Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: The Civilization Cookbook  (Read 23103 times)

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Civilization Cookbook
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2015, 07:27:50 am »

Is there any way to force a civilization to worship megabeasts, like goblins worship demons? I'm interested in setting up kobolds as worshipping dragons.

Or forcing it so that megabeasts are the leaders of a civilization?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2015, 01:11:22 pm »

Yes. All dark fortress civs are centered around a demon. It will assume the law making position. This is the reason of the crashes when there is more than one such position.

Nothing for megabits however. You must add the right spheres to worship and hope for the best.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 06:24:13 pm by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 01:18:43 pm »

If they share the sphere/symbol with your civ, it will happen. They will assume position of leader, convincing people that they are a deity.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2015, 11:58:56 am »

Actually, I don't think that happens anymore.  I had a civ that was specifically designed to always get taken over by a particular megabeast, and it worked prior to 40.0.  Now, I haven't been able to convince them to take over.  I'm not really sure what changed.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2015, 12:05:34 pm »

I'm not completely sure yet, but it seems possible that POWERs now only take over civs that build dark towers. I need to do some more testing on this, but I've definitely seen a power creature taking over as the goblin master.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2015, 12:24:22 pm »

It's a dark tower civ.  Let me know if you figure it out, I've been trying to get it to work for ages to no avail.

I thought maybe the demon on the throne was getting in the way, but they generally 'stop ruling' within year 1 and the throne is sometimes claimed by a regular civ member afterwards.  Never seen a megabeast do it, though.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2015, 12:38:32 pm »

They stop ruling? Odd. Can't say I've seen that myself. Anyway, the only thing I know I do differently is that my POWER is a night creature rather than a megabeast due to an unrelated bug. If you go that route, you probably need to give the creature DIFFICULTY:10 to avoid crashes. I haven't tested if that's still a problem, though.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2015, 12:42:30 pm »

I've managed it.

Spoiler: The Megabeast (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Position (click to show/hide)

As long as there is a free Great Dragon to take over the Lawgiver position, it will always do so, as far as I can tell.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2015, 12:52:10 pm »

Wait, so is that a dark tower civ?

This is confusing, there doesn't seem to be anything unusual about it.  Maybe something else is causing the problem for me.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2015, 12:54:22 pm »

Nah, that's about kobold daddies.

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2015, 01:02:18 pm »

This is confusing, there doesn't seem to be anything unusual about it.  Maybe something else is causing the problem for me.

Not a dark tower civ, at all. It had cave as the default site.

I have this as the civ's religion, which may help:
Spoiler: Religion (click to show/hide)

The megabeasts convince the civ that they're one of their gods and then go into the scalemaster position.

Nah, that's about kobold daddies.

Yep. :D

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2015, 03:55:22 pm »

PTW
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

fartron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2015, 11:31:53 am »

I've been playing with adding creatures lately, and the description of the PET tag is misleading. It's entirely possible for non-exotic pets to be absent from the embark screen if the civ never encounters them. Only the COMMON_DOMESTIC tag guarantees putting a creature on the embark list, and this also gives it to the human civs.

Darkweave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2015, 05:10:29 am »

Have you had any joy getting it working yet? I've tried playing around a bit but I'm a modding newbie and can't get it working for my dark tower civ (trying with orcs & giants). Haven't tried for others.

Is [RESPONSIBILITY:LAW_MAKING] definitely necessary for a megabeast to assume the position?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 05:37:02 am by Darkweave »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2015, 07:27:28 am »

Have you had any joy getting it working yet? I've tried playing around a bit but I'm a modding newbie and can't get it working for my dark tower civ (trying with orcs & giants). Haven't tried for others.

Is [RESPONSIBILITY:LAW_MAKING] definitely necessary for a megabeast to assume the position?

I've gotten it to work with non-dark fortress civs, but still no luck with the dark fortresses.  RESPONSIBILITY:LAW_MAKING is the position the beast will take over, but if the civ doesn't have one and you have the VARIABLE_POSITIONS:LAW_MAKING tag instead, the beast will create a lawmaker position on its own.
My guess is that the demon in charge of dark fortresses by default is blocking anyone else from taking the throne.  On rare occasions I've seen someone kill the demon in worldgen, but megabeasts taking over is a rare occurance as well, and I've never seen one happen after the other.
I was mistaken before about the demon stepping down from rulership in year 1, it was actually stepping down from 'ruling' its own spire and going to take over the civ instead.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5