Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about an old mod?  (Read 617 times)

Xezian

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Question about an old mod?
« on: October 18, 2022, 10:01:55 pm »

I didn't know if there was a megathread to post this in for question about mods, so apologies if there was. I wanna get a mod called Meph's Friendly Cultural Exchange working for the current version of DF, I'm slightly familiar with DF modding, having made creatures that half worked in the past and looking at this mod it seems like nothing should be preventing it from working on the current version ; but it's been a few years since I've touch DF at all since my PC just couldn't handle it. Now that I've upgraded I've gotten back into the game and Meph's Cultural Exchange has some features which I really want to get working in game. I've followed the instructions in the readme near exactly, I didn't install the overrides file since I thought it was only necessary if you used tilesets, and I don't. I like how the game looks by default. I even made sure to copy and paste the entity text under the dwarf civ which was actually not specified in the readme so incase someone tries to point that out, I've already tried it and it didn't work. The cultural exchange workshops just don't show up under the building menus whatsoever. Here's a link to the mod page so someone smarter than me can take a look at it and see if they can get it working.

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14529

I have no other mods at the current time other than DFhack which was required for the mod anyways and I've installed no plugins for that other than what is included with the base install.
If anyone can help I would very much appreciate it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Question about an old mod?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 01:49:15 am »

Adding new reactions requires making a new world, is the only real thing I can think of that might cause problems here.