Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trouble running the game, please help!  (Read 1229 times)

ZedzyzDeadzy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Trouble running the game, please help!
« on: February 06, 2015, 01:23:31 pm »

Hello, so I used to play DF on a Mac laptop, and had no issues. I'm now using an older desktop OSX, 10.4.11, and cannot get the game running. The machine still runs fine otherwise.

The "df" script is not working,when I try to double click I get a "there is no default application", and i'm pretty sure that I tried every application that is an option, to no avail. I also tried running it from the terminal (sh df) as recommended, and just get a "df: /bin/df: cannot execute binary file". My first thought is that i'm doing this incorrectly? From the main prompt I typed "df" which seemed to get me into the files, then used "sh df", and get said error message.

I also had the thought, that it may be as simple as finding the correct application to open the game...or perhaps I need to be running an older version of DF on this machine, if possible?

Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 02:02:48 pm by ZedzyzDeadzy »

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble running the game, please help!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 05:16:20 pm »

Not familiar with the mac version....why don't you try the mac newbie pack? or is that what you are trying? You may get better help if you provide information...

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble running the game, please help!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 05:55:29 pm »

Since you're on 10.4, you are *probably* using a PowerPC-based Mac. Dwarf Fortress requires an Intel/x86-based processor.