there is more or less likely a chance of something I may need to fix or
a bug that I have missed, if you are playing with this mod and notice any, please post on forums!
Also Feedback is very welcomed! It will help me learn more on what to do and not do! Fixes or changes will probably be made,
but as for more add-ons to this mode, it wont be for a while.

===
The Patches may take a while to get out, due to being busy at times, but also waiting on certain DF Vanilla releases at
times.
===

Future Plans:
As of right now, none. I will be waiting for a decent sized update, (probly the myth update) before making V3.0. Till then it will only be tiny updates or various fixes for each further patch.

============
Patch Notes:
============

Version 2.7:
- Small Changes to some creature drops and bugfixes.
  - Change to Hellferion, Eklion and Final Beast Drops:
    - All drops removed.
      - Replaced with "<material> hardened chunk"
      - Yields 6 bars when melted in both Fortress and Adventure Mode.

- 1 New Tool? *used for drops* Cannot be made normally. Only Obtained from Drops.
   - Didn't feel the need to add this to list of additions since the only purpose is to be melted into bars.

- Fixed Issue with Saedra not being able to use Extractor or Arcane Forge.
    - ^ How did I not notice this smh :c

Version 2.6:
- Other Megabeasts and Semi Megabeasts now have special lootdrops.
- 2 new Megabeasts.
 - Goliath Golem
 - Anuphinx

Version 2.5:
-New Gem related items:
  - Toy: Marbles (also stone varient too)
  - Tool: Display Rack (can also be made with wood)
  - Weapon: Royal Sword. ~ only effects some races.
- 4 New Plants with Tea drinks. 
- 1 new Mountain Tree.
- Adjusted ammo stats.
- New Weapon: Rifle.
- Multiple spelling/grammar fixes.

Version 2.4:
- Fixed issue with the vanilla file creature_fanciful and changed creature ID so it doesn't conflict with modded versions. (was causing issues).

Version 2.3:
- 13 New Creatures.
- 7 New Weapons.
- Allowed Kobolds and Rowlehemoths to be a choice in Adventure Mode.
- Some gems can be found from Extracting certain stones.
- Migrated normal creatures and ect. from the beasts file to creature common file.
 - creature_tae_beasts now only have semimega/mega/finalbeasts.
 - creature_tae_common will now contain normal/common/summon/shapeshifted creatures.

Version 2.2:
- Fixed a issue with Nagorians settling in the ocean.. x.x I assumed they would just settle on the ocean side of land.. but nope!

Version 2.1:
- New Extractor's Workshop
 - Lets use extract possible ores from most stones.
   - 3% chance for each ore.
- Fixed issue with STRAND_EXTRACTOR not being permitted for some Civs.
- Everyone can now smelt Arcanium, and Arcanium can now be used to craft materials with besides weapons ect.
- New Arcane Forge!
 - Lets you use the power of the Arcane crystals and combine certain metals and materials to create new forms of metal.
  - 20 New metals.
   - Most of which are used for fancy furniture, but some can be used for weapons or even armor.
   - 12 of which are limited to certain Civs.
- The Nagorian Race can now start and settle in Swamp Biomes as well.

Version 2.0:
- Made titaniunyte more rare
 - Added 2 extra reactions for titanium making.
- Malevolyte has been made darker.
- Removed Cobaltite from quicksilver reaction, added mercalite for its substitute.
- Added a new type of ore and metal: Emralyke and Emradyte, with new reaction to make new metal (Urhorken race only)
- Added a new type of ore and wafer: Raw Daemiunite and Daemiunite wafers. VERY RARE resource. All Civs can use.
- Renamed Divine (modded metal) to Divinyte.
- Every race/civ can now make every Toy and Tool.
- Orks are no longer considered "Demons" like the goblins, and now require Food and Water, but they no longer get tired.
- Roflorians are plant people... they only now require water.
- Added more details for some civs! Now you have hair spots, horn colours, ect.
- Double checked and made sure everyone had pickaxes and axes available!
- 1 new tree
- 8 new herbs for tea making
 - - Ability to make tea! (for non-alcoholics)
- 2 new plants for coffee making
 - - Ability to make coffee! (for non-alcoholics)
- 3 new plants for special drink making!
 - - Ability to make special boosting drinks! (for everyone)
- Changed the Rowlehemoth creature into another Skulking civ.
- You can turn skulls(totems) into skull masks!
- Spiked ball, menacing spike, corkscrew, and giant axe blade can be made out of stone!
- Display cases can now be made with stone and metal!
- Each secret now has its own text file for its names.
- Catagories have been made for adventure mode carpenters workshop making.
- Ammo can be made by wood and metal in adventure mode.
- Added a Jewelsmith's Workshop!
 - Ability to make gem crowns, statues, ect. and a few gem weapons!
- 1 new tool! Hauling Cart(better wheelbarrow)!
- 3 new toys!
- 6 new weapons!
- 14 new language files for the following: Aerian, Crobold, Draconei, Yjorel, Kytsuni, Nagorian, Morealian, Kreemare, Jorh, Itchlari, Faexari, Urhorken, Ork and Vargeon.
 - Etharlu share languages with dwarfs, and Saedra still use Elven languages, as well as Tulmanians still use Human language. Gindrae still use Divine.
- FINALBEASTS now drop a random weapon, with the Fragment of Armok still dropping the grand sword + a random weapon, as
well as dropping 5 respective bars of its type so your Civs can make weapons out of the legendary material!
 - With this change implemented in, there is a slightly rare chance of there being a randomlly generated artifact weapons made
 out of the legendary metal material. Will it be worth stealing?
- 3 new sets of armor:
 - Cadaveliar Armor (better bonemail): Armor, Leggings, Helmet, Boots and Gloves. Limited to certian Civs.
 - Impauldron Armor (spiked/horned armor): Armor, Leggings, Helmet, Boots and Gloves. Limited to a few Civs.
 - Righteousal Armor (greek-style muscle armor): Armor, Leggings, Helmet. Limited to a few Civs.
- Elves and Roflorians can now make wood armor!
- You can now Tan Hide and Cut Gems in adventure mode!
- You can now smelt basic ores in adventure mode! (limited)
- You can now create weapons of your very own in adventure mode! (limited)
- You can now create armor of your very own in adventure mode! (limited)
- You can now craft leather related items!
- Few changes and fixes to some Adv reactions.
- Added a few new reactions to other catagories.
 - You can now make stone boulders by combining rocks together!
- You are able to make quite a couple of Bone related weapons.
- Fixed a Caste name issue with Cawcori!
- 1 new domestic creature: Wooly Wambler.
- Nagorian Race can now be used in the Dwarf Fortress Mode!
- Lastly, and Sadly, Kreemare, Faexari, and the Itchlari are no longer able to fly due to [FLIER] causing AI issues in Fortress Mode. :(
 - When DF is updated and flier's can path correctly, it will surely return!

Version 1.2:
- Fixed a few issues; re-allowed Dwarfs to make Shard Shots again

Version 1.1:
- Fixed an issue with Loyalty Armor.
  - Changed all armor sets for each Civ to FORCED, none are common, uncommon or rare anymore

Version 1.0:
The beginning!
Literally everything you see currently above this.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 06:07:31 pm by Fatace »
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Modder
    • View Profile
Re: [44.09] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V1.2
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 11:08:11 pm »

Would you mind giving a brief little explaining on the races you have in your mod, please?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.09] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V1.2
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 01:24:54 am »

I have a more detailed list in a notepad provided within the mod, but I can add a quick gist for each civ on this thread though :)
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.10] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V1.2
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 08:34:34 pm »

Those of you who enjoy the mod, feel free to leave suggestions!  :D

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.10] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V2.0
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 10:22:02 pm »

ptw

ptw?

Edit: Nvm just found the answer lol
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 10:23:40 pm by Fatace »

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] The Aeramore Expansion Mod V2.5
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 04:26:21 pm »

Future Plans:
As of right now, none. I will be waiting for a decent sized update, (probly the myth update) before making V3.0. Till then it will only be tiny updates or various fixes for each further patch.

^
Further explaination for this issue is because as of now, some of the things I want to add are limited on how they would currently work. I have plans for other secrets, but will not be released till much later. Once more possibilities in modding has been added to the game there will be more to come. Till then I hope you enjoy!